“Great views”

and up
SkyJump Auckland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SkyJump; NZ's Highest Jump - 192m 630ft. Jump start your Kiwi Adventure by leaping from Auckland's SkyTower. It takes about 11 seconds to reach the ground falling at about 85 kph. The ground rush is unbeatable. Participants wear a full body harness and flying suit (all provided). Unlike Bungy, there is not dangling upside down or bounding around - you simply fall 'fast and smooth' and then slow down to land just in the last few metres. SkyWalk; Life on the Edge! Inch along a narrow walkway around the Sky Tower, high above Auckland. No handrail, nothing but thin air and the city 192 metres below, SkyWalk is an exhilarating challenge you'll never forget. Our guides point out attractions, tell you stories and challenge you to daredevil tricks. For a big New Zealand adventure, 360° panoramic views of Auckland and extraordinary memories, SkyWalk the ledge.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stunning views of Auckland on top of the Skytower. The jump looks more impressive than it is - it is not very scary but heaps of fun nonetheless! It's a lot more gentle than a bungee, so it's something everyody can do. And 'the fall' lasts longer too!

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The most exhilarating experience ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Whilst on the escalator ride to the bottom to the sky tower, your left thinking about the possibility of the feat you are about to undertake.... Am I really about to throw myself off a 192m tower.... Just for fun..... HELL YES.

Whilst I will admit I may have suffered from a minor panic attack prior to launching myself off of the top, all the staff, from the crew working behind the desks, to the guys (good looking too might I add) that securely strap you into and onto this guided BASE jump are there to "help" you make/take that leap of faith.

After the initial 2 seconds of sheer utter fear, you realise that you are pretty much flying and then the joy and excitement take over... I urge you to look around at the view and enjoy it.... It is over very quickly...

Will I do it again... TOTALLY and this time I'll be happy to throw myself off that tower!

Visited February 2014
SkyJumpNZ, Front Office Manager at SkyJump and SkyWalk, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Hi Cathy_OConnor, thanks for your great review of the SkyJump experience and our lovely crew. We hope to see you again for another jump - remember next time its only $75!
Warsaw, Poland
240 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Exciting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Sky jump is only for real men! Excellent organization, friendly staff, pictures and video. You can't miss it! It took us aprox. one hour.

chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bit spendy but an amazing experience none the less ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Yeah it's expensive and there are people complaining that it isn't a bungy jump, but if they had actually taken 10 seconds to read what they were signing up for, it clearly states this is NOT A BUNGY. This is a controlled fall but it will definitely get that adrenaline flowing and the view is unparalleled. My hands are sweating as I write this review. I had debated whether or not I wanted to do the jump the entire trip as I am quite the chicken when it comes to extreme sports and heights. On our last day in Auckland I made the call and we were scheduled in for just a few hours later. Suiting up and preparation only took a few short minutes and before we knew it we were on the 53rd floor, ready to jump. It was a great experience and I'm so glad we did it, but for the cost, I wish it would have lasted a bit longer or that perhaps a picture/shirt/something other than just a certificate would've been included with the jump. Overall it is quite expensive but completely unforgettable.

Hi nojohnson, thanks for you review. We are very glad that you decided to do the jump on your last day in Auckland, and we love your review pointing out that we are not a bungy!
Whangaparaoa, Auckland
4 attraction reviews
“Woohoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

...that's what I said in my video on the way down! I've never done a bungy but thought I could do the sky jump because it's controlled. But, my god it's high! So easy to book online, got to the Sky Tower and the staff were really helpful. Waiting around watching others get ready, chose a t-shirt to buy (not the 'Chicken' one!). We felt like superstars as random people were asking to have their photo's taken with us. Didn't feel too nervous until we went up in the lift - waiting and watching others jump was interesting. Nice to get a thumbs up from people doing the sky walk - real camaraderie :) The first seconds of the jump are scary but then it's fabulous and the landing is so smooth. The staff were great, really friendly and helpful. It was loads of fun and I would definitely do it again - you get a discounted jump to do again whenever you want. Would recommend it to everyone aged 10 to 110!