“Great but not for the feint hearted!”

SkyJump and SkyWalk
Book In Advance
More Info
US$162.01*
and up
SkyJump Auckland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SkyJump; NZ's Highest Jump - 192m 630ft. Jump start your Kiwi Adventure by leaping from Auckland's SkyTower. It takes about 11 seconds to reach the ground falling at about 85 kph. The ground rush is unbeatable. Participants wear a full body harness and flying suit (all provided). Unlike Bungy, there is not dangling upside down or bounding around - you simply fall 'fast and smooth' and then slow down to land just in the last few metres. SkyWalk; Life on the Edge! Inch along a narrow walkway around the Sky Tower, high above Auckland. No handrail, nothing but thin air and the city 192 metres below, SkyWalk is an exhilarating challenge you'll never forget. Our guides point out attractions, tell you stories and challenge you to daredevil tricks. For a big New Zealand adventure, 360° panoramic views of Auckland and extraordinary memories, SkyWalk the ledge.
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great but not for the feint hearted!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My teenage kids did this jump after building up the courage, they loved it, I thought it was a tad expensive at $225 + $90 for video and photos for 10 seconds of excitement, but they've got you there as where else can you do such a thing!
If your brave enough don't hesitate.

Billingshurst, United Kingdom
“Incredible”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

After wanting to do this for a very long time, when I went up to the top of the tower to the observation decks, I thought perhaps it was a bit too high for me! However, I decided I had to have a go, as it is such a unique and amazing experience. The staff were great - very friendly and professional. The jump itself it just immense, such a one-off and a massive adrenaline rush. Loved it so much I bought the GoPro video and photos of my jump. Would recommend to anybody!!!!

Visited April 2014
SkyJumpNZ, Front Office Manager at SkyJump and SkyWalk, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hi GeorgieSweeney, thanks for your review. We think you're extra brave for viewing first and then deciding to jump!
Coffs Harbour
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“my awesome death defying, superman's got nuthin on me day”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Organisation & safety from start to finish. Excellent staff that are a credit to what they do, which is adrenalin pumping madness. SkyJump is unsurpassed when it come to high level activities. I feel I had total value for money & can't wait 'till I'm back in Auckland to do my next jump. Thx to all for making my "Look & Leap' experience one I'll never forget

Visited April 2014
Hi Wendy T, thanks for your review. We hope to see you again for your next jump - make sure to bring your certificate and it's only $75!
Mandurah, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“From terror to terrific!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Highly recommended for the brave! Planned as the most exciting way to celebrate my 56th b'day, there was no way I was going to be able to back out of this amazing activity (although they would have let me, if I couldn't manage to "let go" - and offered the opportunity to take the ride in the next 12 months). Not being the best with heights, I had watched several videos of the activity to make sure I knew what I was in for, and to help me prepare mentally. However, ascending in the lift found me not wanting to look out across the amazing views of Auckland. We were the first to jump that day, and the weather was perfect. Could feel sensations of panic arise, but managed to contain it. Even knowing you are well suited up and fully attached does not stop feeling you are going to FALL a LONG way! The scariest part was on the ledge, hanging on to the guide ropes during the 3 sec count-down, and I wasn't able to let go at first. Took me a moment to get the rational mind back into gear and with gentle encouragement from the staff, I stepped off. Screamed in terror for the first 3 seconds, and then began to enjoy the ride and the scenery. All too soon the high-rise buildings get in the way, and then, plonk, you are on the target, felling totally exhilarated! Great to be able to view your friend coming down on the next jump, too! Top class event! Probably the video is a bit expensive, but there was no way I was going to walk away without it! Complimentary entry to other parts of the tower make it a great morning's entertainment!

Visited March 2014
Hi Maxi H, thanks for your review! Your SkyJump experience sounds like a bit of a roller-coaster, and we are glad you let go at the top - the longer you hold on the scarier it gets!
Sheffield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Celebrate 60 in style”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

On planning our holiday to NZ for my birthday I was looking at the sky tower restaurant when I saw the SKYWALK. I thought that looked fun and I could make some money for charity too so that's when I decided to book to do the walk on the last day of my holiday. I did it today with Matt my excellent guide. I felt totally safe and throughly enjoyed the experience, even when it was suggested that I met certain challenges such as leaning over the edge and walking arms out at the side looking upwards. If you want to do something different and get a guided tour of Auckland from the sky then do the skywalk. I also raised over NZ$2500 and enjoyed it too. Thank you Matt! The experience was awesome!

Visited March 2014
Hi LW54, thanks for your fantastic review! Congratulations on raising so much money for charity, and pushing your boundaries at the same time!