The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland
US$252
US$214
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Quest Parnell(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$125
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$167
US$162
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
US$151
  • Fitness centre
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$136
US$92
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
VR Queen Street(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$112
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$156
US$142
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$94
US$78
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$55
US$53
1,289 results
All reviewswasher dryeralbert parkfree wifistudio roomsteep hillvalet parkingqueen streetsmall balconynew zealandkey cardvector arenacooking facilitiesfull kitchencity centresky toweruniversityharbour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2011

The service at this hotel could use improvement. They made many efforts to be accommodating but were often stretched too thin. We often waited for our car to be brought up by the valet because they were too busy. We also waited so long for our luggage to be brought up to our room (as they insisted) that we went down and brought it up ourselves. The cleaning staff were friendly, but mis-took several of our items for garbage (wine luggage box, razor case) and threw them out and the hotel never replaced them.

The room had everything we needed but it was small. The bathroom was especially cramped.

The location is very close to the port and other nice villages - although is located on a steep hill. We enjoyed the hot tub but the gym was very small. Breakfast was not included and was a fortune.

We liked the location and the style of the hotel but were always nervous to approach the front desk incase they were in a bad mood.

I would recommend the Hyatt next door which is only a little but more expensive each night (we stayed there for one day before the Quadrant because they were booked up and wouldn't accommodate early check-in). it has excellent concierge and amenities.

Reviewed 22 January 2011

Wow!! Made a reservation for two nights at this hotel for our last two days on vacation in wonderful New Zealand. I was so very impressed with our stay there. Very, very helpful staff. We booked a great rate that included free high speed internet. Reserved a one bedroom apartment. Extremely clean and a fairly well stocked kitchen - we even cooked one night. Great small refridgerator; very comfortable bed. The bathroom was small, but quite big enough for the two of us. Shower was great. Brilliant tv. Great distant view of the harbour. Delicious breakfast and coffee. The bar looked wonderful, too. Would go back tomorrow if I could. Oh, before I forget - the location is perfect. Right next to Albert Park, close to Queen St., great shops, fantastic restaurants. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 22 January 2011

This is the third review that I have written about my stay. The previous two were taken down by Tripadvisor for reasons that I do not know.
I relocatd to Auckland in February 2010 and my employer arranged three weeks at the Quadrant. I stayed on my own for a week and a bit in a two bedroom unit, before my wife and daughter joined me for the second half of the stay. The unit wasn't too bad. Very small, and good have done with a better clean. The kitchen table that had holes in it (by design) was a triumph of (dubious) style over utility. The hotel seemed to have attracted many old fat businessmen who were accompanied by their young beautiful wives with very short skirts and boots. Go figure!
I only ever used one of the two bedrooms. My room had not been serviced for a couple of days, but I didn't bother with that too much. On the day before my wife and baby arrived, I asked at reception for a cot. I was told it would be an extra $50 a night! This is outrageous, so I decided to complain about the lack of service of my room.
The next day, I found a note under my door from the housekeeper saying that it hadn't been serviced because I was apparently always in the bedroom with a young woman and had the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. I never had a do not disturb sign in the room, and I certainly never had a young woman in bed with me! And this was on the day that my wife was arriving!!!!
I went to remonstrate with the front desk. The lad Tim is in the wrong job. He was sneering and arrogant and generally very unpleasant. He is the sort of chap who probably wonders why he keeps getting his head kicked-in in pubs. Eventually the room manager agreed to provide a cot, and my wife and I were afforded a complementary dinner, but no apology. In fact, he suggested to me that I shouldn't make an issue of this otherwise my wife would find out that I've been having prostitutes in my room!
They insist on a valet parking service, and one morning they scraped the side of my wife's hire car whilst delivering it to her. I saw the manager who became incredibly angry with me, accused my wife of lying, and instructed me to leave the premises immediately. I couldn't find another hotel that night, so I stayed on for one night and left the next morning, despite having been booked in for a further four nights.
I'm a bit of a world traveller, I'm generally relaxed, and I roll with the punches (see my other reviews on here). But the Quadrant was one of the most horrible and offensive experiences that I've ever had.
Go ahead and book if you like being accused of lying and sleeping with prostitutes by hotel management.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
13  Thank RexyRoo
Reviewed 19 January 2011

we had a very good room with a great view and all amenities. location is excellent and staff were very helpful

Reviewed 12 January 2011

We stayed at the Quadrant for two nights in early January 2011. It is a great location as it is between the downtown and the Museum. We were able to walk to both places, (BUT Auckland is a city built on hills! You can't believe the steep hills everywhere!) The hotel itself is a very boutique hotel - very modern decor and furnishing.
Good points to the hotel: free wifi; great location; full kitchen facilities;

Poor points: overpriced for the size of the room; beds were very soft without any extra duvets or pillows; concierge service was a miss (the concierge couldn't give us a restaurant recommendation except to say that there were restaurants off High Street); constant videos in the elevators were annoying; key system to the elevator seemed to have some glitches.

The hotel is fine but I guess that I expected more when we were spending $500NZ on two nights accommodation!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family