“Central, Reliable”

Quest on Queen
Ranked #53 of 123 Speciality Lodging in Auckland
“Central, Reliable”
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

I stay here whenever I am on business. It's very close to everything, the rooms are in good condition, the showers are hot and there is free Internet.
The prices are very good and easy on the wallet.

I would recommend this.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We were in Auckland for our daughters graduation at Aotea Center, we had purchased a voucher for the Quest on our daughters recommendation. We were on the 13th floor, the view was delightful. We weren't disturbed by the noise of the city at all. It was an average apartment, but very acceptable. The location was great for us as we had to get to the Aotea Center, Orbit for dinner, and were able to park the car and walk everywhere. The apartment was clean and had all that is necessary. The front desk people were great, just a low key place to stay. Breakfast was basic but adequate. We will stay again when in Auckland.

Room Tip: We were upgraded from a studio to one bedroom which was great. I would imagine that the lower level...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Upon arriving in Auckland and crashing at 'one of the bros' I researched hotels for a place to stay over the weekend.

I was in search for something nice with an excellent location since a big weekend bar hopping was in order and paying the expensive fares all cabs in New Zealand seem to be charging was growing tiresome.

After considering many, I managed to stumble upon 'Quest on Qeens'. With the price being very good with the 'STAY FOR 2 AT 62!' deal. Free internet and token free breakfast.

Upon booking, I rang ahead to organize a late check in; (after office/reception hours) The receptionist instructed me of their after hours procedure.
This is where my only little gripe came to fruition, the head office had trouble opening the door remotely for me. By coincidence the receptionist was passing by and was able to rectify the problem but even she was having problems with the head office remote unlock. After all was sorted, I headed up to my room.

The apartment, the larger offering of the two types available, is fitted out with all the modern comforts; up to date TV, oven, washer and dryer. The bathroom doubled as the laundry, small but did not feel conflicting or cramped with the shower having excellent pressure and temperature.

The main bedroom, the only bedroom, is a simple affair; the bed is big and comfortable but the room lacking space for an open suitcase. The balcony is accessible from the master bedroom as well as the lounge/kitchen area.
With the room facing the Fort Street bar and nightclub strip, it was surprising to find no exterior noise leaked into the room when all doors and curtains are shut.

Quest supplied all the consumables that I needed; the extensive range of toiletries and washing powder were a great help. The included 'breakfast' contained bread, jams, cereal and juice, small but a nice gesture. Even more so when you have the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on most of the day and housekeeping leaving the breakfast for you at your doorstep.
If you prefer to head out for breakfast, I highly recommend the cafe across the road (down a short alleyway) called 'Divan'. Fantastic food and a real authentic feeling.

The location is second to none. The airport shuttle bus stops literally outside and the ferry terminal is two streets away. The hotel is surrounded by bars and nightclubs, not to mention the restaurants and shopping outlets. The downside of being in such a central location is the lack of parking, which is offered but even if available, not worth the hassle.

For travelers that don't feel like roughing it at the local hostel but don't need to be doted on by a Hotel, you can not find better than Quest on Queens. For someone like myself that enjoys immersion into the hustle and bustle of a foreign city, the location is outstanding, Price is terrific value and the apartments are modern and clean.

Could not recommend enough.

Room Tip: "Free Internet" package is delivered via Ethernet cable (No WiFi)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Petworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We arrived early and the delightful girl on reception (trainee, wish I'd got her name) couldn't have been more helpful. She got our room ready within half an hour and called me to say we could check in. Great use of space, really useful to be able to wash and dry laundry, amazing views from balcony. One way to the harbour, the other to the tower. Yes you can hear noise at night but you're bang in the centre of the city. Bit a bit weird if you couldn't! Spotlessly clean and liked the way the bedroom could be totally separated from the living area. Only fault was no wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom suite for one night in early March, 2012. The room was clean and quiet and we appreciated having the option of being able to cook and do our laundry. We also appreciated the late check-out and exceptionally professional and friendly staff. Many thanks Rachel. The only negatives would be an inability to connect to the internet and the room was slightly tired and in need or a do-over.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at Quest on Queen for one night during a layover. The Airbus Express stop is maybe a 1 min walk to Quest. Don’t expect a huge hotel entrance since Quest is actually apartments. I had pre-paid using Wotif so check-in was quick. I stayed in 11B. The room was a decent size with a separate bedroom with a sliding door. The room had a dual use washer/dryer but I didn’t use it since it was my last night. The bathroom had a good sized walk in shower with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. I did not experience any noise issues and did not use the provided ear plugs. The location is within walking distance of the Sky Tower, Viaduct Harbor, and Britomart. The White Lady burger wagon is right around the corner on Fort Street across from Nomad Backpackers. I used the key drop in the morning because I was catching an early Airbus.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank HonoluluGolfer
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Most recently stayed here during a brief trip to Auckland. My wife and I have stayed at Quest on Queen a couple of times. We usually choose this place over others as the room rates are good value and its location is very handy: It's close to the Viaduct, Britomart, and Queen St (heaps of bus stops on Queen St).

From my experience, I can't quite fault the service. They have always been helpful, friendly and professional. We usually arrive at night after the reception is closed and but it's so convenient to check ourselves in. There is a night manager who will let us in via the intercom.

The rooms are well equipped with white-wares, two hot plates, microwave, fridge, and all the usual kitchen knick-knacks. Most rooms have a balcony which makes it convenient for smokers or if you're wanting some fresh air. If you're high enough you might get a nice view of the harbour bridge.

The room we stayed in recently could do with an upgrade in the furniture. The lounge set is really worn and Quest on Queen have yet to upgrade to flatscreen LCDs.

I found it interesting that in this visit, the hotel provided us with 'ear plugs'. Yes, I agree that if you're unlucky enough and get a room which faces East it can be somewhat noisy in the weekend. I think the club have been there for a while...maybe even before the hotel. No excuse for them to be unreasonable and play loudly until 3 or 4 am though.

All in all, this place is really convenient especially if your'e looking for a quick couple's get-away trip. Room rates are good value and service is very friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid East-facing rooms as these are opposite the club and can be noisy in the weekend.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple