SKYCITY Hotel
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$184
US$172
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$162
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$136
US$98
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$143
US$244
US$223
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$109
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Free Internet
US$198
US$148
2,092 results
All reviewssky city hotelfortuna restaurantbusy hotelfederal streetupgraded to a suitevalet parkingcentral locationnew zealandroom was largegreat roomthe heart of the citychecking outmini barstayed one nightbuffet breakfastqueen streetdicky
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My partner and I stayed for two nights. One at the start of our stay in New Zealand and also our last night in New Zealand.

We absolutely loved it! We arrived late and we had booked the Do not Disturb package, a MUST for couples, and we were given a free upgrade to a Suite! The room was to die for! Beautiful lounge room , huge super king bed and lovely shower with great amenities. Chilled champagne was in the room with some yummy chocolates! Room service breakfast was also included and it was great! Late checkout was fantastic as was the free wifi!

On our second stay we booked room only and it was only $139 for the night! I work in a 4.5 star hotel in Australia and we would never sell a room that cheap. Great Value. Super king bed again which was so comfortable.

Staff were great and very friendly and helpful.

Overall an absolutely superb stay! Will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing the sky tower and you can watch the crazy people jump off!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Always_Travelling84,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled you chose to stay at SKYCITY at the beginning and ending of your trip to New Zealand and clearly had a lovely experience.

Our ‘Do not Disturb’ package is definitely a very popular option for our couples and is a great package to make that night in the city that little bit more special. I am pleased you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to one of our suites and the very popular free WiFi service.

You certainly secured a brilliant room rate on your return visit. These rates are available from time to time as our room rate is determined by the hotel occupancy and current market rate.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. It is wonderful to hear such great comments from someone also working within a 4.5 star hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to New Zealand.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was there in NZ n Aus for my Honeymoon....The welcome to the hotel was ok, no assistance for luggage to the Reception...The hotel entrance is the same as entry to the sky tower and casino which made it doubly difficult to manage our bags. Hotel receptionist was very rude and we have to wait for more than 20 mins for check in... After a long flight, we reached the hotel but it was very pathetic experience.... The experience got worse when we went to breakfast, cold scrambled eggs, very less options in Vegetarian Food (though lots n lots of Indians Stay in the hotel), very little fresh fruit, and only help yourself tea and coffee.... The rooms were quite comfortable with almost all the basic amenities... One should opt for the city view rooms....Being hotel centrally located,There were lots of activities to do around the hotel...one can visit the Sky Deck and Casino in hotel itself.. The Riverside being walk away from the hotel... lots n lots of Multicuisine restaurants a walk away from the hotel... One can spend time at the Yacht Dockyard where lots of restaurants are there...One can enjoy a good long walk along the riverside which is quite romantic.... Hotel itself have great nightlife options, Casino being the best one....We hired a car but the parking was Paid for chauffeur Parking even for the hotel guests... Wifi was free though it was not as good.... Lastly, i would say Felt like a 2 star hotel rather than a 4 star they quote. Overall a disappointing hotel.....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Varunbansal,

Congratulations on your recent marriage. My team and I wish you a wonderful honeymoon here in New Zealand. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to SKYCITY Hotel.

I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our central location, with ease of access to the best of the Auckland CBD such as the Viaduct Harbour and surrounding areas.

I am disappointed to read about the issues you experienced on arrival and I would like to investigate this further. I welcome you to contact me directly with the details of your stay as this is not in line with the high standard of service we pride ourselves on here at SKYCITY.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had just arrived in nz for our honeymoon and were after a luxurious hotel that had a great location. It was in the heart of beautiful restaurants, and the city nightlife. Has convenient stores all around to get those essentials when you have just arrived in another country. Parking was awesome!! Free wifi and helpful and friendly staff. Room service was fairly well priced and ran on time! ( I had phoned service desk as I thought it was an hour late but after moving on to another hotel we had realised that we had set our clocks to the alarm clock in the room, which had not been changed due to daylight savings).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jessica,

Congratulations on your recent marriage. I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon in New Zealand and leave with some lovely memories of your special occasion.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused with the incorrect time setting on the alarm clock in the room. I have shared your positive comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel should you return to Auckland, New Zealand.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Was booked into Sky City for a business trip for 2 days. I asked the the person who booked me in to make sure it had an outdoor pool that I could lounge by in my off time. Looked at Trip Advisors photo’s and there it was an outdoor pool, just what I needed after meetings to relax. I went looking for the pool but was nowhere to be found. I asked a staff member (maintenance guy) where the pool was. The reply I got with a laugh was “no pool here anymore bros, management removed it. To expensive to maintain. If you want a pool catch a lift to the second floor turn right walk across the walkway past the restaurants then about 30 yards turn left and there’s the pool”. I followed the instruction and after a ten minute walk found myself in another hotel (Grand Hotel directly opposite Sky City) with an indoor pool with a stench of stinking chlorine so strong it took your breath away and no outside area except a deck full of smokers.

Disappointed I headed back to my room, this was 10:30 am and house cleaning were doing the rooms after navigating my way past piles of dirty bed sheets and trollies in the hallway I took a photo with my phone just to show the people at work. I got back to my room for a shower for my next meeting. Finished my meetings at 4:00 pm and returned to find the piles of dirty bed sheets and trollies where still there. And took anther photo ( Have posted them on Trip Advisor). How long does it take house cleaning to do a floor of rooms?

Usually when you stay at a hotel with casino attached the hotel is impeccable with great staff and nice rooms (Crown in Melbourne as an example). This place is the exception to the rule. Rooms and staff were average at best. Felt like a 2 star hotel rather than a 4 star they quote. Overall a disappointing hotel. The whole place had a feel of we don’t give a stuff anymore. And after reading some of the reviews management needs to pull their finger out and get this place back on track. Will not be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Bobbyboy75
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Bobbyboy75,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Tripadvisor. Please accept my apologies for the state of the hallways when you returned in the afternoon, this is not a standard we accept here at SKYCITY Hotel.
I can confirm the pool was removed around 4 years ago and all reference to it on websites and hotel information cards has been changed. The photo you reference is one of a former guest shared on the web but outside of SKYCITY hotels control, the photo is dated 2009.

I hope this provides clarity to some of concerns and I hope to have the oppurtunity to welcome you back when you are next in Auckland.

Regards,

Denny Keane
Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

When we stepped into the lobby, it felt as if we were transported to the set of the Jetsons. But the room was elegant, beds comfortable and bathroom spacious and clean.

Only stayed one night with a family of four, and would most likely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Nosi6,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor post. I am guessing the feeling of being on the set of the ‘Jetsons’ is due to the large open area entrance to the Atrium. There is definitely a bustling, busy vibe when entering the SKYCITY complex, however, we pride ourselves on providing a quiet, comfortable hotel experience for our guests.

We wish you a safe journey home and look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future.

Kind regards,