VR Queen Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Ascotia off Queen(Auckland Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Pool
Bianco off Queen(Auckland Central)
View Hotel
Crown on Cintra Lane(Auckland Central)
View Hotel
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Quest on Mount(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsqueen streettop endtwo bedroom suiteshort staygreat showerkitchen facilitiesfree wifibusiness tripbeds were very comfortableairport bussmall kitchennice roomlate checkenjoyed my staycomfortable staystayed one nightfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great accommodation, walking distance from most places. Very close to sky city. Staff were lovely, prices were very reasonable. Best Bed and Pillows I have ever found. The meals were excellent and innovative foods and presentation was marvellous. Restaurant meals & bar area both lovely. All the staff were capable and helpful. Breakfast was AMAZING-such a huge selection!. Will definitely be back AGAIN! Simply made my stay easy and memorable... I highly, highly recommend this hotel when staying in Auckland

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
VRGroup, General Manager at VR Queen Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Patron,
We wish to thank you for your feedback and are happy to note that your stay with us was top notch and you found our location very central.
We now look forward to your next visit to us.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had an amazing time at the hotel it was really great to have to stayed with youll, the staff was very friendly and it has amazing rooms which was neatly done up. The restaurant has it own charm very good food and the courtesy at the reception was great. I have loved every bit of my stay at the 401 queen street the rooms were comfortable and did give me a good night sleep. I would like to thank every staff of the hotel for their friendly and effective service.

Dear Patron,
We thank you for your feedback and are happy to note that your stay with us was upto your expectations. We are delighted to note that you found our staff very friendly and helpful and enjoyed the facilities in the hotel.
We now look forward to your next visit to us.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

First of all, the staff were very friendly and helpful when possible, which sadly wasn't all the time. Maybe due to language difficulties. The room was terribly small, we've never seen smaller actually, although amazingly the kitchen contained a full oven, a dishwasher!! a microwave and a fridge. The bed was huge and comfortable, but was made badly: no fitted sheet and the sheet used on the bottom didn't fit to tuck in so it was wrinkled and puckered. The heating didn't work although we fiddled for more than an hour and finally someone had to come up and we ended up having to set it to a very high setting to get any heat. And we never did get to work out how to get the sky sports channel, the guide was very basic and unhelpful. We, too had a grab one deal and did think "includes three course meal" might be rather more finer dining than the special menu we got. Very basic bar meal menu and just ice-cream for desert. We had 2 guests for dinner so we did manage to juggle the meals around using both menus and 8 year old granddaughter was happy enough with pizza and ice cream. On the plus side everything was brand new and clean, staff were attentive. That floor was a worry as it was raining and we are elderly and both have precarious back problems. Glad you're getting that sorted! Wait staff were friendly but need a bit of training, not being mean, but you really shouldn't stand in one spot at the side of the table and pass everybody's meal across from that point reaching in front of people, and I was given a knife and fork to eat my caramelised pear and panna cotta desert. I think with a bit of hotel training and bugs being ironed out, after all it is all new everything, it will improve. The 50 dollar bar goodies were pretty good to take for the trip home.

1  Thank LoopyLou331

Dear Patron,
We wish to thank you for your valuable feedback and are happy to note that you found our staff helpful and friendly and the room amenities were upto your liking. Your points about the restaurant and housekeeping have been addressed by the respective departments and I am sure in your next visit to us you will notice the change.
We now look forward to your next visit to us and would like to make it a delightful one for you.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great place to stay, we were made to feel welcome by the very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms modern and very clean. Bathroom well appointed with great shower. Excellent location. Would highly recommend to others and will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
VRGroup, General Manager at VR Queen Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Patron
We are overwhelmed by your complimenting feedback and are so happy to note that your stay with us was a top notch. We now consider you as an extended family and would love to host you again , when you visit auckland next.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arrived early room was ready which was great room nice 2 bedroom suite wouldn't want anything smaller 3 for 3 adults I seen the other rooms they were small, 2 bedroom suite was new nice bathroom.
Had breakfast buffet following morning worst I have ever had $26and only 3 hot items eggs, bacon, sausages and continental very small selection have stayed at many other hotels and never wait for food, there was only a few scrambled eggs left enough for one person only couple bits of bacon customers were waiting and complaining breakfast manager said it was coming no planning very poor actually very poor they should be more tentative than that I even had to pay for my latte I had a small plate of food got up and refused to pay for my breakfast as I needed to go and couldn't wait for more food to come out customers were waiting with plates in hand for over 10mins Manager said we are very busy sir that's not why I pay $26 busy or not you are 5 star 5 star are suppose to be top notch room is 4 star car park and the general hotel is 3.5-4 star no way it's 5, would I stay here again only if I had to. Room didn't get clean until 3.30pm and didn't even make the beds properly or replenish the bathroom supplies at all below average this not 5 star the Langham is 5 star the Sofitel is 5 star but no VR sorry.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
VRGroup, General Manager at VR Queen Street, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Patron,
We are thank full for your feedback and are happy to note that you liked our rooms and the bathrooms. We are sorry to note that you had a long wait for your breakfast and did not find it upto your expectations. It so happened that on sunday morning there was an unexpected all of a sudden rush for breakfast. However, the staff did their best to make everybody comfortable and we did have many happy customers also.
As a housekeeping procedure we have to finish the room arrival for the day first and then the teams take on the room service for the stayovers. If you would have informed the housekeeping that you wanted your room serviced earlier we would have been more than happy to do that. We always like to delight our customers and inview of that we would love to host you again and give you a different experience.