SKYCITY Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
Econo Lodge City Central(Auckland Central)
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Elliott St Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
2,092 results
All reviewssky city hotelfortuna restaurantbusy hotelfederal streetupgraded to a suitevalet parkingcentral locationnew zealandroom was largegreat roomthe heart of the citychecking outmini barstayed one nightbuffet breakfastqueen streetdicky
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I stayed here for business when I was at a trade show in Auckland and loved the hotel... the rooms were renovated, brand new and simply gorgeous.

The staff at the front desk on the other hand were somewhat inept, and after standing there for 45 minutes waiting to be checked in it got VERY tedious. They were all in training and nobody was there to help, so that would be my only gripe about this hotel.

There are a few good restaurants yet the ground lobby level one was the best value. Great breakfasts there as well. The hotel always had taxi's which was great, and was really good value.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or if you are there for a girl/guys weekend. There are a lot of gamblers lurking about... so if being around 10000 people with fanny packs isn't your thing, then I would go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

We stayed at the Skycity hotel from December 13th to the 15th. The hotel is very modern with clean lines and simplicity. The lobby is inside the SkyTower complex, again very modern with neon lights lining the front of the bench. The staff were very quick to check us in, giving is very clear instructions how to use the elevator.
The view from the walkway to the room is just brilliant as it is a very spacious glass corridor. The end of each corridor features a small seating area, with modern furnishings.
The room was very clean. Beds and pillows were extremely comfortable, so much so that I struggled to get out of bed because I was so comfortable! The bathroom is one of the best I have ever been in for a hotel. The shower pressure was just amazing. No flimsy shower curtain either, a solid glass divider. The tub was also of a decent height and soooooo clean! The amenities were of standard for a hotel - lotion, body wash, shampoo and conditioner.
On the second day, we went down to the concierge to ask about the SkyTower. He gave us a voucher 2 for 1 admission! Very very very nice treat. He also recommended a restaurant to go to.
The SkyTower complex has just about everything you need, about a dozen different places to eat, a casino, a theater. It is also within walking distance to the harbor, but it's a bit on the far side (20 minute walk)
Upon checkout, they held our baggage in a secured room. A very nice stay! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 January 2011

Stayed twice at this hotel in December, both times for two nights. The first stay we were upgraded to a suite which was really spacious with good views over the city and harbour. There were two large flat screen TVs, large lounge area and the usual coffee and tea making facilities etc. The beds were really large and comfy for a great nights sleep.
The second stay we were not upgraded but the room was plenty big enough with partial harbour views. Again, great comfy beds and coffee and tea making facilities. Our package didn't include breakfast so can't comment on that. We did however visit the casino which was in the hotel and lots of fun!
The hotel is located near the shops and it takes about 10 minutes to walk down to the harbourside. Quite a steep walk back up.
Only concern is the hotel states a harbour view (which it used to have) but due to 2 tall towers which have been built, skycity's harbour view is more like a partial view.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 January 2011

Sky City has been a favourite of ours to take our overseas visitors and as a little get away for us as well.
Having been very sick over the xmas period I decided to take the family to sky city for three nights as a treat, the thought of lying around the lovely pool reading a book was just what i needed. We got a very good deal for the three nights and went in on sunday afternoon. As check in was at 3pm i phoned to ask if we could leave our bags at concierge and use the pool as we have done in the past, I was told "I dont know" you could try, we left it at that and checked in at 3pm.
Upon check in i noticed that we had been shifted from the 5th floor to the first floor the girl told us that as of the next day the 5th floor was undergoing refurbishment.
our room was very nice and we got into our togs to head up to the pool, but our key wouldnt let us go past the 4th floor so back to reception we went.
The man on the desk, no help then informed us that of tomorrow the pool area was no longer able to be used!!!
no where on the website or when we checked in was there any information regarding the closure of the pool/ gym area, the main reason we booked in.
We were allowed to use the pool that afternoon and then went and found accomodation for the other two nights with a beautiful roof top pool.
when we told the check in people they couldnt have cared less we asked for the complaint to be forward to the manager but i doubt it will be.
so if you are planning to go into sky city this holiday period to enjoy the lovely weather be aware no pool unless you want to use the inside lap pool at the grande.
big thanks to the heritage hotel who bent over backwards to give us a great deal and priority check in had two fab days there and their pool area sensational.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank deb4511

Reviewed 31 December 2010

I visited New Zealand in Feb / March 2010. Auckland was my first location.

1. Hotel is nicely located near one of the main attractions of the City - the Sky Tower and the in-house casino is also a huge plus.
2. My stay in Auckland was split in 2 - I stayed for a night, then went to the Bay of Islands and then came back to stay for a night. Was happy to get an upgrade to a suite for the night after returning from Bay of Islands (the pics that I have put up are of the suite).
3. Hotel rooms were well furnished with all the amenities that one may require.

However, few of the things that I didnt like were:

1. Parking in Auckland is an issue and the hotel didnt have free parking. I had to shell out 25 NZD a day to park my car. At hindsight, I shouldnt have hired a car for my stay in Auckland.
2. SkyCity is a very standard hotel. The other places I went to had a lot of boutique hotels with a very nice and different charm. Obviously, it may be unfair to punish SkyCity for this since one may not necessarily find such boutique hotels in Auckland main area.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post your review.

Whilst we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, we hope to have an opportunity to meet if not exceed your expectations in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best