“Skycity - Best hotel so far!” 5 of 5 bubbles

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Skycity - Best hotel so far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I chose this hotel to celebrate my partners birthday. We got the City Experience Package - it was great! Absolutely loved it. For the first time I never left the hotel grounds which was nice for a change. The food is delicious. Room is excellent. Service is great. The facilities of the hotel also are great - there is enough to keep you busy all weekend and more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Riccardo,

I am thrilled you chose to stay at SKYCITY Hotel to celebrate your partners birthday and clearly had a wonderful time. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Our City Experience package is certainly great value for money and brilliant for any special occasion. Dining above Auckland city at Orbit restaurant with 360º views and spectacular food, is definitely a special experience unique to SKYCITY.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hopefully for that next special occasion.

Many thanks,
Ida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at SkyCity. It's a perfect location, walking distance to everything. The room was very big, clean, and comfy. We had a lovely view of the harbor and sunset each night. Downside: worst Wi-Fi ever. Kept disconnecting every few minutes, if you got a signal at all. Wired connection just didn't work. The concierges, housekeeping and room service staff were SO friendly (especially Dicky!), but the reception staff was a little stuffy. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Harbor view is a must!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear malimac,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. Congratulations on your recent marriage and we hope you are having a wonderful honeymoon with some lovely memories here in New Zealand.

I have shared your positive comments with our Concierge, Housekeeping, and Room Service staff, with special mention of Dicky. We have a fantastic team here at SKYCITY Hotel and I am pleased you were well looked after.

I am disappointed you had issues with our complimentary Wi-Fi service. I welcome you to contact me via email (below) with the details of your stay so I may investigate and address this issue in addition to the service you received from our reception staff.

I wish you all the best for the remainder of your honeymoon and a safe journey home. I look forward to hearing from you.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We were only in Auckland one night and so didn't get to experience the full range of this hotel, but what we did experience was great. Nice easy check in and big spacious hotel with spacious and well appointed room. Had a great nights sleep, so I'd recommend it to others looking for somewhere in Auckland!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Craig,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I are thrilled you had a great experience during your short visit.

It’s going to be EPIC at SKYCITY Auckland this March! With exciting Premier Rewards promotions and some great New Zealand artists performing live and free in the casino. Visit our website for more information. www.skycity.co.nz

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the near future, and perhaps for a slightly longer stay.

Best wishes,
New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights over aucklands busiest weekend. Due to overbooking on their behalf we were not given the room we had booked which was a little disappointing. The rooms were okay nice and dark when curtains pulled so got a good nights sleep but felt the bathroom needed abit of a revamp. Concierge was very helpful but reception could be a bit more friendly.
Nice and central.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Loda28,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you were well taken care of by our Concierge and I have shared your positive feedback with the team.

I am disappointed you did not receive the room you had reserved and welcome you to contact me directly via email (below) to discuss the details of your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

You cannot find another hotel in Auckland with so many exciting features. It is located next to the famous landmark of Auckland: Sky Tower (and is built before the Grand hotel). There are a number of fine restaurants (and a big casino) within the building and in the Tower. My wife and I enjoyed the priviledge as the hotel guest e.g. discount in paying the admission fee for the Skytower and a fine dinner at the Sugar Club. We did most of the tourist activities by walking and never lost our way because of the Tower.

We recommend at least 2 days for CBD. Day 1 for shopping at the boutiques along the High street with lunch or tea break in any restaurant at the harbour. It is good to take a ferry to the nearby island or join a crusie afterwards. Day 2 for shopping at the department stores and sourvenir shops along the Queen street. You may "burn" residual energy or money in the casino at night. Good luck.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear WorldTraveler7788,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel and I trust you have returned safely to Taiwan. My team and I are thrilled you had a wonderful stay at SKYCITY and enjoyed the various attractions Auckland CBD has to offer, including the iconic Sky Tower.

I am sure fellow travellers will appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to your next stay here at SKYCITY Hotel.

Best wishes,
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Sky City hotel is well located in the CBD of Auckland - walking distance to many local attractions and restaurants..

The rooms were OK, not brilliant. The hotel was under-occupied during our stay but for some unknown reason they stuck us in rooms that faced a rooftop.

The bed was probably approaching replacement dates do the bathroom was tired ( I don't like showers over a bathtub).

Breakfast was a good selection and reasonably priced

Overall an OK stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing outward.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Pottsy747,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to SKYCITY Hotel. We definitely have a wonderful central location with easy access to all the Auckland CBD has to offer.

Here at SKYCITY Hotel, we have various room types which reflect the location and facilities in your room. It appears you stayed in one of our Premium rooms, which has a bath under the shower. Alternatively, a Deluxe room can be reserved, which offers a recently refurbished designer walk-in rain head shower. I would be delighted to assist with your reservations in the future to ensure you have the appropriate room allocation. Please contact me via the details below.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed in the SkyCity 'Grand' Hotel on 2 or 3 separate occasions and that is by far a better choice than the SkyCity Hotel and I would recommend it.

The SkyCity Hotel is not particularly central but there is quite a bit of activity nearby including restaurants and bars. The Viaduct entertainment precinct is also only about 15 minutes walk away.

I normally don't like staying at casino hotels as the service is generally quite poor and the rooms are not always well serviced. Once again I experienced some of these same issues.

While the front desk service was prompt and reasonably efficient the front counter staff were not very friendly. Once I checked into my room I found that they had not cleaned the room properly and the bins were overflowing with rubbish from the previous occupants. The bed was okay but the pillows were well used.

I can't say this hotel is bad but it didn't measure up on some basics that could have been better. For the price it is okay but I would recommend the Grand if you can stump up the few extra dollars.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Snitchbolt,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit.

I am disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and to learn of your unsatisfactory experience. Here at SKYCITY Hotel we strive to provide a high standard of service and cleanliness which is frequently reflected in our feedback. I welcome you to contact me directly with the details of your stay so I may investigate the points raised and work towards restoring your faith in SKYCITY Hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.