“Modern and convenient”

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here a few nights right after arrival, and it's the perfect place to cure your jet lag and explore Auckland downtown.
The hotel is clean, modern and the concierges are exceptional helpful (thank you, Chris).
Our favorite was the Italian restaurant next door at the Grand.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Sally W,
I am glad to read you enjoyed staying with us, Sean Connelly’s Gusto is truly and amazing dining experience and compliments the other dining options nicely. We certainly have a dining option for everyone here at SKYCITY.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY if your travels ever lead you back to Auckland.

There are newer reviews for SKYCITY Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

As my partner visits the casino once a month we were entitled to a free room and car park so we took the opportunity to utilise this. Checked in at reception which was quick and easy... The lifts to our room were on a bit of a go slow... We had Room 489 (premium king street view) which upon entering, the nice king bed caught our eye!!! The room and bathroom were clean. The room was very warm so had to turn the air conditioner off which was pumping out hot air. The mini bar was well stocked and the drawer above the fridge had extras which was well stocked also.... We were surprised that the prices for mini bar and snacks were quite reasonable. (We had our own snacks and alcohol) The niggles we have is the noise from the street - workers on Fed Street, Saturday night hooligans, traffic and the police sirens every 5 minutes so if sleep is on the agenda, forget it!!! I ended up going for a late night walk. I would suggest picking another room. The next day on check out, the lifts were not working at all in which case everyone was checking out the same time.... There was a power cut so nothing was working so a few people were not happy, so to get to the car park we had to walk all the way round. We weren't fussed but there were a lot of elderly people with heavy baggage so this was an inconvenience to them.... All in all it was a pleasant stay. Would we stay again??? Maybe???

Room Tip: Try not to opt for a premium king street view.... You will never get any sleep!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Muffin00762,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at SKYCITY hotel, firstly I am glad you found the room quality, cleanliness and service you received to your liking, we spend alot of
time focusing on getting these details of a stay right.

The city block we are on experienced a power outage on Sunday morning; the problem was traced back to Vector sub station. We are a city centre hotel, while all rooms are double glazed and have significant noise reduction features from time to time an element of noise may be heard especially with emergency services around the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for 1 night and it was mostly good. The room was large, clean and comfortable, the customer service was great and the location is perfect for down town Auckland. They even gave me a card and some chocolates as it was my birthday. However, having stayed here once many years ago, I was most disappointed to find out the roof top pool no longer exists :(

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Jenna T,

It was great to read your feedback on your stay with us. I can confirm the outdoor swimming pool was removed around 4 years ago as part of some renovations. We did at this time build a full air conditioned cardio room as well as additional services for the Casino.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed at the hotel for business many times now and each time I really enjoy my stay (very central, great rooms, access to facilities). The last 2 times however I have to say that the staff (who are normally very helpful and pleasant) went beyond the usual.Without going through all of the extra help that the staff gave- it included being very flexible with my early check-in request (and my late check-out request), finding me some replacements for items that I had forgotten to bring and offering help and assistance without being asked at various times when it was really appreciated. Underlying all of this was the staff's great attitude and their genuine willingness to help. Looking forward to my next stay.

SJC 32,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight the service you received here at SKYCITY. The team are a very passionate and dedicated team and I have forwarded your kind words over to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future,
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My stay in this hotel was great! I stayed for a week and housekeeping ensured that my room was clean and well stocked. The staff in the reception were polite and friendly. When we had technical issues with our TV, it was quickly rectified.
I absolutely loved the black-out curtains which kept my room noise-free and dark, when I wanted to sleep in late.
The location is great as it was easy to find a variety of food just outside the hotel, from Mexican to Indian.
Because there were 18 of us travelling together, the cosy corners located on each floor allowed as to have discussions comfortably. Overall great experience:)

Shareefah,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at SKYCITY Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the stay and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel one day.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Sky City has all the potential of being a great hotel, unfortunately it is let down by the poor maintenance of its rooms. I stay here often through work funded trips. The first trip I had the bath was too dirty to sit in (I was quite looking forward to this after a two day conference). My third trip was much worse. My toilet was broken and wouldn't stop flushing. I waited an hour and a half in the evening for the engineers to show up. They tweaked some things and left. About an hour later it started going again of its own accord. Again they took a couple of hours to show up, by this stage it was late at night, and no apology was offered, in fact, they thought it was funny I was up until midnight waiting for a toilet fix. I avoided SkyCity for a couple of months after that but found myself back there through a work commitment. Surprise surprise, the bathroom is broken again and there is no one here to fix it... 10pm already.... with a major presentation at 7.30am.

No apology, no recognition of the inconvenience caused, any other hotel over 3 stars would have immediately offered a room change.

1  Thank Jimjams123
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Jimjam123,

Could I please request you contact me on denny.keane@skycity.co.nz. The level of service, quality of product and our service recovery seem to have been no existent on this occasion.

Please accept my apology for this shortfall and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here just recently with a group of friends on a lads weekend, having not stayed here before I didn't know what to expect but I had a fair idea in my head of the level of luxury I expected. My group bad to wait an extra 45 minutes for our rooms to become available so we eventually got in around 3.45pm.

We had booked harbour view premium king suites but I felt there was nothing special about them. They were clean and spacious but just lacked the WOW factor to them.

What totally surprised me though was the $1000 floor limit! I've traveled extensively and I haven't come across this before.Considering the cost of the room alone was alone around the $1200 mark.

To sum it up - it was alright but if you want great go somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

ConnorBNZ,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting to your rooms, we have a good track record in having all rooms back and available by 3pm but on this occasion we missed are accepted standard.

Please give me a call if you would like to discuss your stay in any further detail.