“Nice atmosphere”

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed one Saturday night with children aged 3 & 5. The atmosphere downstairs was bustling, and yet our room on the 2nd floor felt like a world away. It was oddly quiet despite the activity a couple floors down and the rooms are spacious, clean and modern. Giapo on Queen St makes for a tasty late night treat, and watching the nearby vertical bungee thingee entertained the kids. The staff were friendly and efficient, and by AKL standards overnight parking of $20 was reasonable too. Easy hassle free stay here, I do recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank wonderwander26
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Wonderwander26

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. My team and I look forward to having you and your family stay with us in the near future.

Admir

Write a ReviewReviews (1,986)

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Arrived at Sky City hotel on New Years Eve after along flight from Hong Kong.Room was really good with a very big bed,great bathroom and everything very clean.Friendly helpful staff,good location.We enjoyed the fireworks on top of the tower.Would stay here again.

2  Thank gaynorstratton

Dear Gaynorstratton,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you were in a prime position to enjoy the fireworks on New Year’s Eve. Should you return to Auckland City my team and I would look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Admir

Reviewed 5 February 2013

This was a repeat stay for us at the Skycity Hotel for my wife and myself.

All the service staff we communicated with offered exceptional service.

The room we were allocated ( H1 115 ) was an upgrade to a junior suite from our original single room booking ( that was great - thanx ! ).

The room was exceptionally quiet and had a ginormous bathroom.

The rooms atmosphere was very conducive to enjoying great rest and relaxation.

The buffet breakfast was laid out and cooked to a superb high quality.

However the restaurant staff were NOT very helpful and extremely slow to replenish the breakfast buffet when depleted.

We would definately book and choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Discard A

I appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay in our Premium Suite.

The team and I wish you a safe return journey to Bangkok and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best,

Reviewed 31 January 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Skycity Hotel!
Fantastic sized room with two queen sized beds.
Good sized bathroom.
Friendly helpful staff.
Close to shops, transport and harbour.
Supermarkets are close by (was good to get a few snacks and breakfast supplies so we could feed our young children when they awoke at the crack of dawn!)
Kids pack on arrival.
iSite on site for information about attractions.
High standard of presentation and cleanliness.
I personally liked the busy atmosphere, it was a positive, upbeat environment and lobby!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the valet parking. At $35 a day, I think it's cheaper than parking on the roa...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Childrens_Guide
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear Mrs Begg,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel. I was thrilled to read your positive comments.

Please keep an eye on our website for accommodation package options many of which include valet parking.

My team and I wish you and your family a safe return journey to Nelson and look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Sky City hotel is located in the center. The hotel is located on top of a casino, restaurants and multilevel parking. From the building there is an entrance to Sky Tower, which according to the guidebooks is the tallest structure in southern hemisphere. Hotel guests get a discount to visit the tower and $20/pp free chips for the casino.
Our room was on the 4th floor. The room was large, with a king size bed, a table, and a couch. There was a flat screen TV, hair dryer, mini fridge with drinks, and coffee maker in the room. Bathroom was nice size and clean. We would stay there again. The room has an air conditioner. The hotel has sprinklers. The lighting in the room was quit dim. It was hard to read in bed. But the table lamp was good.
We would also consider the Grand Hotel, which is also part of the center, but is across the street, does not have a casino and looked much quieter.

Room Tip: There is a discount for Sky Tower for hotel guests
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yk2100

Dear yk2100,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

At 328 metres, the Sky Tower is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and is certainly an iconic feature of Auckland’s Skyline. On your next visit to the Sky Tower I recommend you explore Auckland’s landscape with the new Eye in the Sky technology. Using a 42 inch touch screen panel you can view Auckland using the latest technology.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed here from 16/01/2013 for 5 nights. When we arr it was my birthday & there was a plate of chocolates & birthday card in the room for me. It's a great location only 5 mins to Queen st which is the main shopping st in the city.Its also only a 15 min walk to the viaduct harbour. We had breakfast in the Fortunata Restaurant which has the normal buffet breakfast which was more than adequate.

1  Thank wishingPerth

Dear WishingPerth,

Happy belated birthday. I am delighted to read our team assisted in making your birthday special. SKYCITY is located in the heart of Auckland City and is the perfect base to explore Auckland’s many attractions. Please do not hesitate to contact our Concierge if you would like recommendations on where to spend your time during your stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland City.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was our first trip to NZ and the first place we stayed. At first sight it appears incredibly busy but a lot of the activity relates to the casino part of the hotel. The staff were very helpful and we were taken to our room on the fourth floor. We had a great view of the harbour and the room was spacious, clean and tidy. The harbour is a 10 min walk away and of course the tower itself, with its amazing views, is on the doorstep. We had a good stay and would recommend the hotel. As we didn't use the casino we found it a slight irritation but this did not detract from our visit.

Room Tip: Insist on a high room with harbour view
1  Thank DavidH118WH

Dear DavidH118WH,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I hope you had an enjoyable first visit to New Zealand.

I was thrilled to read your comments regarding our friendly team. My team and I are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and enjoy and celebrate receiving positive feedback such as your review.

My team and I wish you a safe return to London.

Best,