“Fantastic getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Fantastic getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Centrally located. Comfortable large rooms. Surrounded by a number of easily accessible restaurants, cafe's, day spa's and close to the waterfront, oh and of course the casino. Great spot for a week end getaway from the kids.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Sammjamm,

Thank you for taking the time to review SKYCITY Hotel on Tripadvisor, we are delighted to read your positive feedback on your stay and I look forward to welcoming you to back next time you require accommodation in Auckland.

Hotel Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here on the first and last night of a three week tour. They could not have been helpful. We arrived at 05.30 Auckland time after a 26 hour flight, and our room was ready for us at no extra charge for early check in. Huge soft bed, with a spotlessly clean fully equipped room. Breakfast of bacon and eggs was delightful in the hotels ground floor restaurant.
On the final day the concierge team were amazing, they stored luggage after check out ( which was extended at no extra charge as our flight was not until 9pm). They arranged airport shuttle. They arranged for a package to be posted out for me, all with cheerfulness and courteously. Central city location make it very handy for shopping and ferries,with the added fun of watch those with stouter hearts than mine throwing themselves off the adjoining sky tower, in a harness of course. We didn't use the casino or the other restaurants, but if the service and food is a good as Rebo you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rae V
Rae V,

I was delighted to read your review on your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel, after such a long flight I am glad the level of customer service delivered to you created a great sense of arrival.

I will ensure your feedback is shared with them. Once again thank you for taking the time and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again one day,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

the hotel is nice for a layover. I stayed here for one night. enjoyed the casino. You can walk to the harbour and near by restaurants. close the queens st where you will find the shopping as well. The breakfast buffet was fine (needs an upgrade on its quality) everything else was good. the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear HM2852,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent visit to SKYCITY Hotel. I will share your feedback with the team including the Restaurant Manager, we constantly evaluate our guests feedback to see what we are doing well and also areas that might require attention.

Marlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We moved from another hotel in Auckland to Skycity and upgraded our room on check in. The room was absolutely fantastic, so comfortable and spacious.The minibar and amenity drawer was the best ever I have come across in a hotel when traveling with two champagne options, razors, medicines, toothpaste/brushes and great confectionary selection.the beds / pillows were so comfortable as was the sofa and chairs. We loved the room! The location of the hotel is fantastic with a number of restaurants in the hotel , a massive casino room and the access point to the Skytower. The breakfast selection and quality was absolutely superb and the staff cleared dishes immediately. This hotel also has fantastic staff.Sarah on reception was very curious, helpful and friendly and really made us feel welcome. The concierge team were also the best we have had in any of the 10 hotels stayed in NZ. The made getting our large cases in and out the room to the car easy and were very helpful with local places near the hotel etc. Overall this hotel is excellent and I will stay there again whenever I come back to Auckland.

Room Tip: Ask for a Barbour side ( rather than city side) room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter W,

I am delighted to read your review on your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel, we constantly strive to deliver a world class service and product here.

I will pass on your feedback to the team and hope we have the oppurtunity to oneday welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Berlin, Deutschland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms where beautiful, the casino was fun and the breakfast tasty. Also the service was very good and how you would expect it :) the location was right in the middle of auckland and all the shopping places where around the corner. im glad we booked the room here!

• Stayed April 2014
Isabel A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel, I hope you enjoyed your trip down to New Zealand and oneday consider staying with us again if your ever back on this side of the world.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic and is now my new choice of accommodation when travelling to Auckland. It is in impeccable condition and well maintained. Rooms are very nice, roomy and have a good variety of amenities and HD TV. Free wifi is awesome too, fast speed in the rooms. The range of bars and restaurants is also great. In saying that thou, the nearby streets also have lots of eating options so you'll always be spoilt for choice. Casino and sky tower good extras on site too if they are your thing. Will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Seymor10,

Thanks for your feedback on your recent visit to SKYCITY Hotel. It is always great to share such feedback with the team, we strive to deliver a truly world class experience here at SKYCITY.

I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel next time you’re looking for accommodation in the Auckland area

Regards

Hotel Ops Manager
Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Because my husband is disabled, I came into the city to look at accessible rooms before I booked. I was shown a lovely room on the Hobson St side of the building with a bathroom perfectly designed for a wheelchair. I then booked and paid for the room online from home asking for a twin, accessible room on the Hobson St side. Just to make sure, I phoned the hotel 3 days beforehand to make sure that the correct room had been reserved. I also stated that we would be arriving at about 3pm.
When we arrived we were told that the room was not available and that we could have a room on the other side of the hotel (above massive road works) or we could have a double room on Hobson St (which had not been cleaned or made up).
I looked at the room above the road works but it was not suitable. I was then (after a lot of waiting about) shown to a suite which had a completely unusable (for a wheelchair) bathroom.
I then went to see the room with the double bed. I was told that they would remove the sofa and put in a day bed. But I would have to wait until the cleaner had finished.
At 5.30 (two and a half hours later) we finally moved into the room. I then discovered that the double bed was made up of two large single beds. They could have separated the beds in the first place instead of all that messing about.
I was upset that a special evening had been ruined by the reception staff and my husband was exhausted by all the fuss.
The only good thing was that we had booked into the Sugar Club for dinner and had the most magnificent meal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AMReid2014
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Good Morning AMREID2014,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at SKYCITY Hotel.

I am disappointed to read we failed to meet your expectations on this visit. We do our very best to honour all requests but unfortunately it isn’t always possible.

The street works I am glad to say are coming to an end, the new Federal Street dining precinct is looking great and a great new addition to our guests and to Auckland, the works have been designed to have no impact on our guests stay. I am glad to say our feedback tools reflect this.

If you would like to discuss your feedback further, please feel free to contact me on denny.keane@skycity.co.nz.

Hotel Ops Manager