“Good location for Auckland hotel”

The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Toronto, Canada
“Good location for Auckland hotel”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

hotel is in good location -- close to tourist attractions and easy walk to ferry docks and cruise-ship port. Front desk staff are helpful. we walked to the museum, the Skytower, and down to ferry docks to tke ferry to Devonsport

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Joy G, Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Dear honeybee1951

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you had a very positive experience! We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable.

Please stay in touch with us, via facebook or twitter, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Corporate Associate.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Northland
Reviewed 10 February 2013

It was an easy walk to town or the Maidment Theater by the University. Quiet rooms and quiet hotel! Easy parking although a little dear. Next to Albert Park fountains and walks just off Symonds Street Auckland City

Room Tip: Non smoking was great!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear HokiTraveller,

It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. We appreciate your feedback, it will assist us in improving our services for future guests.

Please stay in touch, via facebook of twitter,and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Corporate Associate
vancouver
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Great location, walking distance to downtown shopping, ferries and restaurants. Across the street from the University and Albert Park. We stayed for one week in a one bedroom suite and on our way home stayed in a studio for one night. Some reviews call the space small but it was adequate for us. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Both rooms had great views and were clean. Wifi free but was a little inconsistent in the rooms, the staff were helpful with this problem. Kitchen was equiped for basic cooking and washer/dryer combo was useful (we never did figure out the dryer)There was a small balcony which was great to store our 2 bikes.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear bikeridervancouver

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I believe the person who classed this hotel as four star is off their rocker. This hotel is definitely not a four star hotel or apartment block. 3 star is above all I'd class it and that's being nice. The gentleman on reception completely ignored me when I asked for the wifi code. Not only were some staff rude but the 1 bedroom apartment I booked was nothing more than a small basic room converted to a one bedroom with a fold away door. I've seen budget hotel rooms with more space than this supposed 1 bed apartment. I not a big person nor is my friend but we both struggled for space. The decoration in the reception, restaurant and our room was cheap and of poor quality(lots of flat pack stuff). The carpets in the lift and halls to our room were extremely dirty. The one good this is the location otherwise a terrible place

Room Tip: 1 bedroom apartment is extremely small
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bianca M

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Vancouver
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We have stayed at the Quadrant in Auckland numerous times and been quite satisfied, however that run has come to an end. On our arrival yesterday we were given a room with a "king" bed, that most uncomfortable situation where 2 doubles are pushed together to make 1 bed. After 30 years of travel I have yet to see it make 1 comfortable bed, so we quickly requested a change of room.
We were accommodated, and took possession of our new room immediately.
After my wife had a shower she noticed the usual hair dryer wasn't present. At the same time she noticed we had no trash can anywhere in the 1 bedroom suite, or for that matter any soap for the shower or sink. We called management about the oversights and assumed they would have a look at what else might be missing and resolve the situation.
We returned from having dinner out, and as we set out to go to bed we realized there wasn't a blanket anywhere in the suite. We went to phone down about this, and soon discovered there wasn't a phone either so we couldn't call about the newest issue! We also noticed we couldn't unpack properly as there were only 4 coat hangers in the closet. And then we realized the luggage rack was also missing, so we had to leave our suitcases on the floor. Wanting to relax whilst I went to the front desk downstairs, my wife realized there were no cushions on the couch that are the usual situation provided here. There were indeed now a trash bin, a bar of soap and a hair dryer present, so they had been in the suite, I suppose they simply didn't look around while there.
When I went down again and explained to the front desk we had no blanket, and were missing numerous other items despite their trip to our room to replace missing things, I was flat out disbelieved. The fellow asked if I had looked properly. I persuaded him to come look, and please bring a couple blankets, but he came empty handed as he didn't believe. It was quite hilarious to watch him examine the bed for several minutes to convince himself there really weren't any blankets no matter how he moved those 2 sheets around! Normally funny, but tired after a day of travel, at 11 at night, not so funny.
He ended up bringing us 2 blankets a bit later, another bar of soap and a luggage rack. Then I asked him to check to ensure the AC worked as we were distrusting the room. After about 10 minutes he discovered that the AC was unplugged in a hidden spot under a desk, so he was finally able to get that working, thank goodness I asked, we would never have found the connection as it ran through the wall.
We still didn't have a phone, ( oh how he Looked for that!), so in the morning when we realized we had no "make up the room" sign to display, we couldn't phone down yet again to solve the problem. I found a housekeeper and borrowed the cleaning sign, went downstairs and told the manager every detail in a quiet but frustrated voice.
Given the litany of oversights we fooled ourselves into thinking management might have an apology waiting for us, or perhaps some token of their understanding of our patience. Alas, no. And though I can chalk up all the other silly oversights and significant number of errors and omissions, I do not have it in my heart to forgive management's silence and lack of accepting responsibility. I had told the manager that I informed him because as a business owner I would want to know of such a volume of oversights, but it appears it will end there.
We now have a phone (dead battery), 2 suitcase racks, pillows, blankets and trash cans and working AC, I suppose that is sufficient.

Room Tip: Check your room thoroughly upon entry for all the basics you assume will be there, they may not be t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rmartens51
Dear rmartens51

Thank you so much for your feedback and Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. This was clearly not the standard of service that we strive to offer our guests and I would like to reiterate my most sincere apologies.

Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love for you to contact me directly at quad.corporate@vrhotels.co.nz as there a number of issues you have raised in your review that are a real concern to me. I am not one to take such things easily and need to address them after receiving more information.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you in the near future.

Corproate Associate.
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Very well positioned. Easy to get to main shopping area in Queen's Street and the bars and restaurants along the wharf. Well equipped rooms with washer/drier, fridge etc.If you have a car the hotel charge NZ$28 a day but there is secure parking nearby which is slightly cheaper.

Room Tip: Ensure your room has air conditioning and not just a free standing fan.
Dear Kathy S

Please stay in touch with us, via facebook or twitter, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We spent one night at The Quadrant. It's a perfect downtown location next to the Albert Park.
The reception staff was attentive. Wifi was provided without charge (maybe because the city is full of free hotspots). Our room on the 15th floor was well-equipped, even including a washer/dryer combination, but it also felt small - especially the bathroom is kind of narrow. The room offered a good view from the balcony. Overall it was very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Joy G, Front Office Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear Aotearoa-Holiday

Please stay in touch with us via facebook or twitter and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!