“Nice place, good apartment rooms, great location”

The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
“Nice place, good apartment rooms, great location”
Reviewed 22 December 2010

I stayed in an apartment room. Very nice. Could cook and do laundry. Nice lounge on first floor. Busy lobby area.

This place was very convenient to the wharf area. Just a 5 min walk to Queen St. Free wifi.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 December 2010

We stayed here for several nights in June 2010. The check in process was a slow since the lobby is rather small, but there's a beautiful zen courtyard to look at while waiting. The hotel has a contemporary/trendy feel to it and was very clean. The room was not large but the creative use of sliding wall dividers gave the 3 adults in our party plenty of room and privacy. The well-appointed kitchen with washing machine was a big bonus, but the bathroom was very compact.

Parking was by valet only but we had no trouble retrieving our vehicle quickly. Since it's not on the main strip in the city center going out required a hike down the steep hill or a short cab ride to most activities. The surrounding neighborhood was very nice and quiet in the evenings. Overall this small hotel was unique, fun and a great value.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We booked the penthouse suite to celebrate our wedding anniversary recently, and although the room itself was wonderful and with amazing views, I must say we were very dissapointed with our stay.
When we booked the room we asked if we could hold a wee gathering of around 15 people to celebrate with us, this was all okayed over the phone and we happily agreed to pay a $500 "party bond" on arrival. However, when we arrived to book in a very rude young lady at the counter snapped at us and made us sign a waiver declaring no more than 10 people attend. We thought this was pretty unfortunate being that not only had we arranged to have more guests and confirmed this over the phone, but the suite is advertised online as allowing between 16 and 40 guests and this is why we chose the Quadrant.
A little deflated, we went to our room to explore and contact those who could no longer join us. When we arrived in the room we initially thought it to be glorious... until noticing how dirty the bathroon was. There was hair everywhere, the floors were dirty and the bins were all very marked and had goo on their outers.
However we were determined to enjoy ourselves so we ordered some room service and sat down to soak in the views. The staff who delivered the food were wonderful and the meals were outstanding! Yay!
The rest of our stay went well until we went to check out. Knowing there was no damage to the room or any of the furnishings we expected to pay the $600 owed for the room and meals and leave happily. But at the front desk we were told that our $500 bond would not be refunded immediately as discussed, but would actually be held for up to 5 working days!!!!
Then the staff didn't even offer to call us a taxi and we ended up walking in the rain to find our own transport home.
I am disgusted at the lack of service from the front desk staff and the lack of continuity between those whom we spoke to on the phone and the information provided online. I feel lied to and ripped off, and it was a dissapointment to have spent so much money on what was supposed to be a celebration of our marriage.
I will NOT be returning to the Quadrant in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JFortune

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 December 2010

I stayed for several different nights, not a continuous stay, at this hotel over a period of about three weeks. As a result, I stayed in at least three different rooms. All of the rooms were clean, all were well-appointed, and everything worked - with one exception: the washer/dryers. I tried the combined washer/dryer in two different rooms and it did not work properly in either of them. The first time I tried washing my laundry, the machine washed my clothes and then failed to dry them. When I called reception, a nice porter by the name of Sam was sent to try to fix my washer/dryer. He tried a couple times to get it to work, and when the machine refused to cooperate, he was kind enough to take all my things and dry them in a room with a working washer/dryer. Also, the reception staff was very accommodating, even when I called with last-minute date changes. The Quadrant is a nice hotel; I would go back!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I usually use google map to see where the hotel is located viz-a-viz my bus/train drop off point, other attractions, etc. When I spotted that Quadrant not too far from the place that the bus would drop me and close to the University, I found a good hotel at a great price and hence booked it. However, when I was finding my way to the hotel I realized that its a steep climb uphill to the hotel from High street and city centre. I had to chug two suitcases up the hill as it was too short a distance to look for a taxi and I wasn't very familiar with the bus system. Hence, be aware of where you are getting dropped off in case you intend to walk to this hotel.

About the hotel: Its a great new hotel, very chic, small but adequate reception, good rooms (we had a 1 bedroom apartment with a separate living area, hot plate, small balcony, mini-fridge etc) and valet parking (not sure whether I paid). We had to wait fora while to check-in as the room wasn't ready, the receptionist guided us to the bathrooms connected to the gym for us to freshen up. The receptionists were graceful. The hotel has a small cafe and a nice bar.

The apartment was good, had a living area and separate bedroom, the bed wasn't the biggest, but was adequate. If I recollect well, there was only 1 air-conditioner in the apartment (in the living room) and hence we had to leave our bedroom door ajar for the air to circulate. I didn't consume any breakfast or meal at the hotel, hence wouldn't be appropriate to comment.

The hotel is a very good new hotel, great if you would like to cook in (as my wife is a vegetarian) and wonderful if you have your own vehicle for city transport. There are bus stops nearby, but I did find Auckland City's bus system a bit difficult to internalize. The University grounds nearby give a great feeling to the hotel vicinity. There are restaurants and shops nearby, High Street isn't too far.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Leeds
Reviewed 7 December 2010

A great hotel, fantastic price (cheaper than a premier inn but oozes way more quality)!
We got the super shuttle from the airport straight to our hotel- exactly what we needed after 20 hours travelling. Around £20 for two us.
The rooms are basically mini apartments as it has a washing machine, dishwasher, hob and crockery. The beds are lovely and the air-con keeps the room comfy.
The deal we booked included the continental buffet breakfast for free. Breakfast was not good, basically fruit and debatable cereal. We were devastated as we were starving from the long haul flight. Shockingly, tea, coffee and juice is not included! I would definitely go elsewhere- breakfast ranges from £7 for egg on toast to £12 for a full breakfast plus toast £2 and tea £3! So not worth it, plenty of cafes in the centre.
The hotel is only 5-10 minutes from the centre. (10 on the way back as it is uphill!), but for the price you couldn't ask for more.
Great stay in a mini city.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 6 December 2010

The Quadrant is a well appointed hotel located near Albert Park and the university. Staff are not particularly friendly or helpful and parking is expensive. Try and park around the metered street parking which applies from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday from memory.
Rooms have a small balcony and ours came with a view out over the container terminal.

I found The Quadrant to have everything you need but lacking any character or human touch. First impressions count and after my initial run in with the girl at check in I think my attitude changed. No such thing as the customer is always right here.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple