“Awesome Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wellington, New Zealand
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel was excellent. The package brilliant and affordable, room was perfect with lovely views, staff did their best and ensured a top stay through their attentiveness and effort. Wonderful comfort, pleasant, friendly. professional and relaxing. Thank you so much

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet and inviting.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Glenys1,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of SKYCITY Hotel. Here at SKYCITY our team strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and it is wonderful to receive such positive feedback. I have shared your comments with our team who were pleased to receive it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the near future for another excellent stay.

Many thanks,
Ida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was booked two months before our stay and I requested through their website that we will be arriving at 1.00am also phoned the hotel to confirm this as was told it would be fine. I spoke to them 5 times via phone conversation prior to our arrival and I have email confirmation of this of our time of arrival and again was told it would be fine. Upon arrival at 1.00am we went to check in and was told there was no room available until 3.00pm . I told the gentleman on reservation that I had spoken to reservation numerous times and mentioned the persons name who made our booking but he said we would have to stay across the road as there were no rooms and he would have to talk to the person in question about our reservation, also we have to pay for the hotel across the road. I explained and showed him my email stating our time of arrival but he did not want to help and his customer service was appalling. We checked in across the road at this stage it was closer to 2.00am. At 8.30AM I returned to Sky City hotel and was told a room was available at 10.30am so we checked out of the hotel we were bumped to to resume out stay at sky city.Let me add an inconvience Reservation person in the morning crew said he would look into our situation further and would get back to me. I went to reception 5 times throughout the day and no help what so ever. Eventually I got to speak to the on duty manager who told me that the reservation person who made my booking had no recollection of any conversation but my email which they received meant nothing, to which I stated that it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that you arrive at 1.00am hmmm maybe they would like a room instead of 3.00pm he also said that being tired from my flight and that time in the early morning may have clouded my judgment. i was so disgusted by the treatment we recieved we promptly checked out to stay at the Langham who were more than accommodating and professional in their service. We have stayed at numerous hotels world wide and never have we been treated in such an appalling manner as were at Sky City.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grace_villani
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Mrs Vallani,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, I understand from the tone of your response your frustration and disappointment. Factually your reservation was for Friday night, therefore, we had every right to sell Thursday night to other guests as we operate a check-in / check-out structure like every other hotel with a 3pm check-in and an 11am check-out. I acknowledge you made the request to arrive early on Friday and even when the room was offered to you at 10.30am this is significantly earlier than other guests. When booking nights like this in the future I could only encourage you to ensure the night prior is booked. This happens frequently with our international guests arriving in the early hours of the night and is the one way you can guarantee a room is ready for you when you arrive.

I would like to acknowledge significant efforts were made to you by the team including a number of generous goodwill gestures to try and recover the situation.

I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and hope one day we have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY.

Regards,

Denny Keane
Hotel Operations Manager
Denny.keane@skycity.co.nz
Wimborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I'm not a hotel person but this hotel changed my mind. It's big maybe brash but the rooms are superb (if you have a harbour view. The buffet restaurant was great for lunch, dinner and breakfast, with choices not far away. Above all it was the staff, ever helpful, but not gushing. Yes I will return

Room Tip: H4 harbour view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bradders242
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Beenthere63,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. My team and I were thrilled to receive your positive feedback and are pleased that your experience has given you a new perspective on hotels. Here at SKYCITY our staff strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and I am delighted you definitely received this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another brilliant stay.

Luang Prabang, Laos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our stay at sky city hotel Auckland was fantastic. Very good beds , lovely room breakfast to die for, absolutely everything one would desire. Location is great . Service is second to nome. Nothing else but praise for this hotel Thank you Guys

Room Tip: Did not use swimmingpool or spa. Rooms are spacious Beds are very comfortable
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Maria,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

My team and I are thrilled to receive your lovely feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the future.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed 1 Night 2/4/14. Good sleep quality. Worth a stay here.In centre of town. Building works happening at the moment. All in all can recommend. Make sure you have your toiletries and your extras as they are expensive in the room.

Room Tip: Stayed in 280. No view. but best black out curtains ever. great sleep
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Aussietracker,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

I am pleased you had a good rest at our hotel and appreciate the availability of ‘blackout’ curtains which we know are vital to ensure our guests are able to get a good night’s sleep in the heart of the city.

Thank you for your patience and understanding with regards to the construction taking place outside our property and rest assured, we are doing our best to minimise the impact this has on our guests. This will be an exciting addition to the SKYCITY complex and a wonderful space to compliment the facility.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Enfield, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Super modern and clean. The bed was super comfortable. We got to spend time in the 360 orbit restaurant and the skywalk. All the people that work there were very friendly except the person who checked us in. He did not want to talk to me ( though I was the one who booked the room). He only wanted to talk to my husband. Other than that it was great stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Alyson,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor post. I am thrilled you had an enjoyable visit and were able to visit the Orbit Restaurant and take your Sky Tower visit to the next level by walking around the edge of the Sky Tower’s pergola at a dizzying 192 metres above Auckland. Perhaps during your next stay you might like to take the ultimate plunge and leap off the Sky Tower itself. A truly exhilarating Sky Jump experience!

I am disappointed you were not impressed with the reception you received on check in and would welcome you to contact me directly to discuss this in further detail via the contact details below.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the future.

Many thanks,
Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was very happy with the appointment and quality of my room. There were two things that let down the stay.

When I arrived at the room, it was evident that the en suite floor had not been cleaned. There were traces of peanut skin and tissue (i hope...) on the floor. I called reception to ask for it to be cleaned. Three ladies arrived to complete the task - and I was not much better off. I could not be bothered asking a second time and hoped that the basin and toilet themselves had actually been cleaned the first time.

The only other bug bear I had was the air con in the room. No matter what temperature I set the room to, it stayed at it's own temperature - too warm.
Other thatn that, the saty was good.

Room Tip: I was on H1 level which was very good. Room 187 I think. Very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Pipi_10,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you were happy with your room and guest experience here at SKYCITY Hotel for the most part.

I am disappointed to learn about the aspects of your stay that let down your overall experience. Our Executive Housekeeper is investigating why the rooms bathroom was not up to our usual high standard of cleanliness, however, we are not sure of your stay details and I welcome you to contact me directly so we may commence a thorough investigation.

Additionally, our property services team have been advised of the Air Conditioning malfunction in guest room 187 and will ensure this is in working order.

Please rest assured, these incidents are not a reflection of the high standard of service and cleanliness we pride ourselves on here at SKYCITY and I look forward to hearing from you soon and working towards restoring your faith in SKYCITY Hotel.

Kind regards,