“Great Location”

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We can highly recommend this hotel for its service and brilliant location , Stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed most of the facilities but mainly used it for a base to do sightseeing around the lovely city and surrounds ,Probably not suited to very elderly people as a base for walking sightseeing due to the slope of the location but a taxi to the harbour would fix that from there on its fairly flat [taxi would be really cheap as its only down the hill]

Room Tip: Get as high up as possible overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Smirfyboy,

Thank you for your positive review of SKYCITY Hotel.

Our helpful Concierge team will gladly arrange any transport requirements, from Airport transfers to advising best options to get around the CBD. The local Link buses make regular stops just outside our property and run between most areas of the city centre and inner suburbs for less than $2 per ride.

Keep up to date with our Facebook page for our latest promotions and offers. We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.

Many thanks,

There are newer reviews for SKYCITY Hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is located in the centre of the city so close to shops and restaurants. Great entertainment with casino, bars, restaurants and observation deck on site.
Big underground car park that is well priced if you validate your ticket at hotel reception.

Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Shaunjnz,

Thank you for your positive review of SKYCITY Hotel.

As an alternative to self-parking, we also offer a very convenient Valet parking service for a small fee. Our brilliant Concierge team will take the hassle out of parking and have your car ready at the hotel entrance whenever you may need it.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The name looks good, the location looks good, however, I was very much disappointed comparing with the experience I have had in other hotels of other cities in other countries. The quality of the room and the service does not match what is introduced on the web. The price is a bit too expensive. You did not get what you paid. I will try other hotels for my next visits.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Norman,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor post.

SKYCITY Hotel offers dynamic pricing and is always competitive in charging the market rate, this means that some days of the week we will have lower prices and other days the price may be higher. Please rest assured, SKYCITY Hotel offers best available rates.

I welcome you to contact me to discuss your experience in further detail.

ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Super location , just near the SKY Tower very Big and exclusive Casino aktivities .
Good Restaurents inside but also super Seafood bars and Restaurents just upposit the hotel.
Just one street down plenty of japanies and chinese food . Both take away and sitting possibilities. Queens street the main street just 3 blocks down the hill . And turn left you will be
At the cosy Waterfront in 15 min. Unless you drop in the many stores, and small luxury affairs.
Place to stay for several days .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed in a renovated Deluxe King Room for 2 nights mid week. Very nice rooms with excellent bathrooms. They removed the bath so a large walk in shower makes life easy in the morning. The bathrooms are very bright and modern and reflect that they thought through the renovations very well. The rooms have had a lick of paint and are quite modern. My mattress was a bit ordinary and on telling the hotel in a questionnaire was contacted almost immediately by the rooms manager who was going to look into it so cant complain about the responsiveness. In fact no complaints at all about the hotel - check in and out was swift and courteous, lots of choices for food and drink, quiet room - a good option for the city

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear StuckinBangers,

Thank you for your positive review of SKYCITY Hotel. We hope you have returned safely to Hong Kong.

We have 124 Deluxe king/twin hotel rooms across our property, featuring newly refurbished designer bathrooms, fitted with European tap ware and walk-in rain showers. My team and I are extremely proud of these rooms and are delighted with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed here for a night on business. check in was good (particualrly as it was after 11pm by the time I got there). Room was comfortable 9nothing out of the world, but nothing to moan about). My only negative comment would be the number of heavily intoxicated people floating around the corridors. I guess you have to expect that on the Thursday night at a casion hotel. Left early the next morning, so didnt experience much else than a sleep, shower and a quick cup of tea.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mmmmmm345

Dear Mmmmmm345,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

Rest assured, the security of our guests at SKYCITY Hotel is taken very seriously. Please do not hesitate to contact our Hotel reception or any member of staff, to advise of any uncomfortable situation, such as that you experienced. We will take the necessary precautions to ensure all guests are comfortable and safe.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

During our five-week vacation overseas at six different destinations, this was the nicest hotel we stayed at.

You cannot beat the location right downtown, and so close to many attractions. The hotel impresses the moment you walk into the large lobby. I also liked the outdoor atrium area in the middle that you access at a higher floor (I cannot remember which floor it is). This was a great spot to smoke a cigar since there are no room balconies.

There are also a couple of computer terminals with internet access free for you to use – something I happened upon by accident (it is not in the lobby, but on one of the floors – just ask front desk).

The only reason I did not give this a perfect score was because of an incident one day with maid service. For some reason our room got missed while we were out all day. Subsequently, I had to spend about an hour of my evening resolving this issue at front desk. This involved waiting in line, and waiting for them to follow-up. I was surprised at how long it took them to organize service, and for them to let me know what’s happening. I waited in the seats in front of front desk. They said they would let me know when it’s resolved, and yet I had to inquire again later only to find out they had already sent somebody to clean the room.

Annoyed at the whole experience, I expected them to compensate me in some way for the inconvenience. This was not offered, and I had to ask for it. What I got was a free breakfast buffet voucher for two people, which was fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear product_of _canada,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I hope you have returned safely to Canada and enjoyed your visit to New Zealand.

I am thrilled you were impressed with our wide range of facilities and central location. We do offer a number of hotel rooms with courtyard access in place of balconies, which are available on request.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you had with your rooms day-service being overlooked, however, I am pleased you were compensated for your troubles. Exceptional customer service is of paramount importance to us and I am disappointed this was not demonstrated to you. I welcome you to contact me with your details to discuss this further.

ida.uea@skycity.co.nz