SKYCITY Hotel
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$220
US$166
  • Pool
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$116
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$142
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$124
  • Restaurant
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$135
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$232
US$210
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$131
  • Room Service
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$127
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$313
US$287
2,116 results
All reviewssky city hotelfortuna restaurantbusy hotelfederal streetupgraded to a suitevalet parkingcentral locationnew zealandroom was largegreat roomthe heart of the citychecking outmini barstayed one nightbuffet breakfastqueen streetdicky
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was so disappointed with this hotel.

Considering the price we paid (nearly $200 a night) I had higher expectations. It was all just rather average. The room wasn't anything special, it looked out onto a courtyard which was pretty small so it was pretty easy to look into the room across the way. I hadn't paid extra for a room with a view but also didn't expect such a low level of privacy.

The location is top notch, you can be all over Auckland, look up and find the Sky Tower and know where your hotel is. Check in staff were friendly.

The breakfast was one of the best I have had in a hotel, the creamy mushrooms and savoury muffins had me attempting to replicate the dishes when I got home. We had to pay extra for the breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Nalevde,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. With the iconic Sky Tower as a prominent landmark we definitely have one of the best hotel locations in the CBD. I was delighted that your breakfast was one of the best you have had in a hotel and have shared your lovely feedback with our team who were pleased to receive it.

I am disappointed the guest room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. Due to the design and location of our hotel, our rooms have various views overlooking the courtyard, city or harbour. While courtyard facing rooms are in line with the opposite wing, shade and black out curtains are provided for guests privacy. Additionally, our staff will be more than happy to assign a city view room upon request as an alternative (subject to availability).

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I write this as I'm in the hotel...we came here as a treat away from the kids and because it's my birthday....unfortunately the tv reception is what can only be described as prehistoric...we have so far changed rooms once and here we are and it's no better....while you don't come to a hotel to watch tv it is nice at the end of the night to be able to do this....ah well..at almost $300 a night I will consider staying at another CBD hotel for our next venture....such a shame...and the hallways stunk of cigarette smoke....

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Robyn,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor post. I am disappointed to learn you were dissatisfied with your experience during your recent visit to SKYCITY Hotel celebrating your special occasion.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor television reception you experienced. I am pleased an attempt was made to rectify this by moving you to another room, however, it is clear this did not resolve the issue. I am delighted to inform you, we have recently commenced a television HD upgrade which will combat any poor television reception throughout the hotel. The upgrade will be completed by the 15th of this month.

We are proud of SKYCITY Hotel and I hope you will consider returning. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your visit and hopefully work toward restoring your faith in SKYCITY Hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Ida Uea
Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Upon my late arrival at check-in, (due to my rental being broken into and all luggage stolen), my reception was very heart-warming and reassuring! The staff were understanding and full of moral support! Apart from occasionally going out their way, (for direction, and re-stocking of utensils, [in Fortuna Restaurant] etc..), the staff were always on hand to answer any questions etc.. This is from my experience, and what I witnessed during my 3 day stay!! I did spend a bit of money in the casino, may-be a bit much, but it was worth the experience. The atmosphere within was one of entertainment, enjoyment, and relaxation! The selection on the breakfast menu in the Fortuna Restaurant was plentiful. A wide variety of food available to cater for one-in-all! Being only a couple of blocks from Auckland's Queen Street, the hotel is within walking distance to basically all your shopping needs. Over-all, my stay at SKYCITY Hotel was an enjoyable one, being a weekend I will remember! I will be back in the future, (with my luggage this time).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted our staff went above and beyond to make sure your stay was enjoyable following such an unfortunate event. I hope you have been able to recover most, if not all, of your belongings. Here at SKYCITY we strive to provide an exceptional experience to each and every one of our guests and it is wonderful to see you received exactly that.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another weekend to remember.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Absolutely loved my stay at the SkyCity Hotel. Very clean and modern rooms, friendly reception / concierge staff, and of course such an incredible location. Thanks to the Sky Tower, I always knew exactly how to get back from anywhere in Auckland.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and trust you had a wonderful visit to New Zealand. Our iconic Sky Tower definitely provides an obvious landmark, visible far and wide, you will always know where to return.

I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Rooms are really modern, clean and the hotel is in a good location. Staff are very approachable and accommodating.

The only real downsides is that there isn't really anywhere to hangout in the hotel unless you are into casinos.. The lobby area is also generally a bit chaotic and has the feeling of a shopping mall.

We also booked into the Orbit restaurant in the Sky Tour which I would highly recommend. The food was excellent (despite hearing on the contrary), and there are great views across the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pete,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor and I trust you have returned safely to London. I am thrilled you were pleased with our hotel, location, and wonderful staff members. Orbit restaurant definitely offers a unique dining experience in the heart of Auckland City with breath taking 360º views of the city below.

Furthermore, I was disappointed that you found our lobby area somewhat disappointing with nowhere to hangout. With over twenty restaurants and bars, SKYCITY offers a range of venues to cater to our guests needs as an alternative to visiting the casino. Please feel free to visit our website for more information on what we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Best wishes,