“Great service, great location, very comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Great service, great location, very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We moved from another hotel in Auckland to Skycity and upgraded our room on check in. The room was absolutely fantastic, so comfortable and spacious.The minibar and amenity drawer was the best ever I have come across in a hotel when traveling with two champagne options, razors, medicines, toothpaste/brushes and great confectionary selection.the beds / pillows were so comfortable as was the sofa and chairs. We loved the room! The location of the hotel is fantastic with a number of restaurants in the hotel , a massive casino room and the access point to the Skytower. The breakfast selection and quality was absolutely superb and the staff cleared dishes immediately. This hotel also has fantastic staff.Sarah on reception was very curious, helpful and friendly and really made us feel welcome. The concierge team were also the best we have had in any of the 10 hotels stayed in NZ. The made getting our large cases in and out the room to the car easy and were very helpful with local places near the hotel etc. Overall this hotel is excellent and I will stay there again whenever I come back to Auckland.

Room Tip: Ask for a Barbour side ( rather than city side) room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Peter W,

I am delighted to read your review on your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel, we constantly strive to deliver a world class service and product here.

I will pass on your feedback to the team and hope we have the oppurtunity to oneday welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Denny Keane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Deutschland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms where beautiful, the casino was fun and the breakfast tasty. Also the service was very good and how you would expect it :) the location was right in the middle of auckland and all the shopping places where around the corner. im glad we booked the room here!

• Stayed April 2014
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Isabel A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel, I hope you enjoyed your trip down to New Zealand and oneday consider staying with us again if your ever back on this side of the world.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic and is now my new choice of accommodation when travelling to Auckland. It is in impeccable condition and well maintained. Rooms are very nice, roomy and have a good variety of amenities and HD TV. Free wifi is awesome too, fast speed in the rooms. The range of bars and restaurants is also great. In saying that thou, the nearby streets also have lots of eating options so you'll always be spoilt for choice. Casino and sky tower good extras on site too if they are your thing. Will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Seymor10,

Thanks for your feedback on your recent visit to SKYCITY Hotel. It is always great to share such feedback with the team, we strive to deliver a truly world class experience here at SKYCITY.

I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel next time you’re looking for accommodation in the Auckland area

Regards

Hotel Ops Manager
Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Because my husband is disabled, I came into the city to look at accessible rooms before I booked. I was shown a lovely room on the Hobson St side of the building with a bathroom perfectly designed for a wheelchair. I then booked and paid for the room online from home asking for a twin, accessible room on the Hobson St side. Just to make sure, I phoned the hotel 3 days beforehand to make sure that the correct room had been reserved. I also stated that we would be arriving at about 3pm.
When we arrived we were told that the room was not available and that we could have a room on the other side of the hotel (above massive road works) or we could have a double room on Hobson St (which had not been cleaned or made up).
I looked at the room above the road works but it was not suitable. I was then (after a lot of waiting about) shown to a suite which had a completely unusable (for a wheelchair) bathroom.
I then went to see the room with the double bed. I was told that they would remove the sofa and put in a day bed. But I would have to wait until the cleaner had finished.
At 5.30 (two and a half hours later) we finally moved into the room. I then discovered that the double bed was made up of two large single beds. They could have separated the beds in the first place instead of all that messing about.
I was upset that a special evening had been ruined by the reception staff and my husband was exhausted by all the fuss.
The only good thing was that we had booked into the Sugar Club for dinner and had the most magnificent meal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AMReid2014
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Good Morning AMREID2014,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at SKYCITY Hotel.

I am disappointed to read we failed to meet your expectations on this visit. We do our very best to honour all requests but unfortunately it isn’t always possible.

The street works I am glad to say are coming to an end, the new Federal Street dining precinct is looking great and a great new addition to our guests and to Auckland, the works have been designed to have no impact on our guests stay. I am glad to say our feedback tools reflect this.

If you would like to discuss your feedback further, please feel free to contact me on denny.keane@skycity.co.nz.

Hotel Ops Manager
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Been to this hotel a few times now, actually it's the only hotel i've only stayed at in Auckland. It is a short walk to all the places in the city that i wanted to get to. Viaducts, bagels shop, restaurants, queen st. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and clean, wifi in the room works well also!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Hi Shirlz99,

Thanks for your feedback on your stay, we appreciate your loyalty.

Al Browns Bagels are amazing aren’t they, we are truly blessed here at SKYCITY for some of Australasia's best chefs and restaurants.

I would be delighted to assist with any future reservations, please contact me on denny.keane@skycity.co.nz .

Hotel Manager
Te Aroha, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We loved staying at the Skycity, the staff bent over backwards to assist us with anything we wanted. The room was perfectly clean, the Fortuna restaurant with the buffet breakfast was to die for. I cant wait to return.

Room Tip: The delux room with the super king bed and breakfast combo was a great idea for our anniversary.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Hi Taniabay,

Great to read your feedback on your recent stay with us, it is truely our pleasure having you stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel when you are next looking to stay in Auckland.

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a room that had two double single beds the beds were large and very comfy,shower and toilet facilities were roomy and the added bonus was the free wi fi.
The decor was nice and of pastel decor the facilities were warm and inviting.
We had a window view which was a bonus.
Great living and good value at the time.

Room Tip: One that has a view is nice double beds if possible.so one higher up is good for this case
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Good Morning Peter,

It is great to read your review, its always nice to share with the team positive feedback on our hotel and the service we provide.

I look forward to one day having the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel,

Hotel Operations Manager