“Downtown Auckland”

GreenLeadersGold level
Viborg, Denmark
“Downtown Auckland”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Super location , just near the SKY Tower very Big and exclusive Casino aktivities .
Good Restaurents inside but also super Seafood bars and Restaurents just upposit the hotel.
Just one street down plenty of japanies and chinese food . Both take away and sitting possibilities. Queens street the main street just 3 blocks down the hill . And turn left you will be
At the cosy Waterfront in 15 min. Unless you drop in the many stores, and small luxury affairs.
Place to stay for several days .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed in a renovated Deluxe King Room for 2 nights mid week. Very nice rooms with excellent bathrooms. They removed the bath so a large walk in shower makes life easy in the morning. The bathrooms are very bright and modern and reflect that they thought through the renovations very well. The rooms have had a lick of paint and are quite modern. My mattress was a bit ordinary and on telling the hotel in a questionnaire was contacted almost immediately by the rooms manager who was going to look into it so cant complain about the responsiveness. In fact no complaints at all about the hotel - check in and out was swift and courteous, lots of choices for food and drink, quiet room - a good option for the city

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear StuckinBangers,

Thank you for your positive review of SKYCITY Hotel. We hope you have returned safely to Hong Kong.

We have 124 Deluxe king/twin hotel rooms across our property, featuring newly refurbished designer bathrooms, fitted with European tap ware and walk-in rain showers. My team and I are extremely proud of these rooms and are delighted with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Many thanks,
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed here for a night on business. check in was good (particualrly as it was after 11pm by the time I got there). Room was comfortable 9nothing out of the world, but nothing to moan about). My only negative comment would be the number of heavily intoxicated people floating around the corridors. I guess you have to expect that on the Thursday night at a casion hotel. Left early the next morning, so didnt experience much else than a sleep, shower and a quick cup of tea.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mmmmmm345
Dear Mmmmmm345,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

Rest assured, the security of our guests at SKYCITY Hotel is taken very seriously. Please do not hesitate to contact our Hotel reception or any member of staff, to advise of any uncomfortable situation, such as that you experienced. We will take the necessary precautions to ensure all guests are comfortable and safe.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

During our five-week vacation overseas at six different destinations, this was the nicest hotel we stayed at.

You cannot beat the location right downtown, and so close to many attractions. The hotel impresses the moment you walk into the large lobby. I also liked the outdoor atrium area in the middle that you access at a higher floor (I cannot remember which floor it is). This was a great spot to smoke a cigar since there are no room balconies.

There are also a couple of computer terminals with internet access free for you to use – something I happened upon by accident (it is not in the lobby, but on one of the floors – just ask front desk).

The only reason I did not give this a perfect score was because of an incident one day with maid service. For some reason our room got missed while we were out all day. Subsequently, I had to spend about an hour of my evening resolving this issue at front desk. This involved waiting in line, and waiting for them to follow-up. I was surprised at how long it took them to organize service, and for them to let me know what’s happening. I waited in the seats in front of front desk. They said they would let me know when it’s resolved, and yet I had to inquire again later only to find out they had already sent somebody to clean the room.

Annoyed at the whole experience, I expected them to compensate me in some way for the inconvenience. This was not offered, and I had to ask for it. What I got was a free breakfast buffet voucher for two people, which was fine.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear product_of _canada,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I hope you have returned safely to Canada and enjoyed your visit to New Zealand.

I am thrilled you were impressed with our wide range of facilities and central location. We do offer a number of hotel rooms with courtyard access in place of balconies, which are available on request.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you had with your rooms day-service being overlooked, however, I am pleased you were compensated for your troubles. Exceptional customer service is of paramount importance to us and I am disappointed this was not demonstrated to you. I welcome you to contact me with your details to discuss this further.

ida.uea@skycity.co.nz
London
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My girlfriend and I needed to stay one night in Auckland having just arrived after a very long flight from the UK. We arrived far too early for normal check-in but the hotel found us a room quickly, and all the staff were extremely well trained, helpful, and friendly. We needed to hire a car, and I asked for local advice, at which point the entire process was arranged on my behalf by the hotel staff - I merely needed to sign the paperwork when the car was delivered to the door. Our room was ultra modern, clean, and well appointed with power sockets and a very good entertainment system. Sky City Hotel is in the heart of the city, close to everything, including many good restaurants. I would happily stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear worldcitizen999,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel. The team and I hope you have returned safely to London.

We have some wonderful packages available at SKYCITY Hotel which allows you to experience some of the spectacular attractions we have to offer such as the SKYTOWER, Orbit and much more. Feel free to visit our website before your next visit which lists current promotions and packages available.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Where else but in skycity NZ does the concierge give you a kiss goodbye and nest time your over this way and staying in the hotel he will take us home to meet the family and have a feed lol. This hotel was truly an amazing experience. The staff just went so far out of their way to help...the rooms were out of this world. Big, beautiful, clean. There's even a balcony on the 3rd floor for smokers so they don't have to go down to the ground and outside, down the street and around the corner. The beds were HUGE and comfortable, clean and luxurious. The bathrooms were unbelievable. The casino was right there and so many places to get a feed from a toasted sandy right up to 5 stat dinning. There is such a huge price range, from the very affordable to the 'welcome to our hotel Mr President'.....I promise you WILL NOT be disappointed staying here. Oh and the valet parking was just wonderful, drive up to the doors, met by the concierge, give him your keys and off you go to your room without worrying about your car. Then when you want to go for a tiki tour you just present your ticket and your off again. I just cannot rave about this hotel enough. I will definitely be staying here every time I visit NZ. Loved every second of it.

I can't say anything bad about this hotel, the only thing that I found a little bit embarrassing was the rooms were not very sound proof so when you are walking up the corridor to get to your room you can hear EVERYTHING going on in the room you pass.....which was a little embarrassing at times if you know what I mean....but that's only walking up the corridors....when your in your room you can't hear a thing.

My sister and I also enjoyed in room dining, food was exceptional, staff were amazing and price was really great.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the skycity grand hotel....so I can't really comment on rooms yet....b...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tracey,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I are thrilled you and your sister thoroughly enjoyed your stay and hope you have returned home safely.

On the first floor of our hotel we offer a number of rooms with direct courtyard access, making it easy to pop out into our open courtyard area as an alternative to leaving the hotel floors. These are available on request.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the near future for another truly amazing experience.

Best wishes,
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

The rooms are fine, although a couple of niggles stick with me: rainfall shower head could not be activated (lever wouldn't lock into place) and there was a lot of noise from outside. The building across the road had a fire alarm/evacuation and it could be heard very clearly in my room (woke me up!). The biggest worry, however, was when I opened my curtains at 9am, there was a man in a harness hanging outside my window! Thankfully I was suitably attired. I reported thus to staff upon checkout and it appeared they were as surprised as I was. There had been no warning that any exterior work was being done. This event soured my overall impression of the hotel. But free wifi was a bonus.

• Stayed August 2013
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Lily,

Thank you for your feedback via TripAdvisor.

We review our feedback daily and constantly look at ways of exceeding our guests expectations. It is with feedback like yours we can review our service delivery and refine it.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience with the external window cleaning you had during your stay. Rest assured this work was carried out earlier than we allow and the appropriate follow up has taken place to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Please contact me directly with your details to allow us to investigate this fully and respond to the points raised.

ida.uea@skycity.co.nz