“Great Night Out”

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very comfortable stay and you are in the heart of Auckland city not to mention the casino which is a bonus. Altoghether really nice place and will stay again. Also is great as a place to use as your hub for all your auckland adventures!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dannygrohl
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Dannygrohol,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. SKYCITY is located in the heart of Auckland City and is fortunate to be situated close to many of Auckland’s main tourist attractions. On your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel I welcome you to contact a member of our concierge team who will happily recommend exciting and novel ways to explore the City you live in.

The team and I look forward to your next stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

There are newer reviews for SKYCITY Hotel

Reviewed 6 June 2013

My first experience was a dirty towel off the rack when I entered my room after waiting for ages at the reception desk which was only manned by one person. The room was very clean, quiet, and big enough. The TV reception was poor which was the norm after talking to some other guests. The breakfast was poor, I found there were plenty of small eateries with in ten minutes walk that were half the price and the food was fresh. I stayed in this hotel with someone who stayed in the hotel next door the Grand last year as said the Grand was much better. So if going to Auckland for a conference in Skycity pick the Grand. There is a casino in Skycity which was grotty and in need of some TLC. I had a massage in the Grand it was expensive but worth every penny

Room Tip: Pick the Grand, have a massage
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Hollowaychris8,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully review the points you have raised.

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Hotel was well above expectations. Very central and easy walking distance to harbour. Stayed 2 nights and a 3rd night free. Skytower was excellent...thanks for the 2 for 1 ticket. Plenty choices for food in and close to the hotel.
We had a great long weekend and highly recommend the accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Andrew W
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor recommendation. I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable three night stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

The team and I hope you have returned safely to Christchurch and look forward to your next visit.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is great if you want to visit the Auckland CBD. Staff are very helpful and rooms are clean and tidy. Heaps of places to eat around here so perfect for a weekend away with your partner.
If you go make sure you stop by the casino bar and have a French vanilla martini - so yummy

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear 10AKA,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

On your next stay at SKYCITY Hotel I welcome you to contact our Concierge team who will happily recommend restaurants at SKYCITY which best suit your tastes. With over 25 restaurants and bars to select from making a decision can sometimes prove challenging.

The team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel for another weekend break. Please keep an eye on our website and facebook page for our latest package offerings.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in March 2013. Bed and breakfast package was exceptional value. Breakfast in Fortuna was very good value with an excellent choice. We also ate at Rebo on the lobby level and the big breakfast was big enough for two; the mushrooms and cheese on toast was also very good.
The bedroom was large and well equipped; reliable and fast internet.
Reception was always busy but quick, helpful and friendly. Overall, service was first rate, concierges were helpful and it was no bother for them to hold our luggage for us and take them to our car.
Hotel lobby was always bustling and busy with guests and casino goers.
Dinner at the Orbit restaurant was also excellent - good food, excellent views and superb service, really good value.
Just a couple of blocks from Queen Street; 10 minutes walk to the waterfront;
No complaints or criticisms.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rascaloidus

Dear Rascaloidus,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read you wonderful comments. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with my team.

I hope you have returned safely to Canada.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed in town as we had a party at the Sky City Grand. Check in was a breeze and all the staff are very helpful. Rooms are nice a spacious and bed are really comfortable. We had breakfast included, however we got there around 9:30am and lot of the buffet was empty. Also we got to our room 10:02am and our room key wouldn't open the doors, looks like after 10am (check out time) it stop which we thought was really inconvenient as we just wanted to grab our stuff to check out. Overall a good night thou

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear PumpAuckland,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor post. I am pleased to read you had a “good stay”

I would appreciate the opportunity to follow up on the challenges you experienced with your room key. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully review.

Tracey.walsh@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Family gathered at Sky City Hotel for a family Birthday celebration.. My husband and I stayed 2 nights.. Check in was quick and staff very competent. I had forgotten to ask when making original booking if shower was cubicle or over bath so had been allocated a room with over bath shower.. As my husband has a disability, this was changed to a very spacious wet floor unit. No fuss. Room was big and comfortable, bed huge. Loved it.
Now for the odd complaint. Friday, dinner at Casino floor buffet was not good! Meals were varied but dished on cold plates, vege cold, plate drowned in gravy even after being asked if I wanted it, yes but only a tablespoon full.!!. Not somewhere i wld advise eating.. Very loud music piped through the casino floor was a bit much, adding to the noise level of machines etc.. Even in the toilets!
Inconsistent aspects of bookings made by several members of our party. A deal with room and Breakfast had been arranged for family and friends from other parts of NZ and Aussie... There were several times that the original staff member was not available to answer enquiries and booking info not found etc. This was annoying and my Son and Daughter-in -law had to repeat their details and go through the bookings etc again..
Personally, when my husband and I booked out, we were charged different rate to the original, which thankfully I had a printout to produce. The Staff Member i had dealt with had emailed confirmation of our booking so I was so pleased that I remembered to put that in my purse,, just in case!
Other than that, we had a beautiful birthday celebration in the Fortuna Buffet. Cannot fault the meal or selection of food available. Everyone in our party really enjoyed our time there and some of us " Young Ones " went dancing after at Bar Twentyone, and other bar or two before the night ended.
Breakfast at Fortuna was excellent as well so no complaints there..
In all, We did enjoy our stay and certainly would go back. The city at your doorstep, and feeling of safety in the area was a plus.

Room Tip: If with children, ask about the suites with separate lounge as these are big and with room to move..
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sharon J,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor post. The team and I were pleased you and your family chose to celebrate your special occasion with us.

SKYCITY Hotel has a range of room types available. Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will update your guest profile with your room type preference. On future visits (subject to availability) this is the room type you will be allocated.

I was disappointed to read of the challenges your party experienced in making your booking. Please be assured this is not the high level of service the team and I take pride in. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully review.

I hope to hear from you shortly.

tracey.walsh@skycity.co.nz