“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Perfect Location... Quite and Tidy rooms..Great Restaurants. in the Area., came to stay with my Family and we all enjoyed it ! Affordable and Convenient! Wifi was available 24/7 and they have a self service wifi kiosk which means my children never had a minute without Wifi ! Would definitely love to come back here .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Drishti C, Owner at Quest Ponsonby, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and providing your encouraging feedback. We truly value your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with Quest Ponsonby.

We always strive to go the extra mile to provide the best stay for our all our guests.

We wish to welcome you soon during your next stay with Quest Ponsonby.

Warmest Regards,
Drishti Chopra | Director | Quest Ponsonby
drishtichopra@questponsonby.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I shouted my parents a night in this hotel as a treat as they were coming up to Auckland for my company dinner. I left my credit card number in case of "incidentals", and was surprised to be contacted the day they left by the hotel saying some water had flooded from the shower to the room and made the carpet wet. They said they would charge a night's accommodation and a cleaning fee. Given that the hotel wasn't even full I said charging a night's accommodation was excessive. I asked them to send me the bill for any cleaning incurred and I would pay it. Instead they deducted $100 from my visa card, while saying they had managed to dry the carpet using in house cleaning. My parents had actually advised them there was some water spillage when they checked out at 9am, and offered to mop it up if they were given some towels with which to do so. The hotel said not to worry about it, but they didn't go to fix it till 12:30pm, by which time they said it was too late to dry it before check in. I don't object to them covering their costs, but making money from it and losing future clients over a triviality seems wrong. The water only spilled in the first place as my mother put a towel on the shower floor as it was very slippery and my father could have slipped and had a nasty accident. The hotel added insult to injury by suggesting my parents had stolen a pink cushion that they said had gone missing. I am disputing the charges and would warn off all travellers from staying at this hotel - absolutely not worth it.

Room Tip: Tiny rooms. Better value and more professional service to be found in the CBD for the same price.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sophie C
Drishti C, Owner at Quest Ponsonby, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us your feedback. I am sorry to see that you have had to go through this. I have had a look at your correspondence with the staff concerned and I believe the issue had been resolved soon after and you were happy to pay the damages that were incurred on the day.

Your feedback helps us to improve and deliver better. I look forward to welcoming you back, hoping to change your experience during your next stay with us.

Warmest Regards,
Drishti Chopra | Director | Quest Ponsonby
drishtichopra@questponsonby.co.nz

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

The plus side: The location was great, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The negative side(s): The 'studio serviced apartment' is really just a mediocre hotel room with a microwave and a sink. The bedspread had stains on it. The shower head leaked. The bathroom fan wasn't working. The tap in the sink was loose. The internet was a total rip off - $15 and it ran out after about an hour! Everything cost extra - it felt like Ibis or some budget chain. I definitely would not recommend this place - the location is good, but I would just stay in the CBD next time - it's not that far from CBD anyway.

Room Tip: Choose one in a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
North Island, NZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I don't lightly give a one star review, but our experience with Quest Ponsonby was so poor I can't help but make a clarion call to other travelers. Yes, it's located well in the heart of Ponsonby. Yes, our one bedroom unit was spacious and, initially at least, seemed well equipped. But here are the problems. (1) We paid $175 a night on wotif, not a fortune, but hardly a snip. For this we would expect daily cleaning and refreshed loo paper and towels without having to notify reception by 4pm the previous day. This is lazy, bad service more suited to a hostel and hostel prices. New morning, no loo paper, angry astonished guest! (2) Cleanliness is an issue throughout this hotel. It all needs a jolly good clean: the paintwork, the skirting boards, the halls, the carpets. This is just a basic. (3) Service. We had booked a second room for a colleague from Wellington whose flight was cancelled due to fog. As soon as we learned about this, we contacted the hotel and asked if we could transfer the booking to another date. Sometimes s*&% happens and this was the first time a hotel point blank refused to move a booking (even within the 24 hour cancellation policy) with genuine cause. The hotel business is all about repeat business and word of mouth referrals. Needless to say, we'd put up with the cramped garage access and high charges for parking if the hotel was clean and provided great service ... but, that not being the case, our charity won't be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: For service, kindness, and cleanliness ... stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Adelaide
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked a one bedroom apartment and it was just the right size. We we looking for cooking and washing facilities for a one week stay in a central location and this fitted the bill. We travelled on business with the family. The apartments are right on a shopping and restaurant strip opposite a park. We had a room at the back of the building which was very quiet, even for a light sleeper like me. Despite all the bad reviews I had read prior to arriving, service was friendly. The only downside was a few things were falling apart inside the rooms (soap rack in shower, towel hook on bathroom door), however the rooms were still very clean and spacious enough. Internet was expensive, however I had no problem connecting this outside hours as there is a self service terminal to pay for this which is available 24 hours. If you don't want lot pay high prices for the Internet, free Internet is available on Ponsonby road 100 metres away and in most cafes and restaurants in the area.
Staff were helpful in facilitating several deliveries and collections of items while we were in Auckland, so we experienced no problems with customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank yYobiwan
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Although they advertise wifi internet on their website, it is only available during office hours - not what you expect, when you arrive in the evening and need to use your computer. This needs to be clearly stated on their website. The secure parking, again advertised on their website, has a charge which we where only told about on departure.
The room was very average and tired - our stay was very disappointing. We should have read Trip Advisor prior to booking.
Mr F. Meyer, Adelaide

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank peter m
Gold Coast, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We booked a double apartment and spoke to the owner. We specifically booked a double apartment for a family with a queen bed in one room and two singles in the other. He told us to then go online and confirm which I did. When we arrived, the dingy apartment had large beds in both rooms and totally unsuitable for our family two kids (a boy and a girl) and was nothing like what the owner described to us. The person on reception was totally unhelpful and said nothing could be done. We left and had to find suitable accommodation elsewhere. Amazingly, they debited my credit card with $500 which I will reject.
Inspect rooms before you stay here so you won't be a victim of these dishonest people.

Room Tip: INSPECT FIRST, otherwise you will be ripped off.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family