It was our first visit to New Zealand. We had read so much about the friendly Kiwis. How delighted we were when we were greeted most warmly by Peter, the owner of this cosy place. My daughters, especially, loved the soft and warm beds. Well, that was our first stay. After a fantastic tour south, we returned to this place again. And, this time, it was even better. We were thrilled to hear that we were upgraded to a beautiful Edwardian apartment without extra charge. This place was so amazingly convenient; with the link bus stop just a min's walk away, Pandoro Panetteria Bakery and a 'convenient grocery' shop right across the street. Auckland Museum was within walking distance too. My family of 5 adults and a toddler actually took a relaxed stroll there.
Though the building is slightly run-down, the new owners, Peter and Mei Ling, are doing a great job in refurbishing it. However, what matters most to us was the warmth and friendliness we experienced here. We'll certainly come back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auckland’s No 1 location-in the heart of historical and trendy Parnell. Stroll to 70 restaurants and cafes, boutiques, galleries, museum, 5 minutes to the city centre and in fact just a few minutes from everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Parnell City Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parnell City Hotel Auckland Central
- Parnell City Lodge Auckland, New Zealand