“good but could be better”
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 November 2012

stayed as part of business trip. wired Internet was free, room was OK, bed was large and comfy, but parking was too expensive at 35-40/day. The gym was well equipped but both cardio machines in desperate need of maintenance. I've never had a cardio machine lock up and reboot! The lap pool was awesome. overall a good experience but could have been great

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear ggb88,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel.

Here at SKYCITY we have a number of parking options available. Valet parking is available at $35 a day with unlimited entrance and exit privileges. If you prefer to Self Park please speak to our guest service representative who will issue you with an exit ticket for $20. Should you wish to discuss in more detail our front office team will gladly assist.

I am excited to say SKYCITY Hotel will soon be complete with a new gym which will be located on Hotel Level 4. We are in the final development stage and we look forward to being able to offer this new facility to our guests.

Best,

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed at sky city for the 7 th time last night . Experience in these stays has been from excellent most other times to terrible last night. On a positive note the hotel is affordable.usually excellent for families Easy to locate and get to, has fantastic staff and great food and entertainment options. In the past the experience of the rooms was great too. Last night however I was in a room adjacent to the courtyard. Why oh why despite having numerous bar areas away from the guest rooms does the hotel allow guests to drink in this courtyard. Instead of being able to sleep we were bombarded with shrieking laughing yelling and all the noise associated with the intoxicated. This finally ceased at 1230 only to discover the rooms have pitiful soundproofing to the front doors also so had the privilege of people in the sitting area at the end of the hall shouting there evening plans to each other around every 10 or 15 minutes consistently until 230 am. Sadly even people simply talking in the corridor can be heard loud and clear.
I appreciate it is an entertainment venue and people will be having a good and somewhat noisy time but the soundproofing is seriously inadequate and should be addressed immediately. The courtyard if it must be open to smokers should be alcohol free so they head out smoke and leave quickly rather than ruining the experience for people unfortunate enough to be paying for the privilege to stay in the adjoining rooms . Perhaps care also should be taken to place people travelling with children or in the hotel to enjoy other aspects of their stay in Auckland to a more peaceful part of the hotel .
Hopefully these observations are of help. If last night had been my first experience of the hotel I never would have returned however I will be back with the family for Xmas and a visit to the Franklin st lights but will be significantly more careful of the room I book as despite being the same grade over the hotel they certainly not created equal

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Tania,

I was disappointed to read of your experience on latest visit to SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me to allow me to respond to the points raised.

Many thanks,
admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed at the Skycity hotel during our recent trip to New Zealand with SOTC. Our room was nice, nothing special. We had a view of an office building next door. However, the great thing about SkyCity is that when you are out sight seeing in the city on your own without your group, then when you are done for the day you just look up at the skyline and look for the SkyTower and walk toward it - no need for a map. The staff at the hotel was definitely helpful. Cleanliness was proper.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear DelhiGlobeTrotter,

At 328 metres, the Sky Tower is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and is certainly an iconic feature of Auckland’s Skyline. I agree it is a useful point of reference from any area of Auckland.

On your next visit to SKYCITY make sure you take a ride up the glass-fronted lifts to one of the three spectacular viewing platforms. Or explore Auckland’s landscape with the new Eye in the Sky technology. Using a 42 inch touch screen panel you can view Auckland using the latest technology.

My team and I hope you had a safe return journey to Delhi.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 2 November 2012

My partner and I stayed here on the first day of our trip around New Zealand. I was very pleased with the comfortable, spacious room and clean bathroom. We had booked a package deal which included discounts at the restaurants & Skytower, which was great value for money, the only problem being that nobody seemed to know how to deal with us when we asked for the discounts! This was easily resolved but could have gone a bit more smoothly. Overall very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Laura,

I hope you had an amazing trip to New Zealand. We do have some stunning packages available at SKYCITY Hotel which allows you to sample some of the best experiences SKCITY has to offer such as the SKYTOWER, Orbit and much more. Our website lists our latest offerings and promotions.

We hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY on your next visit to New Zealand.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We have stayed here several times, it never disappoints. Have had several different room grades from entry up to suit level. All are good. entry level is fine, but if you get upgraded for free-Take the suite, its great.
Food up on Orbit was some of the best we have ever had.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BenHancock
SKYCITY H, Hotel Operations Manager, SKYCITY Hotel at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear you have had the opportunity to stay in our spacious and modern rooms.

I am pleased to inform you we are in the project preparation stages of a bathroom refurbishment and we look forward to rolling this out across our property.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Fantastic choice for a hotel in the city. Glad I asked if there was a swimming pool, it's in the adjacent grand hotel but available to guests here. Only detracting thing was the outdated analog TV signal.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear Andrew C, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

My team and I were pleased to hear you took advantage of the facilities at SKYCITY Grand hotel which are available to all SKYCITY Hotel guests. I am excited to say SKYCITY Hotel will soon be complete with a new gym which will be located on Hotel Level 4. We are in the development stage and we look forward to being able to offer this new facility to our guests.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 30 October 2012

My young family stayed here for 4 nights in August 2012. Very comfortable and stylish accommodation, however I would not recommend families stay in a room - two double beds were provided in one room and there was not much else space, so too cramped for a family but excellent for single or couples where space is not a priority. Good quality and excellent service. Wonderful location, very central. Plenty of restaurants to choose from in the hotel and the room service was fantastic. Great room decor but the bathroom was not quite up to the same standard. All very clean. A bit of noise from the road downstairs (pub/restaurant) but not enough to disturb light sleeper. No opening windows but aircon worked well in room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Gina H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. On your next stay with us I welcome you and your family to book a premium twin suite which includes a separate bedroom which includes two double beds and a spacious living area with a comfortable couch and plush sitting area and two plasma televisions.

SKYTower has a number of kids activities available - including our very own Scotty the SKYTower.
Shhhhh, just between you and I while nobody is listening, Santa will be here next month with plenty of gifts. Please check our website for our latest promotions or with our concierge desk.

We hope to have you stay with us in the near future.

Best,