“Deceiving!”

Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Auckland
Mumbai
“Deceiving!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2008

We arrived here in the morning at about 9:30 am from HK with a terrible jet lag. As check in time was 3:00pm, on request we were told that the we would get a room by 12:45 - 1:00pm as a room was being prepared for us. In the meanwhile, we waited at the beautifully made cafe at the hotel, past the contemporary entrance.

We killed time and finally passed out at the cafe and to our surprise, were given a room only at about 2:45 pm!

The rooms not only didn't have any air conditioning, but did not even have a proper fan! They were crampy, bathroom was very small and on doing the laundry there was no dryer or clothesline. The house keeping attended to us after very long, on being requested for a line and handed us hangers to put up our clothes in the balcony, which didn't fit!

Check out time is 10:00 am after which they charge $25 per hour.

Loved the reception, cafe and staff was quite helpful and polite, but the rooms were terrible. However, the location was superb!

• Liked — The contemporary look of the reception and cafe. And, the friendly and efficient staff.
  • Disliked — The rooms!
1 Thank champbox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Bev Hills
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2008

I was very excited to stay at the quadrant--their website is amazing and it looks like they have a ton of amenities and great service.

My husband had already been staying there for a good five days before I arrived and met me at the hotel. Upon entering the hotel, I was generally impressed at how modern everything was and that you had to swipe your key in the elevator to get to the correct floor. I thought that was good at preventing unwanted people in the hotel. It was a bit annoying though, that at 6 in the morning, the lobby and elevators blasted music that should have been playing at a discoteque.

The one bedroom hotel accomodation was nice and small. It looked like it had been furnished with IKEA furniture and kitchen items that were for a very small space. I became annoyed that when you put a sign on the door that said "OOPS" I need my room cleaned, that no one even attempted to clean them. After a couple of days (all I needed were fresh towels) I went to the front desk and asked what it took for someone to get me clean towels and she looked at me and said --I can give them to you now, and you can bring them up to your room. I didn't know if this was just a cultural thing, but in the US, someone would bring them to your room. The bathroom did not have a fan and as a result, the shower smelled moldy and you could see mold forming between the white tiles. I could have told them to clean the room, but the room safe wasn't working and I was getting a wee bit paranoid of the young staff at that point.
When we left the hotel, they charged us for an extra night because we did not inform them that we were going to check out that early. Again, this is our fault, but I am writing that in this review to warn you to give them a 24 hr. advance. I found that the staff in general looked great but didn't really go much further than that. I would not go back again and would recommend you stay somewhere else.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
1 Thank sportyspiceBevHills

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Waiheke Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2008

After my previous review where I explained about some of the problems we encountered while staying at The Quadrant, I finally tracked down somebody in management who offered us a good explanation, an apology, and some compensation.

I felt that they had taken on board my issues and as a result I will definitely go back and stay there again as well as recommend this Hotel to my friends.

Stayed February 2008
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2008

Arrived late,about midnight, beds not made from previous guest,the porter returned 20 minutes later to make beds and didnt have a real clue how to do it so we helped him make the beds no air conditioning in a new style hotel,cigerette butts on verandah of our room ,noise from adajacent hotel rubbish bin, received an early morning wake up call by mistake after arriving after midnight,travelled all over the world this is the first hotel payment was required to daily service the room ,we paid but only got a service on final day,the carpet covering the level where we alighted from lift was not clean ,however I would send my worst enemy to this hotel.

• Liked — the taxi rank
1 Thank kangaroo02
Tauranga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2008

The rooms are very small, they ran out of hot water! We were not offered any compensation for this ( free valet parking or drink would've been nice) Staff were indifferent to this. Ok hotel if you're on a budget & don't mind going without a shower in the morning!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — no hot water
1 Thank hokimai
Philadelphia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2008

The Quadrant was a great hotel! The hotel is new and very, very stylish, modern and cool. Our room was extraordinarily clean and well equipped with a full kitchen. The hotel is about a five-ten minute walk to the center of town and the harbor.

• Liked — The hotel is new and very modern
  • Disliked — Our room was a little bit small
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2008

Our entire stay was filled with mistakes, poor managment and rudenuss from this hotel. We had a group of us and when booking were told the rooms would be on the same floor but then when arriving found out they were not. Your given cards for the lift which only takes you to the floor of your room like many places but they had our rooms more than 10 floors away which was not nice if you wanted to see the others. Add to this that when we arrived for our 3pm check in we were told our rooms werent ready yet. We were put up in a room for the meantime which only had two towels for 8 of us and were told we would be called when our rooms were ready. When we hadn't been called by 4.30pm we rang reception to be told that yes our rooms actually were ready and had been for sometime. Add to this the disgusting state of the room, the power outage (which resulted in no water) this was a very bad experience. To top it off the price I was quoted over the phone they then told me was not including GST so they made us pay another $30 per room. Will definately never be staying here again

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends