“Loved Staying Here!”

The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
“Loved Staying Here!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Due to the fear of the unknown and my relatively limited budget I was a little nervous about the quality of my stay at The Quadrant Hotel in Auckland. I need not worry one iota. Loved the facilities, loved the staff, loved the room, loved the location. My main concerns were that the room would smell like lingering cat fart or I would be able to hear the street below at night or the neighbouring rooms or corridors. To my relief the room smelt as fresh as a daisy and not a single noise was heard until my first burp of contentment following the initial sip of my complimentary glass of wine kindly gifted to me on arrival. The room was clean, free Wifi was speedy, bed was comfy, shower pressure perfect. My only complaint? I had to leave and go home. Stay here - you won't be disappointed!!! I'll definitely be back.

3 Thank Elliot_Denby
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Eliot_Denby

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you loved your stay with us and it exceeded your expectations.Such encouraging reviews ensure that we work hard to maintain our standards. Thank you for your support. Your feed back has been passed on to the team.
Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Warm regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Well equipt but possibly to much for the cleaner to clean. We found long strands of dark hair in drinking glasses, the fridge, and the bathroom. Either the cleaner is stressed or not cleaning.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with a nice view of the harbour. The way one bedroom shuts off from the other looks like a complete after thought to try and allow more space within the apartment.

The sofa was comfortable enough for 3 people to sit on but we weren't too fond of the stains on the cushions.

Valet parking was great! $28 well spent. Hotel staff we're friendly and informative.

Hotel bar was nice. Food was average.

Overall its really a 4 star view but a 3.5 star hotel. Keep your expectations low if you decide to stay here.

1 Thank Richandjess
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Every feedback helps us to improve.
It is good to hear that our staff was helpful, you enjoyed the bar and you found value in our valet parking service.
I am disappointed that your experience was marred by a few bad experiences with regards to housekeeping. This is of a major concern to me. You can see by our other reviews that we take great pride in our housekeeping standards – we invest a lot of time in training and hiring to ensure we have the most capable team. I have addressed your concerns with our Executive House Keeper and will follow up personally to ensure this is never repeated. This is definitely not our normal standard.We would like you to visit us again and give us an opportunity to show our high standards.
Warm regards
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We had a very good stay during New Years Eve at this hotel. Although we had to add extra to ensure that we get a room with a view of Skytower to watch the fireworks, the room that we got upgraded to was really great - modern facilities, nice kitchenette, overall clean and superb. Quite central but still a bit hidden thus less traffic noise.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for your wonderful feedback. We are gald that you enjoyed your stay here at the Quadrant. Your feedback is a good motivation for us to keep striving to maintain the high standards we have.
We look forward to welcome you and extend our hospitality again in case your travels bring you back to Auckland.

Warm regards
New Zealand
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Couldn't get in at the Pullman, 5 star, next door on a conference, and stayed at this charming hotel. Although a bit small the staff were very helpfull and the unit was very comfortable. Very clean and good facilities. We felt robbed when we went to the Pullman and got a tired room with overinflated prices for everything due to the 5 star raing. The quadrant is definately our choice for our next visit at less than half the price and double the value

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank VernonNewZealand
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Vernon,
Thank you for giving us such a great review. We are happy that you liked what we offer here at our property and that your stay was above expectations.Your feedback is a great driver in ensuring, we as a property can keep striving to maintain the high standards we have.
It is wonderful to know that you will choose us the next time you are in Auckland.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Warm Regards
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I got put up in the Quadrant hotel on a trip for work, and found it a very pleasant stay, with nice comfortable rooms.
The only unfortunate part was the fact that i left my kindle in my room and it was 'not found' by housekeeping at all. And it definitely was not packed in my bag.

So a word of warning that even in safe New Zealand, take care with your belongings and hotel cleaners..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank NZtraveller_6021
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
DearValued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share the experience during your last stay.

We pride ourselves in offering a high level of service. I am very disappointed that you had an unfortunate experience of losing your kindle. We have never come across such a report where we have not been able to return a guest belonging if he did leave it in the hotel room. I am very confident about my staff as well, but if you are very sure that you left it in the hotel room, then it is a matter of concern to me. I will definitely be following it up with the Housekeeping Manager. If you would email me the details of your stay with us at quad.corporate@vrhotels.co.nz, it would be a help.
It is good to hear that you had otherwise a pleasant stay.
Take care and I hope you choose us next time when you are in Auckland.

Warm Regards,
Sydney
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I booked a 2 night stay at Quadrant for the weekend and my mother and I were quite pleased with the accomodation and the friendliness of the staff always willing to help with all our needs.
Without asking, the staff member let our check out time be an hour later. Which was great!
If I had to request to improve on something, it would possibly be the quality of the food I would say, it could have been slightly better.
Other than that, room size was reasonable and very cosy, very clean, and location very central, it is on quite a steep hill to get to the Main Street of Auckland but if you dont mind the walk its definitely great exercise. Free wifi was also a plus.
Would stay there again.

Dear Cynthia,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and giving us such a great review. We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable. It is good to see that you embraced and enjoyed what we offer here at our property like free WiFi, Great rooms and excellent location.
We are disappointed that you did not enjoy our food, but it would be great if you could give us your suggestions on improving our food and email me on quad.corporate @vrhotels.co.nz for that. Next time when you book with us, tell us your expectations of food and we will definitely try to match that.

Warm regards,
Auckland
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed as a business traveller in a suite type room, clean enough and good sized except the bathroom which would struggle to accommodate a larger traveller I reckon.

I ordered room service for dinner and breakfast, delivered in take away boxes and tin foil. Soup was awful for dinner, very processed dessert and the morning omelette, well the order I asked for wasn't followed but I ate it and it was dry and very underwhelming.

Gym facilities are ok unless you use their cycle which was aged back in the 80's which was a shame, spa and sauna good.

I wouldn't recommend or go back, only here as The Rydges was full and my booking will be more in advance to make sure I can stay there.

• Stayed May 2013
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. It is very disappointing that our room service and breakfast service at the onsite resturant fell short of your expectations and our standards. I apologise for that. All of your comments will be dealt with at an Executive level and relayed back to the manager and team. Your feedback about our Gym has been passed on to the relevant department to address. We appreciate all constructive comments, giving us a better idea on future improvements.
At the same time I would like to thank you for liking our spa and sauna and appreciating our clean rooms.
I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our high level of services on your next visit.
Kind Regards