“Super service and exciting stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
Hastings, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
“Super service and exciting stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I wasn't expecting much for some reason, but was pleasantly surprised. Staff were very helpful to rectify the fact that I booked the wrong package deal without costing me much extra, I got breakfast included in my package and they didn't charge any extra for my two children and even got parking for free. I was stoked and definitely will come back and recommend to my friends and family. The bonus was that the kids thought it was SO very cool, they loved the sky tower, I got a big relaxing bath and the bed was super comfortable. Thanks for an awesome stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Jody,

I am delighted our team were able to assist you in correcting your accommodation package to ensure your visit to SKYCITY was an excellent experience.

At 328 metres high, the SKYTOWER is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and offers spectacular views of Auckland for up to 80km’s in every direction. I am pleased your children had a memorable experience and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Many thanks,
Ida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Really loved the Skycity, was thinking about booking the grand hotel but definetly glad we didn't now as I dont think I would be able to justify the extra money as the normal skycity is like a 5 star hotel anyway. Love the location, close to everything and it was great to be able to choose from so many restaurants and cafes not only within the centre but nearby, Loved the Free wifi and was quite fast, Please keep the free wifi!!! The bathroom was quite modern and nice and beds were comfortable. Thanks for a great stay Skycity.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Nick,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. My team and I are thrilled your expectations of SKYCITY Hotel were met, if not exceeded.

Our complimentary Wi-fi has proved very popular with our guests since it was implemented earlier this year. I am pleased to confirm this service will remain free of charge for the foreseeable future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.

Buderim, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed the 1st night and last night of holiday. As you would expect it was very good and the staff helpful. As we fly out at 6.30 pm we asked to leave car in secure parking and baggage in storage. We came back at 2.30 pm and picked up car - saved having to find somewhere to park while we were looking around Auckland

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I trust you have returned safely to Australia.

I am pleased you took advantage of our discounted parking, allowing you to explore the city after checking out of the hotel.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel is very well located for all activities in Auckland. The rooms are in excellent condition with full facilities, including free wifi. Having a casino on the premises is, of course, a great attraction for gamblers but it tended to make the hotel entry continually busy. It was often a challenge getting in and out because of the crowds of people. The foyer area is not relaxing. Service is passable but the staff seemed to be a bit stressed most of the time and somewhat impatient. The main disappointment was the breakfast. It is expensive but the quality is poor. Little in the way of fresh fruit, coffee out of a machine and no one to poach an egg or any other freshly cooked items. A lot of the food laid out seemed to be recycled from the previous day and looked dried up at the edges. Unsurprisingly, very few people seemed to take breakfast. This is not up the standard of a good quality hotel.

1 Thank Econjohn
Eugene
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

The rooms were big and very comfortable.The bed was extremely comfortable and so are the pillows. We had a OK view of the city. They had a small sofa in the room, nice TV and FREE WiFi, something you don't find too often. The bathroom was nice with a soaking tub and a separate shower. The Hotel is in a great location. It is easy to walk just about any place you want to. They were doing some remodeling and it was a bit noisy outside walking around. Food is close by and with anything else you might want. The staff were nice, but seemed a bit rushed.They did no clean the bathtub that I used--you could see a ring around it. I told the front desk about it and they did seem one bit concerned at all when I was checking out! I also found things on the floor, so they don't vacuum to good either. You must use your room key to get the elevator to take you up to your room, so have it available when you get into the elevator.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up might be better for a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Suzannesh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was disappointed to read about your experience with the cleanliness of your room. Please rest assured, this is not up to the high standard of service we pride ourselves on here at SKYCITY. I welcome you to contact me directly with details of your stay to allow me to investigate further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is the 2nd time i have stayed here, I love the size of the beds, 1 thing though is this website says that the amenities here include a swimming pool, shich unfortunately they do not. And I asked if we were allowed to use the grand hotel one and the answer was no.

The otehr thing my husband and I really enjoyed was the pay per view movies, as there was a movie we really wanted to see but was not at movies anymore...it turned out to be more fun watching it here than at the movies...

breakfast at fortuna was included and enjoyed this also.

I think next time I stay I would ask for a room on the 1st floor so that get a door to outside/balcony to enjoy.

Also shower could of been more powerful.

Dear Jacqui,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel.

I apologise for the confusion you experienced around swimming pool facilities here at SKYCITY. I have alerted our marketing department to look into this as I am unable to locate this information on our website.

However, I am pleased you enjoyed your second stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back. When making a future reservation, please request a ‘courtyard’ room so we can ensure you receive this room type as there are a limited number of courtyard rooms and are subject to availability. Alternatively, please feel free to contact me directly to assist in any way.

Many thanks,
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Not the best stay we have ever enjoyed staying at the Sky City hotel in Auckland. Check out girl was very 'stiff' and wore no smile! Our room ( 434 ) was right at the start of the corridoor from the lifts and was really noisy ALL NIGHT LONG with other passing guests talkign really loudly and young children running up and down whilst I guess their parents were in the casion!!! Would stya again BUT do request a room at the furthest end of the corriddor with no passing foot traffic!!!

Room Tip: Request a QUIET ROOM far away from the Elevators and foot traffic!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of SKYCITY Hotel. I trust you have returned safely to Thailand.

Here at SKYCITY, we have a very strict policy surrounding child supervision. In New Zealand it is law that children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult at all times. SKYCITY employees will report any unsupervised children to our security team who will take the necessary measures to ensure parents are located and the situation dealt with appropriately. SKYCITY takes incidents of this nature extremely seriously.

I welcome you to contact me directly to discuss your stay in detail and allow me to investigate further. Additionally, please feel free to contact me prior to your next stay, where I am confident we can meet, if not exceed your expectations.