“Awesome”

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Had and excellent experience overall at Skycity. Helpful friendly staff who went out of their way to ensure and enjoyable stay, a room that could not be faulted plenty of food and drinks choices AND......only down the lift to the casino. Awesome.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Barb L
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear 'Barb L'

Thank you for your positive TripAdvisor review.

I am pleased you had an excellent experience and we look forward to welcome you back at SKYCITY Hotel soon.

Hotel Operations Manager | SKYCITY Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,014)

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Will most likely be my last stay at Sky City. Up for three days of work in Auckland, and looking for a late dinner and a few drinks, I went across the road to the casino owned Depot, as I had read in the hotel guide in my room they stayed open until 'late'. Got there at 1030PM, as they were turning customers away and closing. Since when is 1030PM "late"? For my grandmother yes, but come on, you run a 24 hour facility, hows about making late mean late?

And then I managed to leave a pair of trousers hanging in my wardrobe in the room, my own silly fault. Rang customer service. No response. Emailed asking if someone could please find them and come back to me - nothing. Ignored. Thanks Sky City, youve made my hotel choice that much easier in Auckland from now on. No point in being a regular customer if thats the level of service I can expect.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear 'triboynz_11'

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Whilst you may not agree that 22.30pm closing is opened late, this is in line with most CBD restaurants. But you are right, we are a Casino complex operating 24 hours and we are fortunate to have plenty of other restaurants that operate 24 hours. I trust you did manage to find a suitable restaurant and had an enjoyable experience.

Also, I am disappointed to read about your lost item and the lack of communication. I would like to look into this and would welcome you to contact me with your stay details.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Hotel is in the middle of everything in Auckland. Short strall to harbour, parks, restaurants and right at the bottom of Sky Tower. Next to Inter City bus terminal if you travel by bus. Short walk from Queen Street where buses from/to airport stop.
Big rooms and bathrooms, well maintained and quite. Comfortable bed. Did not try breakfast. Lots of eateries around.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank otk25

Dear 'otk25'

Thank you for your positive TripAdvisor review.

I am pleased you found our facilities and service satisfactory, also I am glad you did the Sky Walk and Sky Jump combo - having done both myself, I agree it is a real fun experience. Thank you for recommending SKYCITY to other travellers.

I hope you had an enjoyable stay in New Zealand and a safe trip back home to Canada.

We look forward to welcome you back at SKYCITY Hotel soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

If you are in to Casinos - this is for you (I am not). Notwithstanding this the hotel is part of the overall Skycity Casino complex. You do not therefore have to go any distance for your gambling needs. There are plenty of different style eateries to satisfy most peoples tastes.The hotel reception is situated in the main complex foyer and can be a little confusing on first arrival. The rooms themselves are well appointed with modern facilities. Good views from the windows. Buffet breakfast available would have to offer the largest range of food i have seen anywhere....and for buffet food it is pretty alright. The Skycity complex is pretty handy to all downtown facilities including bars, restaurants, and Queen St shopping. It is only a 10/15 minute walk from viaduct harbour - where there is quite bit of night life. I would rate this place fairly highly for the overall experience a person or families can have within the complex and the surrounding area. This includes the Skytower with walks, and bungy all in one location. Staff at the hotel are always very attentive and friendly. Great parking facilities.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hardnut59
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear 'Hardnut59'

Thank you for your detailed TripAdvisor review of SKYCITY Hotel, I am sure other travellers would appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and we will be delighted to continue delivering to your expectations.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Efficient , well trained staff. Large room with great view. We found it rather a strange place as there were always people there taking photos of the tower. It was a bit like staying in a railway station. The hotel is well placed for restaurants and shopping , and is walking distance to the waterfront. Nice big safe . Very comfy beds.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear "maxandrosie"

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of SKYCITY Hotel. I trust you had an enjoyable trip back home to Spain.

I was pleased to read you found our staff efficient and well trained. Also thank you for recommending to other travellers our large rooms and comfortable beds.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and we will be delighted to look after you on your next holiday to Auckland.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is a fairly large hotel with a casino on the property. It is located in central downtown Auckland giving easy access to transportation, including ferries to the various islands. The room was a good size but pretty standard for a large hotel. The breakfast buffet was the most impressive I've ever seen...truly something for everyone and very fresh.

One item of note: the harbor view rooms are a "distant" harbor view over industrial buildings. The view wasn't horrible but you are actually pretty far away from the harbor although you can see it in the distance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear "egliz"

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of SKYCITY Hotel. I trust you had an enjoyable trip back home to New York.

I was pleased to read you found our property centrally located with easy access to transport, it certainly. Also thank you for recommending our Fortuna breakfast buffet restaurant to other travellers, I agree it is truly impressive and has a range of wide choices.

I would like add as you rightly point out that we do not advertise as waterfront property and as such our harbour view rooms do indeed offer views of the harbour, albeit you may find this distant.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Great hotel in the centre of Auckland we had the chance of staying a few times over the past couple of months and ideal for both those business trips and leisure stays. The hotel team is definately a real asset to the property offering great professional attentive services, rooms are well layed out with all of what you need for a comfortable stay. Great choice of restaurants inside but also now on the side street with a strong recommendation for the Oyster Bar. High recommendation for a central hotel

Room Tip: Definately go for a Harbour View King Room