“Niece's 16th Birthday Celebration at Skycity !!”
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Hi there, i thought to share my wonderful experience i recieved from Skycity Hotel during my stay there on the 22nd December 2013. The customer experience and the quality of the service was second to none !! thanks to the Duty Manager on the nite Karan Singh who made our stay there extra special and memorable. He went out of his way to give us the ever lasting memory of my nieces 16th birthday. The room service the special cake made to order expecially for my niece.. thank you Skycity.. looking forward to stay again soon :D

A very happy customer - Nisha :)

Room Tip: have a chat to the friendly staff, they should be able to guide you in room selection best suited fo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Neha96
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Neha96,

Firstly, Happy 16th Birthday to your niece.

I am delighted to read Karan and my team assisted in making your niece’s birthday special. I believe it is the little touches that make the difference between a good stay and an exceptional stay and here at SKYCITY we strive for excellence. I was thrilled to share your comments with my team.

If you return to Auckland City my team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Many thanks,
Admir

Write a ReviewReviews (1,980)

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Having done budget for most of my trip, for a little more I booked SkyCity and wasn't disappointed. Very well appointed room, enormous bed and television. Unusually for New Zealand, free Internet as well, which was much appreciated. Great location for the top end of town and, of course, the casino.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim R

Dear Tim R,

My team and I hope you had a great trip in New Zealand and you have returned safely to the UK. We were delighted you selected to stay at SKYCITY Hotel and would look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Auckland City.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Stayed here on Xmas day 2012 and were very happy, very quick check in process, tidy room, does not have a view but its right in the middle of the city and only a 7 storey hotel so cant expect much. However felt like we were living in the heart of the city and were very happy with it. Stayed at Rydges as well and would definitely pick this one for the next holiday. Staff were friendly, concierge were always smiling and were also offered discount passes for SkyTower and some Casino Chips. (no complaints) :)

1  Thank Aj_Bhatt

Dear Aj_Bhatt,

Thank you for posting your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Please note SKYCITY Hotel has a selection of harbour facing rooms. Should you wish to book this room type on a future visit please mention your room preference at the time of booking or upon arrival (subject to availability, different rates apply)

I am delighted to read you found the team “friendly and smiley”. I believe great customer service makes the difference between a good stay and an exceptional stay. Here at SKYCITY we always strive for excellence.

My team and I wish you a safe return to Melbourne and hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel shortly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2013

3rd stay at Skycity. Stayed on 21.12.12 for 1night before trip to Wellington. Rooms are very good and quiet. Beds comfy and everything spotlessly clean. Staff are always very helpful when we ask advise. Had snack in Casino which was infact very good. Looking forward to return visit on 20.1.13 for 4 nights and our meal at the top of the Skytower. Have eaten there on 4 other trips to Auckland and always go up to revolving restaurant for our last meal in New Zealand. Fantastic food up there and the most amazing view over Auckland.
Keep up the good work Skycity.

Room Tip: We had room on the 4th floor over looking a Court Yard. Perfectly good. Slight noise from hallway Ai...
1  Thank OxfordKathieT

Dear OxfordKathieT,

Our team are proud of SKYCITY Hotel and Auckland City and enjoy having the opportunity to provide recommendations on must see attractions within Auckland and SKYCITY. Should you require any advice prior to your 4 night stay on the 20th of January please do not hesitate to contact hotel.concierge@skycity.co.nz

Orbit provides a truly unique experience and amazing 360-degree views of Auckland City.

Please contact me directly, if you would like a booking made at Orbit on Thursday, 24 January.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel at the end of this month.

Best,

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Three nights here and you have to get used to the noise and nonsense associated with the gamblers and tour groups. Just too busy unless your tucked away in the room. Music from the casino was very loud and for non-gamblers very annoying.

Location is okay but there are some pretty seedy places nearby.

They missed the only real opportunity to provide proper service when they didn't follow-through on our request for a wake up call at 5:15am to catch an international flight - front desk simply said "well it was in the book!" and needed to be prompted for an apology.

Had a meal at the Grand Hotel next door (The Grill) - good food and service but way overpriced.

Cheaper restaurant in the actual hotel (main floor) had lousy service (lots of young and inexperienced staff) and the food was not very good. They only seemed concerned about putting as many people through as they could.

2  Thank Mike P

Dear Mike P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I appreciate receiving all guest feedback as it allows us to identify areas for improvement to ensure we provide an exceptional guest experience to all. Following your feedback regarding the missed wake-up call I have used your comments as a coaching tool with our team to ensure your experience is not repeated. I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. Please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in at SKYCITY Hotel.

Should you wish to discuss your visit in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Second time staying here and enjoying every minute. first time stayed for my birthday last year and this year staying for my 9th wedding anniversary as well as xmas & new years. I found the concierge David Tabor extremely helpful during my stay and has kept me POSITVE during this trip...Also the receptionist Sandra that under extreme difficulty is trying very hard to get my new years eve dinner booking sorted, after i have been waiting a week for a confimation..unfortunately couldnt remeber the first receptionist i spoke with..but think POSITIVE as David says...room is just what i wanted as it keeps the family sane and i get a much needed break...
Downside would be that i am staying 15 days and havent recieved any incentive to keep my stay(was suppose to be 20 days), the housekeeping is kinda strange where one day they are fantastic and then their standard drops, not sure whats going on there...hopefully new years 2013 turns out great...

Room Tip: if you smoke, ask for a courtyard access room, so much easier than walking from your room or using t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NTTK1
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear NTTK1,

Belated happy 9th wedding anniversary, I hope you and your family have returned safely to the Cook Islands. I was thrilled to read your wonderful comments regarding David and Sandra. I will be delighted to share your feedback with David, Sandra and the rest of our team.

Thank you for your room tip. Courtyard rooms prove very popular with guests who require easily access to our outdoor area. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish for your guest profile to be updated with your room type preference.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland City.

Best,
admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Sky City has the right mix of location, pricing and tasteful, clean amenities. Well done SkyCity team - you are doing (a) the city and (b) NZ proud. For last minute bookings, something spontaneous and most assuredly, discrete. There's also a decent casino up top!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Norheim R

Dear Norheim R,

I hope you had an enjoyable time in Auckland and have returned safely to Sydney.

Thank you for reviewing your experience at SKYCITY hotel on TripAdvisor. Please keep an eye on our website for our latest package options which offer exceptional value for money in addition to a taste of some of the best experiences SKYCITY has to offer.

Many thanks,