“Hotel Room good eat breakfast elsewhere ”
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights and the hotel room was fine well appointed, clean and quiet We appreciate the parking at Sky city which is convenient, and easy to get to We paid for breakfast having not done this before. The hot food was cold so despite the choice it was not good. Would stay at the hotel again but skip the breakfast.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear DiB5,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor post. I am thrilled you had an enjoyable stay for the most part, with the use of our convenient underground car park and discounted hotel guest rates.

I was disappointed to read about your experience with breakfast, and I welcome you to contact me with further details so I may investigate this. Additionally, here at SKYCITY we have a variety of breakfast options available to our guests. Whether you would prefer one of the very popular and delicious Bacon and Egg Rolls from the Depot, or the Best Ugly Salmon Bagel from the Fed Deli, there is an option to suit every guest.

I hope to hear from you soon and look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the future.

Kind regards,
Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,014)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Booked this at "last minute" rate, so got a brilliant price for what is a very good 4 star hotel.

Room was lovely, staff are great (especially the concierges, really top service) and the location is superb, right in the heart of Auckland, an easy stroll to the harbour and lots of restaurants/bars. The many good restaurants in the hotel/casino complex itself were also very enticing, pity we couldn't try them all. My only criticism was that the breakfast was a bit expensive, but there's a great little cafe right next door to the hotel which does cheap and good breakfasts with excellent coffee.

Will definitely stay here again when visiting Auckland, it represented excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Vanmerino,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are very proud of our Hotel and I am pleased you were able to experience the high level of service we pride ourselves on here at SKYCITY.

With over twenty restaurants and bars throughout SKYCITY, from Cafe/Buffet options to Fine Dining at one of our celebrity Chef’s restaurants, there is definitely something to tempt every palette and budget. Feel free to visit our website for more information.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel was excellent. The package brilliant and affordable, room was perfect with lovely views, staff did their best and ensured a top stay through their attentiveness and effort. Wonderful comfort, pleasant, friendly. professional and relaxing. Thank you so much

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet and inviting.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Glenys1,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of SKYCITY Hotel. Here at SKYCITY our team strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and it is wonderful to receive such positive feedback. I have shared your comments with our team who were pleased to receive it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the near future for another excellent stay.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Hotel was booked two months before our stay and I requested through their website that we will be arriving at 1.00am also phoned the hotel to confirm this as was told it would be fine. I spoke to them 5 times via phone conversation prior to our arrival and I have email confirmation of this of our time of arrival and again was told it would be fine. Upon arrival at 1.00am we went to check in and was told there was no room available until 3.00pm . I told the gentleman on reservation that I had spoken to reservation numerous times and mentioned the persons name who made our booking but he said we would have to stay across the road as there were no rooms and he would have to talk to the person in question about our reservation, also we have to pay for the hotel across the road. I explained and showed him my email stating our time of arrival but he did not want to help and his customer service was appalling. We checked in across the road at this stage it was closer to 2.00am. At 8.30AM I returned to Sky City hotel and was told a room was available at 10.30am so we checked out of the hotel we were bumped to to resume out stay at sky city.Let me add an inconvience Reservation person in the morning crew said he would look into our situation further and would get back to me. I went to reception 5 times throughout the day and no help what so ever. Eventually I got to speak to the on duty manager who told me that the reservation person who made my booking had no recollection of any conversation but my email which they received meant nothing, to which I stated that it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that you arrive at 1.00am hmmm maybe they would like a room instead of 3.00pm he also said that being tired from my flight and that time in the early morning may have clouded my judgment. i was so disgusted by the treatment we recieved we promptly checked out to stay at the Langham who were more than accommodating and professional in their service. We have stayed at numerous hotels world wide and never have we been treated in such an appalling manner as were at Sky City.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grace_villani
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Mrs Vallani,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, I understand from the tone of your response your frustration and disappointment. Factually your reservation was for Friday night, therefore, we had every right to sell Thursday night to other guests as we operate a check-in / check-out structure like every other hotel with a 3pm check-in and an 11am check-out. I acknowledge you made the request to arrive early on Friday and even when the room was offered to you at 10.30am this is significantly earlier than other guests. When booking nights like this in the future I could only encourage you to ensure the night prior is booked. This happens frequently with our international guests arriving in the early hours of the night and is the one way you can guarantee a room is ready for you when you arrive.

I would like to acknowledge significant efforts were made to you by the team including a number of generous goodwill gestures to try and recover the situation.

I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and hope one day we have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY.

Regards,

Denny Keane
Hotel Operations Manager
Denny.keane@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I'm not a hotel person but this hotel changed my mind. It's big maybe brash but the rooms are superb (if you have a harbour view. The buffet restaurant was great for lunch, dinner and breakfast, with choices not far away. Above all it was the staff, ever helpful, but not gushing. Yes I will return

Room Tip: H4 harbour view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bradders242
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Beenthere63,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. My team and I were thrilled to receive your positive feedback and are pleased that your experience has given you a new perspective on hotels. Here at SKYCITY our staff strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and I am delighted you definitely received this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another brilliant stay.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our stay at sky city hotel Auckland was fantastic. Very good beds , lovely room breakfast to die for, absolutely everything one would desire. Location is great . Service is second to nome. Nothing else but praise for this hotel Thank you Guys

Room Tip: Did not use swimmingpool or spa. Rooms are spacious Beds are very comfortable
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Maria,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

My team and I are thrilled to receive your lovely feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed 1 Night 2/4/14. Good sleep quality. Worth a stay here.In centre of town. Building works happening at the moment. All in all can recommend. Make sure you have your toiletries and your extras as they are expensive in the room.

Room Tip: Stayed in 280. No view. but best black out curtains ever. great sleep
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Aussietracker,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

I am pleased you had a good rest at our hotel and appreciate the availability of ‘blackout’ curtains which we know are vital to ensure our guests are able to get a good night’s sleep in the heart of the city.

Thank you for your patience and understanding with regards to the construction taking place outside our property and rest assured, we are doing our best to minimise the impact this has on our guests. This will be an exciting addition to the SKYCITY complex and a wonderful space to compliment the facility.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.