Ibis Budget Auckland Central
US$234
US$214
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$156
US$151
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$184
US$173
US$288
US$268
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$151
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$114
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$290
US$225
  • Breakfast included
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$157
Travelocity
US$198
US$148
1,931 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2011

CONS: The room is very small, and it can be a bit noisy in the evening. Only one of the two lifts works which makes checking out in the morning slow.
PROS: The location is excellent and it's tidy and clean. Also the view from some rooms can be superb.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

we are regular weekly users of this hotel. there has been a series of problems that has effected the facilities this year, mostly out of their control i.e mechanical problems with lift, and refurbishing. however, inspite of these things, we have always found all of the staff to be extremely helpful and pleasant. All have been willing at any time to attend to our needs. Yes the rooms are small and there is noise from adjoining bars, however, the location and price more than makes up for it. It works for us.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Noela T
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The hotel's location is its best feature. The staff were perfectly competent and pleasant. But the room was oppressively small, even by studio standards, and the bathroom awkwardly so. The balcony door would not open. Also: no light by or over the bed, and bed-side tables not at bed height. A radio with CD player was a nice surprise: I was able to play a CD I'd just bought in Queen St.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The hotel was fine for my purposes, however I was a bit taken aback that I was charged an extra $20 for checking in early, I would have thought if the room was empty that would be fine, the other option was to pay for my bags to be stored, which I have never come across before. I had a pretty bad sleep both nights I was there, nothing to do with the bed, it was fine, it was more to do with the window, which wouldn't shut and the noise from the clubs below and rubbish trucks at early hours of the morning. The holes in the curtains didn't help either. The bathroom was pretty tiny, sitting on the toilet seat meant that the shower curtain was in your lap. It would have been nice to have a hair dryer as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Best thing about this hotel is the price and location providing you are on foot. However I would not recommend it. One of the two elevators had been out of action for weeks. This meant a 10 minute wait for the remaining lift, more during busy periods. I could not get a decent signal on the 12" telly and you have to hire a hairdryer for $5.00. Mine didn't work so I was begrudgingly given my money back. They offer a special price for car parking $10.00 from 4pm to 9am, however it is not valid at the large convenient car park right across the road, you have to drive to one a block away. I was lucky to get the last "casual user" The hotel is good if you are a solo traveller on foot with a budget but not for families I'm afraid

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
AllSeasonsAuckland, General Manager at Ibis Budget Auckland Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

I do apologise for the elevator delays and I understand this would have been an inconvenience. We are doing everything we can to fix these issues with our elevator service provider.

We are also reviewing our procedures with the hair dryers as we see our current process not as effective as we would like, more importantly it is an inconvenience to our guests.

Again, thank you for your feedback as we use all comments constructively to improve our hotel.

Regards,