When we tried to check in there was no one at the desk and had to wait 30 minutes - no apology. We had booked a room with two single beds and were given one with a double - not suitable for 2 females. He begrudgingly put in a makeshift single bed, did not supply milk or soap and was unfriendly. The place is tired looking, peeling paint on the steps, rubbish outside and needs a good clean up. The best feature is its location - right in Parnell and there is parking. However I would never stay there again. The owner needs to learn some people skills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auckland’s No 1 location-in the heart of historical and trendy Parnell. Stroll to 70 restaurants and cafes, boutiques, galleries, museum, 5 minutes to the city centre and in fact just a few minutes from everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Parnell City Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parnell City Hotel Auckland Central
- Parnell City Lodge Auckland, New Zealand