SKYCITY Hotel
US$221
US$116
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$119
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$101
US$84
  • Breakfast included
US$198
US$147
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$91
US$78
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$191
US$166
2,093 results
All reviewssky city hotelfortuna restaurantbusy hotelfederal streetupgraded to a suitevalet parkingcentral locationnew zealandroom was largegreat roomthe heart of the citychecking outmini barstayed one nightbuffet breakfastqueen streetdicky
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

A very large "experience" hotel in Auckland, situated in the Sky Tower complex. We were given a very comfortable suite, with large sitting room and bathroom. Clean and quiet, great views, and very handy for the SkyTower (extra charges apply). The local area didn't seem too promising, but we found a decent Italian restaurant just a block away and it's ten minutes' walk to Viaduct Harbour.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear UKtraveller2014,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you were impressed with your SKYCITY Hotel suite and location.

Here at SKYCITY, with over 20 restaurants and bars, there is something to tempt every palette and budget without having to leave the complex. Whether you fancy chic and elegant dining or a full buffet, there is a restaurant or bar to suit every occasion at SKYCITY.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

It's been my favorite hotel and I have stayed a few times and I enjoyed every time.
This hotel has everything and right in the heart of Auckland. You can walk every where and you can feel the life 24/7. What more you can ask for while you are on a holiday?
Rooms spacious and well furnished. At times the service is a wee bit slack and food.....so..so... otherwise this hotel has everything and worth the money I pay.
I would certainly stay when ever I visit Auckland.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank amoga

Dear amoga,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to receive your feedback as a returning guest to SKYCITY Hotel.

I was disappointed to read about the service you have received at times. Please rest assured, here at SKYCITY our staff strive to provide an exceptional experience to each and every one of our guests. I welcome you to contact me directly with further details so I may investigate your experience to prevent this occurring in the future.

I am pleased you will be returning to SKYCITY Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I brought a "Sky City Experience" package for my husbands birthday. It included a one night stay, plus dinner for 2 in the Orbit Restaurant, breakfast either room service or at the Fortuna Restaurant, valet parking, late check out, and complimentary champagne and chocolates.

Well we were not disappointed in anyway. On check in we were advised we had been upgraded to a One bedroom suite which was a lovely surprise. As soon as we checked into our room, our champagne and chocolates arrived.

Could not fault our dinner at the Orbit Restaurant, food and service outstanding.

The next day we have room service breakfast, and late check out just completed a wonderful overnight stay.

Will be back !

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kiwis_that_fly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit on TripAdvisor. My team and I are pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope your husband had a memorable birthday celebration.

We look forward to your return to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We were given a 'City experience package' as a gift which we used at the beginning of January. Nice spacious, clean room, great bathroom. Wonderful superking bed which was so comfortable. We received a bottle of bubbly and a platter of chococates which was fantastic. Included was a 3 course dinner at Orbit Restaurant. The food was excellent, very high standard. Compliments to the Chefs. Waiting staff were good, not exceptionally friendly. Also buffet breakfast at Fortuna, which was great so much to choose from. Late checkout at 1pm which was very nice, and valet parking. Excellent package deal, we thoroughly enjoyed our short visit but will definitely be back. Great location in the City and is a very busy hotel. If there was a negative I I would say they never had enough staff on, upon checkout the line was extremely long and they only had two staff on. The same was when we requested our car they had two guys that were working non stop bringing everyone's cars around to the drop off, perhaps ring down and request your car be brought around prior to checking out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank familyoffour_2010_10

Dear familyoffour,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor. My team and I are thrilled you enjoyed our very popular ‘City Experience’ package and all that it includes.

I am very pleased to read that you will be back to visit, however, I was disappointed to read about the delays you experienced at hotel reception. We do have some very busy periods here at SKYCITY Hotel and I welcome you to contact me with further details of your stay so I may follow up with the Front Office Manager and Chief Concierge to ensure this situation is prevented in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon and our first night in NZ - we had planned it just to be somewhere to crash out and catch up on sleep before the start of our trip. We just wanted somewhere central, clean and comfortable.

We got that but it was so much better than we had expected, especially considering the price we paid, which we considered pretty cheap. The bed was massive and divine, room was modern and clean and it granted us excellent access to everything we wanted to see in central Auckland - harbour, Sky Tower etc - all within walking distance.

On our last night of our trip, we stayed at the Langham, which we had pre-booked and cost more, and we both wished we had stayed at Sky City again. It would definitely be my top recommendation for Auckland city centre accommodation to anyone else going.

If you want somewhere to eat outside the hotel, I highly recommend Depot on Federal Street - just opposite the hotel. We stumbled across it and had one of the most delicious meals of our trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank skibunny_1979

Dear skibunny,

Congratulations on your recent marriage, I trust you had a wonderful honeymoon here in New Zealand and have returned safely to England.

I am thrilled you were pleased with your stay here at SKYCITY Hotel and received much more than you expected. Perhaps, during your next visit to Auckland, New Zealand, you might like to reserve one of our popular hotel packages which allow you to explore SKYCITY and enjoy all we have to offer. Our ‘City Experience’ package features a lovely dinner for two in the revolving Orbit restaurant 192 metres above Auckland City and much more. See our website for details.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY should you return to Auckland, New Zealand.

Best wishes,