SKYCITY Hotel
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$116
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$182
US$165
  • Pool
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$124
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$233
US$215
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$132
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$138
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$115
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$142
US$212
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$303
US$290
Hilton
2,115 results
All reviewssky city hotelfortuna restaurantbusy hotelfederal streetupgraded to a suitevalet parkingcentral locationnew zealandroom was largegreat roomthe heart of the citychecking outmini barstayed one nightbuffet breakfastqueen streetdicky
Reviewed 23 November 2012

LOCATION: Excellent - in the heart of downtown Auckland.
ROOM: From a booking form which offers smoking and non smoking rooms (expected for a Casino Hotel) - on arrival allocated a disabled room! Asked to be moved - which we were to a level with no courtyard access and there are no views. Naturally, all rooms are non smoking. Clean and comfortable.
SERVICE: Staff very friendly. Room service excellent with gr8 service and good food.
FACILITIES: The Hotel seems to have everything with many dining options + The Casino.
FOR: Location and friendly staff.
AGAINST: Room allocation to a disabled room with no advice prior. Internet charges.
OVERALL: OK 4 star, centrally located Hotel with friendly service and OK value.
TIP: For more luxury - opt for the SkyCity Grand. For smokers - ask for a Courtyard Room @ Sky. For dining out - make sure to visit the Viaduct.

Room Tip: request a Courtyard Room for 'balcony' type access.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Hi Jnpaussies2010,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at SKYCITY hotel. I appreciate receiving all guest feedback as it allows my team and I to identify areas for improvement to ensure we provide an exceptional guest experience to all.

I hope you had a safe trip back to Sydney and we look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 November 2012

I have stayed here several times now for both business and pleasure. It is centrally located, handy to the CBD, shopping and good restaurants. The rooms are well appointed and I find the staff and overall service very good. One hint would be to ask for a room on floor 2 or 3 and not facing the road as it can on occasion be a bit noisy.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jacquelynrose

Dear Jacquelynrose,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read you found our staff and overall service very good. I have shared your review with my team at morning briefing and my team and I look forward to your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel.

I welcome you to contact me directly to allow me to update your guest profile with your room preference.

Best,
admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Clean, roomy, modern, but beds were only doubles. With the four of us we were happy there was also a small couch for one of the kids. The husband and youngest shared one bed and I had my own. The two of us (adults) in a double bed would not have been comfortable, especially since I wasn't feeling the best.

Ordered a salad at 10pm (I skipped dinner) and had the BEST lettuce ever! The first time I had ever ordered room service anywhere, so glad it was here! I think I ate it in record time! So incredibly fresh. Yum!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank usakiwimom

Dear usakiwimom

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your room service experience. I have shared your feedback with our in room dining team who were thrilled to see your comments.

On your next visit to SKYCITY I welcome you to book a Premium Twin Suite. With a spacious living area and dining area and a separate bedroom with two double beds. Also, rollaway beds are available on request.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to SKYCITY on your next visit to Auckland City.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Could have been better but happy over all I stayed here with my 2 daughters in October. I was a bit put off having emailed a few days before for directions from the airport bus and having not received a response.
Check in was good but credit card charges should have been advised.
Early check in was greatly appreciated.
They did know 3 people were staying in the room so wasnt the best that I had to ask for an extra coffee mug and glass. No view to speak of but the room was spacious and well appointed.
We had dinner in the Orbit restaurant - service was fantastic! Amazing views and food and they treated my girls (6 and 8) like princesses!
Concierge sevrvice was amazingly helpful

room lighting could have better - a tad dull and hard to see at night time.

all in all a lovely handy place to stay and would be happy to stay again

Hopefully there wont be stray hairs in the shower this time!

Great location and despite the little things above its good value for money

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Chippie_7

I am pleased to read my team assisted you with an early check in.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Orbit. I have feedback your comments to the head chef and restaurant manager who will share your feedback with their team.

On your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel if you require any assistance with directions or information prior to arrival please contact myself or our Concierge team on hotel.concierge@skycity.co.nz.

My team and I look forward to your next stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stayed here for one night on our way to our honeymoon destination. The staff were wonderful, had left chocolates and a card in our room to say Happy Honeymoon. The hotel is very nice and a great location close to Viaduct Harbour which we could see out our window.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view before you go, they told us they couldn't guarantee it but came through :-)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Kimby,

Firstly congratulations on your recent marriage.

I am delighted to read my team and I assisted in making your honeymoon special. I believe it is the little touches that make the difference between a good stay and an exceptional stay and here at SKYCITY we strive for excellence.

If you return to Auckland City my team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel.