“SKYCITY ROCKS!!!”

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 September 2013

"Sky City Rocks!" has been the lasting impression from friends and family who have enjoyed breakfast, lunch, weekend stays and much more. The overall experience allowed a birthday bash take off without a hitch, a girls weekend to mark the beginning of many more to come, and an experience with family and friends that is forever priceless! The packages on offer allow for a great time at a reasonable price.

From the moment we stepped in - the valet attendants were on hand, reception staff quick and helpful, room service/cleaning superb, and the rooms more than catered to our needs. We requested for courtyard side rooms for easy access for smokers, and they obliged. Valet parking was on time all the time, and the selection of restaurants, bars and casino were wide in variety. I highly recommend a trip to Sky City whether for a weekend with friends, family lunch to celebrate an occasion, or just a whimsical opportunity to treat yourself.

Room Tip: Rooms beside the courtyard allowed for an opportunity to enjoy the night sky & views of the Sky...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear elegantprincess,

Thank you for your brilliant recommendation on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled your birthday celebration was an absolute success.

Our packages offer exceptional value for money and the opportunity to sample some of the best experiences SKYCITY has to offer, keep an eye on our website and facebook page for our latest offers.

Here at SKYCITY Hotel we also offer interconnecting rooms (between a suite and twin/king room) which are a great option for families, providing extra space and various bedding configurations. These are available upon request with the appropriate room type reservations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the near future.

Many thanks,
Ida

Write a ReviewReviews (2,057)

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight on our wedding anniversary and it was worth it..very accomodating staff we purchased the las vegas package, he helped us get a king bed as when we booked two double beds are only available..
Room was superb! Very clean and very contemporary..we enjoyed the free $75 chip in the casino...highlight was the fortuna buffet breakfast was really yummm and would love to go back again..free wifi as included on the package plus we even had a bonus late checkout we just tried ringing and said its ok to check out at 12..thanks for the lovely service me and my hubby enjoyed this experience..god bless

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Lovetravellove,

Congratulations on your special occasion. My team and I are thrilled you celebrated your anniversary here at SKYCITY and had a wonderful stay. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

Please keep an eye on our website and facebook page for our latest updates across the property. With new bars and restaurants opening soon, such as MASU, an exciting Japanese themed “Robata” restaurant on Federal street, SKYCITY has something for everybody.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stay in hotels, especially in Auckland, a lot. It was my birthday so decided to book a night in central Auckland near the restaurant I had booked to take my friends out to dinner to celebrate with me.
We had stayed here before and found it fantastic but had an issue with noise from the street, which I happened to mention in my hotel survey. The response was phenomenal.. we were instantly offered an upgrade on our next stay. So I booked for my family (2 Adults & 2 children) and we were put into a suite (on the Hobson Street side which was very quiet) and then given free breakfast for the 4 of us since it was my 'special' birthday. The customer service when dealing with the hotel was above and beyond, it was by far the best service I have ever been given ( and I should know I worked in Customer Services as a Manager in the IT industry for years). Well done Skycity Hotel on exceeding all my expectations on every level.

The room was divine.... huge with 2 large comfy beds and large TV in one room, sliding door to a large lounge with another tv, couch, chairs etc, stereo and mini bar. Leading from one side of this huge room to the other was separate shower, toilet and bath. Every need was catered for right down to the plush bathrobes and slippers.

The service was fabulous and oh so friendly. The breakfast was extensive and of a very good standard in a lovely environment with a view over the city.

We even left $250 up from a dabble in the casino.. it was my best birthday ever. Thank you Skycity - we will be back as soon as I can think of a good reason.

Room Tip: The suites are huge and fabulous... Hobson Street side was quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Anna,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor. My team and I are thrilled you enjoyed your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights while attending a conference. The room cost was the best I could find in the immediate area, (bonus internal access to the convention center) but didn't include breakfast. I discovered that the hotel buffet breakfasts are really expensive $20-35, so best to use local cafes, skip breakfast, or find another hotel that includes it in the rate.

The room was spotless and facilities good. Check-in was friendly and helpful.

Not so good was TV remote that was faulty (volume down button not working), huge background hammering noise from renovation work on the floor above in late afternoons mostly (could not converse).

Next time, considering the price, I would consider looking elsewhere..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Wal,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

SKYCITY Hotel offers dynamic pricing and is always competitive in charging guests the market rate, this means that some days of the week we will have lower prices and other days the price may be higher. Please rest assured SKYCITY Hotel offers the best available rates.

Similar to most hotels, we offer a room only rate and a range of package rates such as bed & breakfast. It appears on this occasion you have reserved a room only rate where breakfast is at an additional cost. Here at SKYCITY we are fortunate in being able to offer our guests a range of breakfast options across our property from buffet to À la carte dining to suite all tastes and budgets.

I welcome you to contact me directly to discuss your stay in further details.

ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed one night on a package deal. The reception staff were extremely accommodating and went out of their way to make sure we were happy.
The staff at the concierge desk were also very pleasant and courteous.
Our room was upgraded to a suite, and was immaculate.
If we ever visit New Zealand again, I would definitely choose Sky City.

Thanks again Ida for all your assistance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue B
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your positive review of SKYCITY Hotel. I trust you have returned safely to Melbourne and have some wonderful memories of your visit to New Zealand.

Here at SKYCITY Hotel we strive to provide an exceptional customer experience and I am pleased this is exactly what you received. The team and myself are thrilled to receive your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you return to New Zealand.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Had 1st stay in hotel for 3 nights, business trip, room was very comfortable bed huge and had a good nights sleep which you dont always get in hotels for some strange reason the area is quiet yet central to shops and harbour, staff very friendly, one special mention Ida Uea duty manager, thanks for the apology re room booked (harbour view) not available on time but got a good room and a nice thought of a couple of beers and ticket to sky tower which i thought was really well done not all hotels are this thoughtful will be back!

Room Tip: ask for that harbour view its just that tad better as you wake up and open the curtains
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Roy,

I am delighted you enjoyed your first visit to SKYCITY Hotel and thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you enjoyed the amenities and again I apologise for the room type confusion.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me prior to your next visit so I can arrange that Harbour View room.

ida.uea@skycity.co.nz
DD: 093636400

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed at Sky City at the end of August, and got the 'Do Not Disturb' package which was awesome. My husband and I were upgraded to a Suite as out room wasn't ready, which was fantastic, and a great thing for Sky City to do to get business. The room was amazing, modern and stylish, with views of the city and harbour. It was huge too! The shower was amazing, so were the black-out curtains, great for a nice sleep in! We ordered room service for luch and it was great. Highly recommend getting room service. We had room service breakfast as well, and it was just as good. Nice staff and very efficient too. The hand made soaps were lovely as were the chocolates that came with the package. The champagne not so nice. It was great to be able to go to the casino, out for dinner and too several bars all within short walking distance. The valet parking service was fantastic too. A great experience, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 83_Gem_

Dear Jackkity,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

My team and I are thrilled you enjoyed our very popular ‘Do Not Disturb’ package with a suite upgrade. Perhaps for a future visit you will be interested in our ‘City Experience Package’, featuring dinner for two in our wonderful Orbit restaurant, valet parking, bubbly & chocolate platter on arrival, buffet breakfast for two and a 1pm late departure. Our full range of Hotel packages and promotions are available to book via our website. http://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/hotels/skycity-hotel/packages/

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.