“Great for Business Trip”
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great for Business Trip”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Check-in was a breeze. Room size was good. Would have loved to have the room with the balcony access though. Wifi signal was strong. Location is great, just minutes away from the main shopping area. Restaurants aplenty around the hotel. Room service quality was average.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
SKYCITYIshan2014, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear iamjeremy78,

Your review for your visit at SKYCITY Hotel is greatly appreciated; I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Auckland soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Meeting a friend for dinner, etc and unfortunately I had mislaid my mobile phone with my friends contact details. The desk service lady, seemed more interested in the note she was writing for herself than assisting, and sadly my friends booking was in her sisters married name, so unable to trace via her name & sisters 1st name. Great assistance from the concierge saved the day - Facebook, etc via the iPad available.
Good food, good times - sad the state of affairs in the casino, so a quick look and leave.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Denny K, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Michael P,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at SKYCITY Hotel, I am glad a solution to the situation was found, I apologise if there was some delay around getting you the information you needed.
As I am sure you are aware security of guests and there personal information including location is our first priority.
Kind Regards,

Helensville, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The welcome is professional; the rooms are always good; Great beds so great sleep, yummy buffet breakfast at Fortuna, all in all always reliable and a hotel we visit often. Handy to facilities in Auckland and within walking distance of the theatres etc; great restaurants on hand within the premises and definitely one our our favourite places to visit. Tend to give a donation to the Casino but its all good fun! No round soap in our bathroom. We asked reception to send up some but had to make do with the body wash which is not as good. I am not fond of the "puriri" line either, it is not a pleasant smell but this is being picky. All in all another fantastic stay. Thanks Skycity!

Room Tip: If you have to go to your room a lot ask for one closer to the lifts as the corridors are long!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1818Chrisy68,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel, I will take on board your feedback on Puiri, this product is specially made for us using all NZ ingredients.

I look forward to having you stay with us again soon,

Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had our annual business conference in Auckland recently, and our accomodation was through Sky City. We frequently use Sky City & they always deliver for us. Great rooms, friendly helpful staff and great amenities. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi Tim R,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at SKYCITY Hotel, Thank you for the review and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Had a fantastic 3 night stay at the SKYCITY Hotel. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The new beds on level H4 are amazing. Room service was prompt and exactly what i ordered. The room was cleaned daily and set at the right temperature

Room Tip: Higher floors have newer more comfortable beds - floors H3 & H4
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jess T
Good Morning Jess T,

I was great to read your review on TripAdvisor, I will post your review on our communications notice board for the team to read.

I look forward to having you stay with us again soon

Appleby Magna, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our room was large and had a very comfortable and very large bed.
The staff were wonderful and so very helpful too, helping us with heavy cases. Excellent concierge.
The mini bar was well stocked with a a good variety including champagne (2 kinds)
The access to the Sky Tower is great and this makes for a superb "evening meal with a twist" as the restaurant slowly revolves which makes the evening very special.
It is in a great location and close to the harbour.. I really liked it and would recommend it

Room Tip: A room with a harbour view is nice but I am not sure it is worth paying a premium fow
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SKYCITYIshan2014, Hotel Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi Plumy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I will share your feedback with the team as they really take a lot of pride in exceeding our guest’s expectations. The king bed you reference is our fantastic Californian King.
I will forward your feedback on to our team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to New Zealand.

Kind Regards,
NZ
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We paid extra to have a room for three people, 3 single beds. When we got to our room there were only 2 beds and two of everything else. Phoned down and asked for it to be fixed, that was at 3pm. Two hours waiting later, not wanting to be a pain, but couldnt have a nap in case they came, phoned again, said they would be straight up. Couldnt have a shower, not enough towels, couldnt have our bubbly not enough glasses. Another hour I went down to reception, they werent impressed or friendly, no apology. Room man came with everything, felt sorry for him, he was very nice, obviously got the short end of the stick. Reception and management should have been better.

Room Tip: Had a harbour view room but it was in the distance, wouldnt pay extra for it again. Nice and sunny t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
jentepke,

Could I kindly request you contract me re: you booking name, I would like to investigate why the rollaway wasn’t in your room on arrival. I can confirm all of our rooms in the hotel have 4 towels, 2 hand towels and a bath mat, my apologies if this wasn’t sufficient for your stay. Additional items are available to be delivered to your room if it is require.

I will follow up with our housekeeping team to ensure all rooms booked with 3 adults have the correct amount of glassware.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future and if I can be of any further assistance please contact me on denny.keane@skycity.co.nz