“Great Value”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Had a lovely room at a very resonable price. Havnt stayed there for a while and it looked like rooms have been recently refurbished. Only issue; room was meant to be non smothing- difficult for hotel to contol but room definitly had a slight smell of smoke.
Great fun atmosphere at this hotel and I am not even a gambler.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dazza63_13
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Dazza63_13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent return to SKYCITY Hotel.

My team and I are very proud of our newly refurbished rooms and most recently, our new Deluxe rooms, which feature a designer bathroom with a walk-in rain head shower.

SKYCITY Hotel is a non-smoking hotel, and while every attempt is made to adhere to this, unfortunately, from time to time guests do smoke in the hotel. Strict cleaning fees are enforced as penalty to guests who do ignore our non-smoking policy. Please accept my apologies for your unfortunate experience and please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay further.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,
Hotel Administrator
ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed for 3 nights with my wife to play NZPT. Our room was a little dated, but comfortable enough for the price. The King bed was super comfortable and the room was nice and dark, allowing for a good sleep-in. There is no pool or spa, which is unusual for a $200/night hotel. The casino is just average, quite small and not all too fancy. They seem to pay special attention to the Chinese guest, with level 8 obviously aimed just for the chinese baccarat players. Hell, they even have a whole room dedicated to baccarat. The location was excellent though, just a short stroll from plenty of restaurants, and only a 10 minute walk down Queen St to the harbour precinct. I would stay again due to the value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Justin & Sylvia,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. We hope you have returned safely to Newcastle and enjoyed playing in the New Zealand Poker Tournament.

My team and I are pleased you found the bed to be super comfortable and enjoyed a sleep-in with the use of our ‘black out’ curtains, these have both proved very popular with our guests. However, I was disappointed we did not meet your expectations when it came to spa/pool facilities which unfortunately are no longer a part of our Hotel. Alternatively, our lovely 5star property, SKYCITY Grand Hotel, do offer such facilities and is also attached to the SKYCITY Complex.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY during your next visit to Auckland, New Zealand.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Friendly staff (they remember your face) & even cut me a deal on my extended parking.
Great location, easy to find when 'slightly' lost in town, just follow your way to the tower.
As Skycity is a destination in it's self, clients are often more than happy to meet me at the hotel.
The main public transport hub 'Britomart' is just down the road so is easy for everyone to get to.
Thoroughly recommend the 'Depot' restaurant next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a view. Maybe even an 'upgrade' if it's going.
Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Leigh,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. My team and I are pleased you had an exceptional experience here at SKYCITY Hotel. Our wonderful team will do their very best to ensure our guests have a seamless and enjoyable stay and I am thrilled you experienced this.

I am sure fellow travellers will appreciate your recommendation of ‘Depot’, the perfect place to drop in and refuel. It’s chef Al Brown’s place and reflects perfectly his attitude towards food: in season, beautifully cooked, to be enjoyed with friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Whangarei, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel is a wonderful place to stay. We arrived to our room being freshly cleaned when we arrived. The bed was brilliant, Huge, soft enough without being too soft. Great facilities. Nice sized bathroom with a fair amount of light. Awesome shower fixture in the roof. Easy access to and from the rooms and close to town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

My team and I are glad you enjoyed one of our new Deluxe bathrooms with a luxurious rain head shower.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel during your next visit to Auckland City.

Kind regards,
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Check in experience was seamless. Rooms nice and modern. Everything that you need is either in the complex or easily with in walking distance! Staff were all helpful. Defiantly one of my better 4 star experiences.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Alex,

Thank you for your wonderful post on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled our team and hotel met your expectations of a 4star property.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Many thanks,
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Spent only 1 night here at the start of a Down Under tour, the location made it easy to access the Sky Tower and walk to the waterfront. From there it's easy to catch a ferry to a variety of places on the North Island.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Bev,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I are pleased you had an enjoyable visit and look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Auckland, New Zealand.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

i went to sky city with the girls all 4 at that time lovely room but needed alot more shampoo and conditioner and lovely things beautiful desert from peter gordon good times when i say the girls i mean my girls ages 14 yrs to 4yrs

Room Tip: for a little more should have stayed at the grand
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear badgirlbubby,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you had an enjoyable visit to SKYCITY with your daughters.

I apologise for the fact you did not have enough bathroom amenities for you and your daughters. Our rooms are stocked with amenities for up to two people unless otherwise requested. Our staff will be more than happy to deliver extra amenities upon request.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.