SKYCITY Hotel
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$182
US$172
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$162
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$102
US$98
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$143
US$244
US$223
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$109
US$151
Trip.com
  • Fitness centre
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Free Internet
US$182
US$148
2,092 results
All reviewssky city hotelfortuna restaurantbusy hotelfederal streetupgraded to a suitevalet parkingcentral locationnew zealandroom was largegreat roomthe heart of the citychecking outmini barstayed one nightbuffet breakfastqueen streetdicky
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have tried other Hotels in Auckland - usually driven by location to an event we were attending - but each time we have been disappointed.
Skycity Auckland manages to put the complete stay package together each time for us. We love the decor, the ambient temperature throughout the Hotel, the check in and check out, the attitude of the staff and value for money.
So respectful.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is great on the West
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

James C,

Thank you for your review, it is always nice to share feedback like yours with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future,

Denny

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Recently stayed here during the Sky Tower Stair Challenge..... It was a fantastic stay. Rooms where clean and tidy and very spacious, had your own little lounge area. All rooms had free Wi-Fi and the staff were extremely helpful. The dinner and breakfast buffets are great. Liked the added security that you need your room card to get the lift to go.
Definitely stay here again. Was central and within walking distance of viaduct.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Taz -Phoenix,

It was an absolute pleasure looking after you and your collegues, I hope you managed a good time up the tower.

I look forward to seeing you all back here next year for the challenge,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Unfortunately, I only had one night at the hotel and had to get up in the middle of the night to leave for the airport. However, I found the room to be very nice, definitely casino type decor. It was roomy and had two beds and a chaise longue, safe, free Wi-Fi in the room, a fixed shower in the tub. The tub was low so that it was easy to get in and out of. The dinner buffet was excellent, so many choices. Staff was very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

LJV1515,

I am glad you enjoyed your brief stay with us, we constantly review and evaluate our service offering look at opportunities to bring technology in to steam line our service delivery.

I do hope we have the opportunity to have you back to explore a little bit more of Auckland as it truly is one of the most beautiful cities.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

So disappointed. Locked out if room on return from breakfast just before 10am when checkout is 11am. Housekeeping let us in, no questions asked. Other couples on same floor had the same problem. Waited 15 minutes for the ONE elevator which was working. Signs saying elevators were being redone but this is not acceptable. Gave up waiting after 2 lifts went past full of guests checking out so no chance if getting in. Ended up using stairs which was a little concerning given we didn't know if we could get out at the bottom. In arriving at reception to checkout there was a huge queue. So frustrating for everyone.

Rooms: these look very tired and are grubby. It really doesn't take much to get staff to scrub walls and grouting every few months in the bathroom. They really were quite filthy. We had room 169. There were also lots of small children running around the hallway. I'm not sure who they belonged to - perhaps housekeeping staff?? A bad look.

We had parked our car using valet ($35 so not cheap) and in leaving handed over the ticket. We went back to reception to checkout and on retuning to the car which was now waiting just collected the keys, hopped in and drove away. Nobody checked it see if it was our Mercedes!! So no check when housekeeping let us into our room, and now no check to see if we actually owned the car. Unbelievable!

All-in-all would not return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DCB Auckland,

I was disappointed to read your feedback on Tripadvisor, firstly please accept my apology in regards to the time it took to access the lifts, on the day in question for a period of time 2 of our 4 lifts broke down and as you mentioned one lift is currently having a system upgrade, please understand this isn’t a normal standard and further safe guards have been sort from the supplier to ensure this will not happen again. I must also apologise for the housekeeper letting you back into your room, the housekeepers have been fully trained in the handling of such but have failed to act inline with hotel policy on this occasion, I have followed this up with our housekeeping management and we are currently re training the team.

We are a family friendly hotel, we have families stay with us quiet regularly, I do not feel it is appropriate to respond to the children in question being children of employee's.

We offer a number of parking options at SKYCITY, the valet option taken on this stay has been price matched with all of our competitors and is the same price as all. We are lucky enough to offer self parking in the car park below the casino at a reduced rate.

Our concierge and driveway staff are linked together by ear piece and radio, they constantly inform each other of guest movement and cars owners, the hypothetical you mention in regards to your Mercedes does have significant safe guards around it and has never presented an issue for the hotel.

I do apologies for the detail of my response but in some areas I felt I had to clarify some of the points in your review.

I would be happy to discuss this further with you, I am contactable at denny.keane@skycity.co.nz

Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. We got a complimentary upgrade to a suite which was wonderful. The suite was so spacious and really well decorated. Very happy. The location is excellent, so close to restaurants, the mall and a nice walk to the Viaduct. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Nicole,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at SKYCITY Hotel on Tripadvisor, we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back one day in the near future.