“A beautiful hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“A beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The hotel was amazing to look at when we arrived; the sky tower was literally right in front. The hotel has a lot of amenities to include the sky tower, sky jumping, casino, and multiple restaurants/bars. The reception was pretty helpful; they helped us get a shuttle to the airport that was fairly cheap and answered all of our questions. The only negative I would say is checkout, there was a large line but it moved along fairly fast. The room was very large and nice and had two large beds and a fully stocked minibar. The price was surprisingly cheap considering that it was a super touristy hotel and in a great location to many bars and restaurants in the CBD. Also, the free wifi was a SUPER BONUS for all those who have traveled New Zealand and were tired of the 6 NZD an hour charge for wifi at other hotels. Overall, I would recommend just being near the sky tower at night, it is a sight to see!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Daniel Z,

Thank you for your overall positive feedback, I have passed this onto my team.

I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully investigate the staffing levels during your checkout. I appreciate your feedback as it allows my team and I to identify areas for improvement and ensure we provide an exceptional guest experience at all times.

I hope to hear from you shortly.

admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in the central city and because of that is a little noisy.The rooms are generous in size and modern.the amenities are a problem as you use the casino resturants with other public and the parking is expensive at $30.00 and the casino car park was not good for leaving stock in and took some time to get to .Food on offer in Fortune resturant was poor along with the service.This hotel is really suited to people wanting to play in the casino.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Susie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Our guest rooms have recently been refurbished and guest feedback on the refurbishment has been extremely positive.

With over 25 restaurants and bars located within SKYCITY there is something to suit all tastes and a number of our restaurants have become an essential Auckland experience. If you require assistance booking a table our Concierge team will happily help with making a booking where reservations are accepted.

Here at SKYCITY we have a number of parking options available. Valet parking is available at $35 a day with unlimited entrance and exit privileges. If you prefer to Self Park please speak to our guest service representative who will issue you with an exit ticket for $20. Should you wish to discuss in more detail our front office team will gladly assist.

Following your feedback regarding your experience at Fortuna I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully investigate your feedback.

Dixon, California
Reviewed 8 November 2012

This is a big hotel,, but things work. It even has a casino which is almost entirely non-smoking!!! Rooms are not huge but ours was clean and well-appointed, and we could see part of the harbor over the commercial building next door. Sky Tower is literally out the front door, and Viaduct Harbor is only a few minutes walk. Pretty good value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Tultrip,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I hope you had an enjoyable time in New Zealand.

Many of Auckland’s main tourist attractions are located within close proximity to SKYCITY Hotel. If you need recommendations on how best to spend your time in Auckland our Conceirge team are only too happy to assist.

My team and I hope you have a safe return trip to California.

Warm wishes,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

stayed as part of business trip. wired Internet was free, room was OK, bed was large and comfy, but parking was too expensive at 35-40/day. The gym was well equipped but both cardio machines in desperate need of maintenance. I've never had a cardio machine lock up and reboot! The lap pool was awesome. overall a good experience but could have been great

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear ggb88,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel.

I am excited to say SKYCITY Hotel will soon be complete with a new gym which will be located on Hotel Level 4. We are in the final development stage and we look forward to being able to offer this new facility to our guests.

Best,
nz
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed at sky city for the 7 th time last night . Experience in these stays has been from excellent most other times to terrible last night. On a positive note the hotel is affordable.usually excellent for families Easy to locate and get to, has fantastic staff and great food and entertainment options. In the past the experience of the rooms was great too. Last night however I was in a room adjacent to the courtyard. Why oh why despite having numerous bar areas away from the guest rooms does the hotel allow guests to drink in this courtyard. Instead of being able to sleep we were bombarded with shrieking laughing yelling and all the noise associated with the intoxicated. This finally ceased at 1230 only to discover the rooms have pitiful soundproofing to the front doors also so had the privilege of people in the sitting area at the end of the hall shouting there evening plans to each other around every 10 or 15 minutes consistently until 230 am. Sadly even people simply talking in the corridor can be heard loud and clear.
I appreciate it is an entertainment venue and people will be having a good and somewhat noisy time but the soundproofing is seriously inadequate and should be addressed immediately. The courtyard if it must be open to smokers should be alcohol free so they head out smoke and leave quickly rather than ruining the experience for people unfortunate enough to be paying for the privilege to stay in the adjoining rooms . Perhaps care also should be taken to place people travelling with children or in the hotel to enjoy other aspects of their stay in Auckland to a more peaceful part of the hotel .
Hopefully these observations are of help. If last night had been my first experience of the hotel I never would have returned however I will be back with the family for Xmas and a visit to the Franklin st lights but will be significantly more careful of the room I book as despite being the same grade over the hotel they certainly not created equal

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Tania,

I was disappointed to read of your experience on latest visit to SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me to allow me to respond to the points raised.

Many thanks,
Delhi
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed at the Skycity hotel during our recent trip to New Zealand with SOTC. Our room was nice, nothing special. We had a view of an office building next door. However, the great thing about SkyCity is that when you are out sight seeing in the city on your own without your group, then when you are done for the day you just look up at the skyline and look for the SkyTower and walk toward it - no need for a map. The staff at the hotel was definitely helpful. Cleanliness was proper.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear DelhiGlobeTrotter,

At 328 metres, the Sky Tower is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and is certainly an iconic feature of Auckland’s Skyline. I agree it is a useful point of reference from any area of Auckland.

On your next visit to SKYCITY make sure you take a ride up the glass-fronted lifts to one of the three spectacular viewing platforms. Or explore Auckland’s landscape with the new Eye in the Sky technology. Using a 42 inch touch screen panel you can view Auckland using the latest technology.

My team and I hope you had a safe return journey to Delhi.

Many thanks,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My partner and I stayed here on the first day of our trip around New Zealand. I was very pleased with the comfortable, spacious room and clean bathroom. We had booked a package deal which included discounts at the restaurants & Skytower, which was great value for money, the only problem being that nobody seemed to know how to deal with us when we asked for the discounts! This was easily resolved but could have gone a bit more smoothly. Overall very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Laura,

I hope you had an amazing trip to New Zealand. We do have some stunning packages available at SKYCITY Hotel which allows you to sample some of the best experiences SKCITY has to offer such as the SKYTOWER, Orbit and much more. Our website lists our latest offerings and promotions.

We hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY on your next visit to New Zealand.