“Enjoyable, except for the construction noise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
“Enjoyable, except for the construction noise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Enjoyed two nights here as a stay over. I had an amazing time in Auckland and would like to go back. Being woken up at 5am by the construction noise on my first morning was a bit much though. Not much information given by hotel staff when requested.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Chelled13
hotelteamAuckland, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Dear 'Chelled13'

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read abour your amazing time in Auckland, however I was disappointed to hear you were woken up on your first morning. My sincere apologies.

Construction is in the final stage with a finish date mid-August 2011, we look forward to welcoming you again soon and we trust you will have an enjoyable time at SKYCITY Hotel.

SKYCITY Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

sky city is a great place to stay, it ticks all the boxes, comfort, decore, convenient to many places. eating places to suit every taste with entertainment & music 24hours.

We have stayed several times & will be going back as soon as we can.
thankyou sky city
Marlene & John.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gran1116
Dear Marlene and John,

Thank you for your outstanding feedback.

It is always a pleasure to welcome you at SKYCITY Hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

This was an opportunity to get my wife away for a relaxing, stress free 24 hours without the children. From check in to check out we were treated to a wonderfull adventure. Fantastic room with great facilities and excellent comfort. On site activities and entertainment were outstanding followed by wonderful room service and food. Would reccomend this to anybody looking to have fun, great service and a relaxing stress free break.
Thanks Sky City
Mark & Joanne Irwin

Room Tip: Hard To Say But We Were Treated To A Wonderfull Night That Included The Room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarkJojo
Dear Mark and Joanne,

Thank you for your excellent feedback, we were delighted to read about your enjoyable experience at SKYCITY Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind Regards,

New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Skycity Hotel is a great place to stay. Reception on arrival was excellent and offer a choice on my booking whether I would like a quiet area with no view or somewhere a bit noisier as renovations are going on 24 hours a day with new restaurants and bars. ( For the Rugby World Cup.) I chose the quiet side and the room was very clean and a great big tv and a huge and I mean huge king size bed- unfortunately it was also very hard so did not sleep as well as I might have. The casino is great and lots of new machines since my last visit. Very clean and not too much music in the background as it was a Monday & Tuesday.
The Blend cafe is really nice although I was not allowed to chose where I sat for my coffee and was aked to move. quite ridiculous. I was the only one there. Coffee and food was good. Very central to city with a free bus to take you down central city, or a five minute walk down the hill. I have stayed here many times and always enjoy my stay. Next time I will chose a twin room if available. Would definitely recommend this hotel and have stayed at Skycity Grand which was also really nice.

Room Tip: Ask if then room has a view over the harbour it is worth it to ask.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank NZKIWINewZealand
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Best,
Admir
Corvallis, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here as part of our honemymoon. The location is fantastic- right in the middle of the city. The construction going on was frustrating because they started at 07am and it felt like they were going through our wall. The bed was huge- so big that I had nightmares I had lost my husband because I couldn't easily touch him in the bed.
The heated pool, hot tub, and sauna were wonderful.
I suggest going up the sky tower and eating for lunch. It is a little pricey, but the food is amazing!!! and the view is great.
I was disappointed that there was no breakfast included or microwave in the room.

Room Tip: Ask to be far from the construction
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JThielman
hotelteamAuckland, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Dear 'JuliaThielman'

Thank you for your constructive feedback, we appreciate it.

I trust you had an enjoyable honeymoon and took some wonderful memories from New Zealand.

I sincerely apologise for the noise disruption due to construction which is about to end in mid-August, in time for the Rugby World Cup, and I hope the huge bed made up for it.
We have California King size beds in our rooms and we receive positive feedback from our guests because of the comfort that they offer.

We look forward to welcome you at SKYCITY Hotel soon on your next trip to New Zealand.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed in a suite at Skycity for three nights. Arrived late at night, checkin was very smooth. Room was spacious and modern. The King size bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a separate bath and oversized shower . Some construction going on, but didn’t notice the noise.
Staff were all efficient and helpful. We had a problem with a restaurant booking, which was fixed without fuss to our satisfaction.
The hotel is centrally located and there is a bus stop for the free city bus at the entrance to the hotel. We would stay at this hotel the next time we are in Auckland.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank deka2
Dear 'deka2'

Thank you for your positive feedback, we appreciate it.

I pleased to read you had a wonderful stay and that our team was helpful, efficient and was able to solve the booking issue.

We look forward to welcome you and your family at SKYCITY Hotel soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

If it wasn't for the major construction, it would have been a nice stay. The bed was huge, shower was lovely and the room was in really good condition.

We were really looking forward to using the heated swimming pool, but didn't realise until we left that among the receipts we were given was a sheet explaining why the pool was closed and that we could use the grand hotels pool.
It was also a suprise, that as we knew there was construction, we didn't realise we were going to be woken up on our relaxing day at 7am, it was really quite loud.
The valet parking was also not very well orginised, as there was no parks left outside the front and no one waiting to take our car.
The lifts also took excruciatingly long.

But despite these things, we had a nice visit and it was really nice to be so close to the sky tower and casino.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear 'Zace'

Thank you for your constructive review, we appreciate it.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your hotel room, the huge bed and shower however I was disappointed to read you were not fully informed about the current developments as we have been making every attempt since January to advise our guests via website and also on each reservation confirmation.
While we are doing all we can to minimise any impact to our guests, we must inform you that it is inevitable that there will be some noise and disruption. On a positive note, work is due for completion in mid-August.

I apologise for any inconvenience this caused during your stay and I look forward to welcome you back at SKYCITY Hotel soon.