“Brilliant, spick-and-span hotel!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Brilliant, spick-and-span hotel!”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We throughly enjoyed our 3 nights stay at Skycity. One of the must do attraction- the sky tower is in the hotel! what more can one ask for??..Other than that, the hotel is centrally located and it's immaculate, the service was very efficient and gave us lots of tips on local sightseeing. The room was spacious and clean with a million dollar view of the harbour. One can enjoy at the casino after a long day/sightseeing trips, the waterfront and restaurants are close by and the hotel itself has lots of dining options. Totally recommend this hotel to all those who are looking for a fantastic stay at the city of sails.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deeptisnarayana
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear deeptisnarayana,

Thank you for recommending SKYCITY as a fantastic stay in the City of Sails - we are certainly very lucky to live in such a beautiful spot.

At 328 metres the SKYTOWER is the tallest free standing structure in the Southern Hemisphere. It has become an iconic structure in Auckland’s skyline and is one of my suggestions for a must do while you are in Auckland City.

With our 25 restaurant and bars at SKYCITY - and more to be anounced soon - we are certain there is something to suit all tastes. Including unique dining experiences such as having a meal at one of two restaurants at the top of the SKYTOWER.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel when you next visit Auckland.

I hope you had a safe trip back to Dubai.

Best
Admir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I am a pretty hard customer to please, but the staff at Sky City have consistently gone the extra mile to ensure my stay is a happy - and slightly spoilt - one.
I have a loyalty programme with the Rydges, but there truly is no comparison. The rooms are spacious, there are so many things to do WITHIN the hotel that I hardly ever leave and the value for money is exceptional.
My friends/clients suggest restaurants in Ponsonby or on the Viaduct and I always manage to convince them to come to me, where we typically have a great time at Depot before a little nightcap at the casino.
I won't stay anywhere else in Auckland.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Melisa W
Dear Mixed Kiwi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. My team and I were delighted to read your experience with us is consistently positive and we look forward to delivering the same exceptional service on your future stays.

On your next visit to SKYCITY I welcome you to join Premier Rewards programme.
This membership brings you fantastic new and exciting benefits and a gaming experience like never before, plus regular member-exclusive promotions with big prizes to be won - not to mention accommodation discounts at both our two Hotels.

If I can assist you with your membership please do not hesitate to contact me.

I agree SKYCITY is a one stop entertainment stop with over 25 restaurants and bars, a world class casino, and entertainment to suit all tastes there is no need to go anywhere else.

Best
Admir
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 September 2012

First of all, the hotels location is fantastic and we couldnt have wished for a better location. The room was very spacious and clean, however certain things let it down such as having an analog controlled tv setup which in turn offered a very poor picture and the blue lighting on the light swithces next to the bed were highly annoying as they lit up when the power was off and thereforth shone right in your face while trying to sleep.

I was unfortunately left unimpressed with the customer service upon our check in, we were simply greeted with "name?" and thats all. We also asked as to what time the Skytower closed to which she replied "I dont know". She didnt even endeavour to find this info out for us, however her colleague noticed my annoyance and mentioned that she believed it was around 10pm that evening. I would have expected staff to know the opening times of the cities biggest attraction, an attraction that is less than 50metres away from their counter. Lastly I would have expected staff to mention to us that a pool & fitness centre were available over in the Grand Hotel for our use, I found this out later myself upon asking a friend who had stayed at the hotel herself.

I must say I was highly impressed with the young samoan lass who looked after us upon our check out, sadly I can no longer recall her name.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick J
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Nick J,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read you found our rooms spacious and clean and enjoyed our central City location.

Please be assured your comments regarding our customer service are not the high levels of service we take pride in at SKYCITY Hotel. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully investigate your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tracey Walsh tracey.walsh@skycity.co.nz
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Thanks SkyCity Hotel you made this long awaited trip amazing. The service was outstanding from the reservation call, check in and restaurants. We checked in for one night our deal was good value for money - included parking, dinner, breakfast, sky tower entry, champagne and chocolates. On check in I was advised our room had been upgraded! We went up to the room which had in fact become a suite. It was well appointed and very spacious with an amazing bathroom. Love the twinkle of the Auckland City lights at night time. Dinner was superb and very tasty in the Observatory and at breakfast at Fortuna lots of choices. Staff were helpful and courtesy. Can't wait for our next mini break away.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheree B
Dear Sheree B,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your City Experience Package. I agree it is a real treat. The Auckland skyline at night is stunning and I am pleased to read you have the opportunity to enjoy this view from Observatory.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY on your next mini break.

Eryka12
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We spent 3 nights at the SkyCity hotel after the Rydges did not honor our paid-in-full reservation (skycity upgraded us to a suite for the first night which was amazing and quite large!). We were very happy with our experience at the hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious and modern. The king bed was HUGE and so comfortable. My parents stayed in a double and enjoyed that as well! The location is close to the wharf and there are great restaurants and bars within a short walking distance. Overall we loved this hotel (added bonus was the attached casino) and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Eryka 12,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. Here at SKYCITY we strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and I am pleased to read your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. With SKYCITY located in the heart of Auckland City there are a number of tourist attractions to enjoy close by. I am pleased to read your enjoyed a few of the offerings nearby.

We hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 September 2012

As I stayed here for only one night, there isnt much input that I can provide regarding the experience.

Check-in took almost 45 minutes ( both my wife and I were exhausted as we had taken a flight from Singapore where we were out the entire day shopping.)

Average comfortable room.

Bars were across the street, and being a vegetarian, there was a subway within 100m.

Room Tip: stay across at the Sky Grand
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gaurav K
Dear Gaurav K,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We are proud of the service we provide at SKYCITY Hotel and I was disappointed to read of your experience on check in. Please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully investigate this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Guest relations
mumbai
Reviewed 11 September 2012

skycity hotel was amazing even more than what i had expected from other reviews that i had read...the restaurants were all very good and what a location!! direct entrance to the sky tower and the view from the room as well as hotel lobby was beautiful overlooking the auckland city... the entrance to sky tower was free and also there were lots of discounts on skywalk and sky jump..it was worth every moment of the stay

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Ketaki S,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I am pleased to read you and your family had an amazing time during your recent stay with us and we managed to exceed your expectations. I am pleased to read your positive feedback regarding our restaurants.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Guest relations