Ibis Budget Auckland Central
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$186
US$179
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$140
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$264
US$242
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$105
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$118
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$248
US$215
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
US$212
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$137
1,942 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We stayed in Auckland for two nights and booked this hotel for $65NZ. For the cost of lodging and it being centrally located, we were satisfied. The rooms are extremely small (~7ft X 15ft (main room) and 5ft X 5ft (bathroom) ) but we were able to fit 4 large checked bags & two carry-on bags in the room. (We were skiing so we had a lot of luggage.) The rooms are cleverly designed so we were able to squeeze luggage here and there. However, depending on the amount of luggage and number of people, the room may or may not be adequate. I also suggest that if you are out and about in the city, this place is fine but if you're planning on spending some time in the room for relaxation, this room may be too small and too basic.

The main room was very clean but the shower smelled of mold and was very stinky. The bathrooms are completely sealed so the entire bathroom needs to be scrubbed down. We just kept the bathroom door shut so this took care of the smell.

At night, especially on a Saturday night, there was a lot of noise outside. We were on the 9th floor. If you're a light sleeper, I suggest earplugs. I think if you're anywhere in city centre, you may also hear the noise from people in the streets.

I think this hotel is fine for a few days or a week but any longer, you may get claustrophobic. Also, I wonder if they could get the bathroom cleaner so it wouldn't stink. But, like I said, we just closed the door. I would recommend this hotel to a certain type of person who wasn't looking for 5 star accommodations and is a flexible traveler.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2010

great for an overnight stay, wouldn't want to be staying for a week though, but for the money is ideal, great location, clean, and comfortable enough, room is small though, think caravan with more headroom, a bathroom and a1m2 balcony, but at least you can open the doors and windows, unlike some hotels.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2010

the room needs more cleaning and it's very small.. ok for one or two days

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2010

....It's quite simple, if you want the Hilton, go pay for the Hilton. I booked this hotel, and after reading all the bad feedback I was abit worried and thought about cancelling and thank god I didn't. Yeah the rooms are small, but it's only a place to sleep, plenty of drawers to put your clothes, bags, etc. Shower was great. So what the floor gets wet in the bathroom, it soon drains away, hardly worth moaning about. All in all, place was awesome and the next time I go to Auckland I would definately stay again, where else so close to Queen Street could you get a better deal.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Really, it wasn't just the fact that I paid up front for six days for what I thought was a special rate and found out it was just the standard rate. This hotel is a low-rate hostel in disguise, that on top of having horrible rooms, adds to the insult for charging ridiculous rates for everything. Yeah, there is a kitchenettes, but with no pans, plates, or utensils other than two coffee spoons. Cost for a kitchen kit is $40. Cost for the laundry facilities is $8 a load. Cost of the internet is only $7.50 for two hours, I was told at the front desk, only to find out that I wasn't told there is a 30mb limit with no warning. They apologized for their mistake, but offered no refund or compensation. The rooms are microscopic in size. The entire floor of the bathroom stays wet for a good part of the day after taking a shower, as the entire floor is the shower. Only a giant could reach the hangers in the mini closet at the top of the wall. The carpet and walls are stained. The TV is a 13 inch tube TV and the "stereo" has a cassette deck. The heater is made of plastic and the size of a blow dryer. I repeatedly had to get my room key reactivated, even though I had paid in advance. I could go on and on, but really this is about as bad as it gets and no one can tell me how they get away with a four star rating and not listing themselves as a hotel. A pure rip off.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business