“A Very Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A Very Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay. The front desk and concierge team were all very friendly and professional on check in. Our room was a King Suite and was very well appointed. Looks like it was refurbished quite recently. The gym (across the walkway at the Sky Grand Hotel) was excellent and included a 20m lap pool. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your recommendation of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you taking the time.Should you return to Auckland City our team will be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel.
Best wishes
Admir Mullaaliu
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
nikkg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Our King-size bed deluxe room had a nice view and was HUGE. It was a comfy bed and had a great bathroom with tub and shower separate. We were on our anniversary trip and got complimentary chocolates which was a nice touch. Definitely would stay here again because it was right in the city-center and there were good restaurants within and around the hotel. Only problem we had was the concierge booked us a shuttle to the airport and the shuttle driver charged us 10 dollars more than we were told. We let the hotel know the issue and they promised to resolve it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear ‘nikkg’

Thank you for your recommendation on TripAdvisor. We appreciate it and we will continue to deliver excellent service.

The team looks forward to welcome you back soon.

Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I has a whirlwind trip to Auckland for business last month (Mar 12) and only stayed for one night so am basing my review on a very short stay. I was met at the door by a staff member who assisted me while I checked in and made sure that I was served in a timely manner. The room was very nice and clean my only disappointment was that it overlooked the base of Sky City Tower, however since I wasn't there long it wasn't a major issue.

Location is very good close to the central of Auckland and within walking distance of the waterfront and reasonable close to all public transport.

A comment I will make is that the cost of a cab from the Airport is quite expensive so anyone on a limited budget should look into the bus or train as it will probably prove quite a saving.

Dear ‘Andy P’

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. I was pleased to read our staff provided you with outstanding service which made your stay wonderful.

Andy, I look forward to welcome you back at SKYCITY Hotel soon and continue to exceed to your expectations.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have stayed in countless hotels and motels around the world - from utter dumps to ultimate palaces. And regardless of the standard of accommodation - without a doubt it is the SERVICE that people judge their stay.
Sky city rooms were clean and tidy, but the staff were outstanding. Everyone smiled and acted friendly in a sincere way, from the managers right through to the housekeeping staff. I got the feeling that everyone truly and correctly believed that their happiness and courtesy would affect my stay in a positive way.
10 out of 10 for service - thank you for a wonderful stay.

Dear ‘Andy P’

Wentworth Falls, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Checking in at 10pm after a flight and a drive from the airport, I had to go for a walk for nearly an hour as the room was so hot from the day and was told it would take 40+ minutes for it to cool down, just not what i wanted after a long day.
TV was unwatchable on any channel, should not be allowed to advertise that the room has TV when you can't watch it.
Although...Great price, clean and a true king sized bed.

Room Tip: If arriving late and you don't like sleeping in a sauna, get them to cool your room down prior t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 66Matt66
Dear '66Matt66'

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review.

I was disappointed to hear you found the room too hot upon arrival to your room.
As part of our environmental conservation our hotel rooms run on independent air conditioning units activated when the room key is inserted in the power slot.

In regards to the TV reception, I would like to look further into this, so would be grateful if you can contact me with your stay details. We take pride in our products and this not the standard we would like

Matt, I look forward to welcome you back at SKYCITY Hotel soon and trust you will have a more pleasant experience.

Wairarapa New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Had and excellent experience overall at Skycity. Helpful friendly staff who went out of their way to ensure and enjoyable stay, a room that could not be faulted plenty of food and drinks choices AND......only down the lift to the casino. Awesome.

1 Thank Barb L
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear 'Barb L'

Thank you for your positive TripAdvisor review.

I am pleased you had an excellent experience and we look forward to welcome you back at SKYCITY Hotel soon.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Will most likely be my last stay at Sky City. Up for three days of work in Auckland, and looking for a late dinner and a few drinks, I went across the road to the casino owned Depot, as I had read in the hotel guide in my room they stayed open until 'late'. Got there at 1030PM, as they were turning customers away and closing. Since when is 1030PM "late"? For my grandmother yes, but come on, you run a 24 hour facility, hows about making late mean late?

And then I managed to leave a pair of trousers hanging in my wardrobe in the room, my own silly fault. Rang customer service. No response. Emailed asking if someone could please find them and come back to me - nothing. Ignored. Thanks Sky City, youve made my hotel choice that much easier in Auckland from now on. No point in being a regular customer if thats the level of service I can expect.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear 'triboynz_11'

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Whilst you may not agree that 22.30pm closing is opened late, this is in line with most CBD restaurants. But you are right, we are a Casino complex operating 24 hours and we are fortunate to have plenty of other restaurants that operate 24 hours. I trust you did manage to find a suitable restaurant and had an enjoyable experience.

Also, I am disappointed to read about your lost item and the lack of communication. I would like to look into this and would welcome you to contact me with your stay details.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.