We rented a studio for three nights and were very pleased. The apartment was a great value for the money. The kitchenette had everything one would need to prepare a meal. There was also a washer and dryer in the room. The location is quite central. The bus to the ferry terminal and Central Business District stops very close to the hotel.
There is covered parking for an extra fee but one can choose to park on the streets overnight. Parking is not plentiful on the street but is available, especially after 5 p.m.
There is a two-lane outdoor lap pool which we put to good use. The gym has only a couple of stationary bikes and a treadmill. No resistance or weight equipment.
The only issue we had was that we arrived around 2:00 am due to a late flight. We retrieved the keys and the welcome letter from the lock box with no problem. However, probably because we were tired, we didn't find our assigned parking spot. That led us to taking the elevator for the office building next door. Unfortunately, once we realized our mistake, we found that we could not get back to the parking lot because the door through which we entered got auto-locked. Anyway, after some effort, we exited at the street level and re-entered the apartment building through the main door.
The following morning, I noticed that the elevator entrance from the parking lot to the apartments is clearly marked. We just did not see it. Perhaps there could be a sign on the other elevator entrance stating that the Quest Parnell entrance was on the other side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Quest Parnell. Quest Parnell Serviced Apartments are located in the heart of the historical inner city suburb of Parnell in Auckland, New Zealand with a focus on quality and comfortable living. Quest Parnell offers Studios, One and Two bedroom (two bathroom) apartments with all the facilities you are ever likely to need, including an on-site gym and heated lap pool. This contemporary style complex is ideal for both corporate and leisure travellers seeking secure serviced accommodation in the prestigious Parnell area. Our two-bedroom apartments comfortably accommodate families of up to five people. Quest Parnell is situated in Heather Street, adjacent to many of Auckland 's finest restaurants, retail shops, historical landmarks and popular attractions including the unique Parnell Village. Vector Arena, Auckland Domain, War Memorial Museum, University, Auckland Hospital, Viaduct Harbour, Broadway shopping centre in Newmarket, Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, Beautiful City Beaches are all only minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Quest Parnell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Parnell Hotel Auckland Central
- Quest Parnell Auckland, New Zealand