“short stay”

The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland
Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 21 June 2013

excellent position close to C.B.D and waterfront in a quiet position. staff friendly and helpful.
would definitely stay there again.higher floor had views over the bridge and down to the harbour.
cosy bar.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
VRGroup, General Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Pat E,

We appreciate your valued feedback and thank you for taking time to post it. It was an equally delightful experience for us to have you as our valued guest.

Your valuable feedback is very encouraging and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Good hotel don't eat there. 50 min waitfor food and the it was a disaster! Rooms are small but fit all your needs and now I know why they have a full kitchen, the hotel is cool looking very modern but the resultant staff need to learn way batter Customer service. Having said that the front desk are amazing and excellent customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy that you liked our hotel style and rooms. It is great that the front office staff were excellent with the service.
But it is very disappointing that service at the onsite resturant fell short of your expectations and our standards. I apologise for that. All of your comments will be dealt with at an Executive level and relayed back to the manager and team.
We appreciate all constructive comments, giving us a better idea on future improvements.
Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future! Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Loation is good, close to the city centre. But this is the only benefit of the hotel.
The room is very small, much smaller than it looks like in picture. Bathroom is small and only for shower no bath. No possible for two people brushing teeth in the bathroom at the same time. We were rush to the airport in the morning, but we had to brush teeth one by one. I got so mad while packing luggage in the morning, because I kept striking to my husband in such a small space. My husband is a little bit big among Asian, I am small size.
We found a better choice with similar price after we came back to Auckland around two week. We will stay with that choice for next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle L

Dear Michelle L,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to read that you found our rooms not up to your expectation in terms of size. Our apartments are much bigger than the standard apartments in Auckland. If you happen to visit Auckland again we would definetly like you to stay with us. Perhaps place a request for a larger room and our reservations will do all they can to honor your request. For the value that we offer our customers, we certainly endeavor to do all we can to ensure you have a pleasant stay at our property.

I hope you choose us next time when you are in Auckland.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2013

i'd recommend to anyone looking for a decent mid-range hotel close to the CBD. Located close the the university in a quiet area but only a 10 minute walk to Queen street and Britomart area. The hotel doesn't look brand new but has been well maintained and our room was clean. also a good bus stop just down the road at symonds st that will easily get you to other areas around town.

our 1-bedroom room was on the 19th floor with a nice view of the harbour. it's listed as 1 bed room but not really any different than a normal hotel room with the bedroom just sectioned off with some sliding/folding doors. i've stayed at the copthorne and room was about the same size (copthorne is another good option close by).

our room also had a kitchen with the bare essentials - i.e. only 2 of the basics - glasses, spoons, forks, etc. so required washing dishes after every meal. that said, with all the places to eat close by, you probably shouldn't be eating much in the room. basic TV channels (1,2,3, prime, sky sport, living) so don't expect full compliment of sky tv.

one downside was the bathroom. very small. shower was standard size for a hotel but everyday i had trouble with the temp fluctuation - very hot to very cold several times during my shower. not sure if this was one off during my stay or our room.

no major complaints and would stay here again as the location for the price is very tough to beat.

Room Tip: high up, harbour view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
VRGroup, General Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Trav11er,

We thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We always make an effort to delight our valued guests by accommodating certain special requests whenever possible.
I assure you that we have noted your concerns carefully and appropriate actions have been taken to avoid any re-occurrence.

We look forward to welcoming you again and offer you a more delightful stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I would recommend The Quadrant to anyone looking for a more affordable Hotel without missing out on much. The room was really clean and tidy, and just generally very nice. Service was good too; I needed help with the TV and asked for extra blankets, and they were sorted out fairly promptly. Room service was pretty good too, although I'd avoid the typically overpriced minibar. The room has a fridge so you can bring any drinks you'd like, and is also has a microwave so you can heat meals. It's very well equipped for anyone on a stay, the room even had a washer/dryer (which we had no need for, but I can see the usefulness for others travelling from overseas with a bit of laundry), as well as a small cooktop. Would happily recommend, oh and we didn't notice any noise from the uni students, maybe we just got a room away from them? Who knows.. The only thing that irritated us a little was out room was very close to elevators, and we heard quite a lot of noise from people coming and going.

Room Tip: I would in the future request a room away from the elevators if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Shonya_singh,

Sincere thank you for your valuable feedback, it was much appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were equally delighted to have you as our valued guest.

Your valuable feedback helps us to be better and deliver better. We look forward to welcoming you again and offering you a yet another delightful experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Due to the fear of the unknown and my relatively limited budget I was a little nervous about the quality of my stay at The Quadrant Hotel in Auckland. I need not worry one iota. Loved the facilities, loved the staff, loved the room, loved the location. My main concerns were that the room would smell like lingering cat fart or I would be able to hear the street below at night or the neighbouring rooms or corridors. To my relief the room smelt as fresh as a daisy and not a single noise was heard until my first burp of contentment following the initial sip of my complimentary glass of wine kindly gifted to me on arrival. The room was clean, free Wifi was speedy, bed was comfy, shower pressure perfect. My only complaint? I had to leave and go home. Stay here - you won't be disappointed!!! I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Elliot_Denby
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Eliot_Denby

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you loved your stay with us and it exceeded your expectations.Such encouraging reviews ensure that we work hard to maintain our standards. Thank you for your support. Your feed back has been passed on to the team.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Well equipt but possibly to much for the cleaner to clean. We found long strands of dark hair in drinking glasses, the fridge, and the bathroom. Either the cleaner is stressed or not cleaning.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with a nice view of the harbour. The way one bedroom shuts off from the other looks like a complete after thought to try and allow more space within the apartment.

The sofa was comfortable enough for 3 people to sit on but we weren't too fond of the stains on the cushions.

Valet parking was great! $28 well spent. Hotel staff we're friendly and informative.

Hotel bar was nice. Food was average.

Overall its really a 4 star view but a 3.5 star hotel. Keep your expectations low if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Richandjess
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Every feedback helps us to improve.
It is good to hear that our staff was helpful, you enjoyed the bar and you found value in our valet parking service.
I am disappointed that your experience was marred by a few bad experiences with regards to housekeeping. This is of a major concern to me. You can see by our other reviews that we take great pride in our housekeeping standards – we invest a lot of time in training and hiring to ensure we have the most capable team. I have addressed your concerns with our Executive House Keeper and will follow up personally to ensure this is never repeated. This is definitely not our normal standard.We would like you to visit us again and give us an opportunity to show our high standards.
Warm regards