“Superb”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Superb”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Thanks SkyCity Hotel you made this long awaited trip amazing. The service was outstanding from the reservation call, check in and restaurants. We checked in for one night our deal was good value for money - included parking, dinner, breakfast, sky tower entry, champagne and chocolates. On check in I was advised our room had been upgraded! We went up to the room which had in fact become a suite. It was well appointed and very spacious with an amazing bathroom. Love the twinkle of the Auckland City lights at night time. Dinner was superb and very tasty in the Observatory and at breakfast at Fortuna lots of choices. Staff were helpful and courtesy. Can't wait for our next mini break away.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheree B
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Sheree B,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your City Experience Package. I agree it is a real treat. The Auckland skyline at night is stunning and I am pleased to read you have the opportunity to enjoy this view from Observatory.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY on your next mini break.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Eryka12
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We spent 3 nights at the SkyCity hotel after the Rydges did not honor our paid-in-full reservation (skycity upgraded us to a suite for the first night which was amazing and quite large!). We were very happy with our experience at the hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious and modern. The king bed was HUGE and so comfortable. My parents stayed in a double and enjoyed that as well! The location is close to the wharf and there are great restaurants and bars within a short walking distance. Overall we loved this hotel (added bonus was the attached casino) and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Eryka 12,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. Here at SKYCITY we strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and I am pleased to read your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. With SKYCITY located in the heart of Auckland City there are a number of tourist attractions to enjoy close by. I am pleased to read your enjoyed a few of the offerings nearby.

We hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 September 2012

As I stayed here for only one night, there isnt much input that I can provide regarding the experience.

Check-in took almost 45 minutes ( both my wife and I were exhausted as we had taken a flight from Singapore where we were out the entire day shopping.)

Average comfortable room.

Bars were across the street, and being a vegetarian, there was a subway within 100m.

Room Tip: stay across at the Sky Grand
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gaurav K
Dear Gaurav K,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We are proud of the service we provide at SKYCITY Hotel and I was disappointed to read of your experience on check in. Please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully investigate this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Guest relations
mumbai
Reviewed 11 September 2012

skycity hotel was amazing even more than what i had expected from other reviews that i had read...the restaurants were all very good and what a location!! direct entrance to the sky tower and the view from the room as well as hotel lobby was beautiful overlooking the auckland city... the entrance to sky tower was free and also there were lots of discounts on skywalk and sky jump..it was worth every moment of the stay

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Ketaki S,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I am pleased to read you and your family had an amazing time during your recent stay with us and we managed to exceed your expectations. I am pleased to read your positive feedback regarding our restaurants.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Guest relations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Great Hotel to stay at, was given a free room upgrade on arrive. We booked the "do not disturb" package which included Valet car parking which made everything very simple and less stressful as i was checking in alone and my fiance was meeting me later. I arrived at the car valet the concierge helped me with my bags and gave me a ticket and directed me to the reception, where i was greeted by a lovely lady who explained my package and the room upgrade, she was very friendly. I was led to my room with a gentleman whom was bringing my bags, once in the room i took in the views and was soon greeted by another gentleman with fresh fruit a bottle of champagne anf oils and salts for the bath (included in the do not disturb package) he laid it all out very nicely then was off. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was heaven. This Hotel is highly recommended and my only regret was not staying longer!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leannekingi
Dear Leannekingi,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your wonderful feedback. Here at SKYCITY we strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and I am pleased to read your positive feedback regarding your stay.

We look forward to your next vist to SKYCITY Hotel.

Pukekohe, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 September 2012

SkyCity Hotel is always very good. Everything is so close to you, it's impossible to have a horrible time.
We had dinner at Rebo for the first time and the wait staff were very good, fast and knowledgeable.
I really do think we will just stay at Skycity every time we go to Auckland now.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Natasha F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read your positive feedback. Please be assured I will share your positive feedback with the team from Rebo.

Our your next stay I hope you have the opportunity to re visit Rebo or any other of our more than 20 restaurants, cafes and bars.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Great hotel, amazing modern rooms with city views. Very convenient to all locations in the city. Night life if great. We stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed all of the amenities. There is a casino attached to the building. We went to the top of the sky city and saw the amazing views.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mattmues
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Mattmues,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and pictures on TripAdvisor. Here at SKYCITY we strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and I am delighted to hear you wonderful feedback.

Guest Relations Manager