I believe the hotel has new owners, anyway I found it reasonable. It was in a perfect location to access bus transport to the city. The eateries close by were good, especially the "Coffee Club" restaurant, wonderful fish and chips. Easy to go to Newmarket shopping centre or to the railway.
The hotel was adequate, but it did lack in several areas, but this could be related to the type of room that we booked. The bathroom was tiny, shower small but good stream of water. The biggest problem was the HAND BASIN - tiny, and the silly shelf was placed above the basin so that when you washed your face or cleaned your teeth, you had to move your head sideways to avoid crashing into the shelf. There were no shelves or drawers, nowhere to place your suitcase. The lamp and lampshade took up all the room on the little side table that there was little room for anything else. Plenty of plates, cutlery, microwave, iron and kettle.
A reasonable stay for a short time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auckland’s No 1 location-in the heart of historical and trendy Parnell. Stroll to 70 restaurants and cafes, boutiques, galleries, museum, 5 minutes to the city centre and in fact just a few minutes from everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Parnell City Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parnell City Hotel Auckland Central
- Parnell City Lodge Auckland, New Zealand