VR Auckland City
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$220
US$166
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$302
US$287
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$124
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$116
Hotels.com
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$155
US$137
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$114
Trip.com
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$135
Hotels.com
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$232
US$210
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$131
  • Room Service
US$228
US$212
Orbitz.com
1,211 results
All reviewswashing machinesky towerhobson streettwo bedroom apartmentcomplimentary breakfastself containedqueen streetauckland citycooking facilitiesfull kitchenoakswasherkitchenetteovenharbourstovelaundry
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The view from the room was FANTASTIC! The room was modern, clean and spacious. Beds were comfortable and our room had plenty of balconies to look over Auckland City and the harbour.
It was close to restaurants and shopping.
The only down fall would be the parking. It was very tight and unless you have a very compact car, it does become a bit of a nightmare trying to park and get get out of the parking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
VRGroup, Manager at VR Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Falutui
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, especially for your kind comments on our hotel, room and cleanness.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I am very pleased with my 3 night stay at Auckland City Oaks. Exactly the same following breakfast was delivered for the duration of stay:
1. A banana
2. A small yogurt
3. A small granola bar (Mother Earth's Baked OATY SLICES"
4. A piece of cake
5. A small Juice

I appreciate your "continental breakfast" and I would like to make a suggestion to the manager. Please introduce some variety so it doesn't feel like a "prison ration". I mean you could easily interchange banana with apple, use different granola bars and cakes and so forth. I am sure this small change would go a long way for most travelers. Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rezania
Reviewed 6 February 2014

A group of us attended a wedding and booked two x two bedroomed units here. We were really impressed with most things, beds very comfortable, furnishings and fittings modern, and accommodating staff. Soundproof rooms which was very much appreciated.
The only 'problem' was the breakfast supplied was not really adequate for our needs. None of us do cake first thing in the morning, so appreciated the bananas and yoghurt.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed here for four nights for a work trip. The hotel room is quite nice and spacious though the cleaning was a bit patchy when I first showed up and a few things were missed during my stay also. I am not really fussy about this but I know some people are so just thought I'd mention it.

Breakfast was ok but mine was not replaced the one night I was not in my room when room service came around. Speaking of room service, one night I was changing in the lounge after getting out of the shower and a staff member knocked whilst opening the door and I only just managed to get changed before she opened the door. The staff really need to wait a bit after knocking and not open it whilst knocking!

It advertises a full kitchen so I was looking forward to being able to cook on a trip however I think this was exaggerating somewhat as all the knives were blunt, no strainer, giant fry pan that did not really fit on the stove and tiny saucepans that could barely fit spaghetti in. You could get by making very simple meals however. The washing machine I did not use but it looked modern and well maintained.

There is no restaurant at this place but they do have a shopping service plus there are tonnes of restaurants nearby. I did miss room service food though when I felt too lazy to go get food.

There is no pool or gym and the lobby is not flash looking. I don't care about these things but it's an FYI to those expecting it to be a full hotel experience. I believe you can get free access to a pool and gym in the area.

For the good stuff - the internet was great - fast and a very decent allowance. I usually stay at Rydges, Stamford Plaza, Rendezvous and places like that and the net is always expensive with very little data allowance so I appreciated this a lot.

The staff were helpful but not overly warm. Never rude however.

The bed is very comfortable (normally hotel pillows are too gigantic but this room had a selection) and the rooms are quiet - I did not hear much traffic noise plus unlike the hotels I mentioned above the walls did not seem to be paper thin and I didn't hear the other guests at all. It's probably the quietest place I have stayed in Auckland so far. It was also great to have a balcony.

Anyway I would happily stay here again despite the issues I mentioned as even though it is not as fancy as the places I normally stay it was MUCH quieter and more comfortable plus it had good net. If it had room service food delivered I'd probably even prefer it over a hotel. As far as being value for money, I have no idea as work booked it.

Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This motel was very comfortable. The staff were great and everything was clean and tidy.

The continental breakfast was unique bt delicious.

Overall it was ideally located. The sky tower was within a ten minute walk and it was worth the money. It's quite an experience. With such a pretty view.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple