“The room was spacious and the bed so comfortable”
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
Appleby Magna, United Kingdom
“The room was spacious and the bed so comfortable”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our room was large and had a very comfortable and very large bed.
The staff were wonderful and so very helpful too, helping us with heavy cases. Excellent concierge.
The mini bar was well stocked with a a good variety including champagne (2 kinds)
The access to the Sky Tower is great and this makes for a superb "evening meal with a twist" as the restaurant slowly revolves which makes the evening very special.
It is in a great location and close to the harbour.. I really liked it and would recommend it

Room Tip: A room with a harbour view is nice but I am not sure it is worth paying a premium fow
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SKYCITYIshan2014, Hotel Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi Plumy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I will share your feedback with the team as they really take a lot of pride in exceeding our guest’s expectations. The king bed you reference is our fantastic Californian King.
I will forward your feedback on to our team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to New Zealand.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
NZ
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We paid extra to have a room for three people, 3 single beds. When we got to our room there were only 2 beds and two of everything else. Phoned down and asked for it to be fixed, that was at 3pm. Two hours waiting later, not wanting to be a pain, but couldnt have a nap in case they came, phoned again, said they would be straight up. Couldnt have a shower, not enough towels, couldnt have our bubbly not enough glasses. Another hour I went down to reception, they werent impressed or friendly, no apology. Room man came with everything, felt sorry for him, he was very nice, obviously got the short end of the stick. Reception and management should have been better.

Room Tip: Had a harbour view room but it was in the distance, wouldnt pay extra for it again. Nice and sunny t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
jentepke,

Could I kindly request you contract me re: you booking name, I would like to investigate why the rollaway wasn’t in your room on arrival. I can confirm all of our rooms in the hotel have 4 towels, 2 hand towels and a bath mat, my apologies if this wasn’t sufficient for your stay. Additional items are available to be delivered to your room if it is require.

I will follow up with our housekeeping team to ensure all rooms booked with 3 adults have the correct amount of glassware.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future and if I can be of any further assistance please contact me on denny.keane@skycity.co.nz

Regards,

South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed here on business for 4 nights in Aug 2014. The hotel room was nice and had a well lit bathroom. The bed and pillows were a bit lifeless for my preference but that didn't stop me sleeping for 13 hours on my 2nd night! I noticed you had to set the aircon to a higher temperature than I normally would. Outside and close by there are many great places to eat.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Toonreview,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I hope you enjoyed our beautiful country and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to New Zealand.

Geilo, Norway
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent on arriving in Auckland in the town centre. Helpfull staff. We were extremely tired after a long plane trip. Large room for 3 adults. Good service.
Ate at the revolving restaurant during the evening.
Visitors centre in loobt is very good.
Good view and great location.
Close to harbour, everything really.
A good deal !!!

Room Tip: Excellent location ... Got everything really.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Kia Ora Paula,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay, I hope you enjoyed New Zealand and we have the oppurtunity to have you back here one day.

Regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Business trip for 3 days. Great location and room was spacious, had good layout and a large comfortable bed. Room service was adequate, bathroom good and water pressure good. Close to the city centre, restaurants and shopping and of course the casino and attachments to such a place. Wifi at the hotel was poor. Lift service slow
Would def stay agin but would ask for a room with a view

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Fergierc,

It is great to read your feedback, the team work really hard to deliver an exceptional level of customer service in New Zealand’s busiest hotel. I will pass your feedback to our IT department regarding the WIFI speed and I am glad to inform you our lifts are due to complete there full refurbishment in September, speeding up both the response time and trip time.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at the hotel and the deluxe room was clean.
We were impressed to find out that there was a 'Visitors' Center' inside the hotel as we could get hold of some maps that were very useful for our trip in NZ.

We had buffet dinner at the Fortuna Restaurant. The food was average but there's always a long line-up and it is recommended to make reservation if one plans to have dinner there.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Restaurants.
Great food.
Fantastic staff.
24 hour desk.
Great room service, with a friendly smile at midnight....a pleasant surprise.
The Tower and Casino...
Our room was huge and appointed with lush and comfortable furnishings and the biggest KING bed ever.

Room Tip: Go for the KING. Have breakfast.....it is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Parkie57,

This feedback is exactly why we are the most exciting place to stay in Auckland; we are constantly innovating in the Casino/ F&B and the Hotel. The king bed you reference is our fantastic Californian King.

I will forward your feedback on to our team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland.