“The best !!!!!”

Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
“The best !!!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The best dessert and coffee ever. Lovely place. If you want to have a grate and delicious time, chocolate boutique is the place.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, New Zealand
“Average service”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I think the menu at the Chocolate Boutique is creative, a rare gem of a dessert place in Auckland that satisfies all palates (not just milk chic). However, the only drawback is the poor customer service. The staff are overly busy and never smile. There is a lady who really stands out, she has sourest customer service I have ever encountered. Not to mention, she gave me the wrong flavoured macaroon (similar coloured) last night. In a previous visit, my table had not been cleared, my friends and I were just sitting amongst dirty dishes. When we finally asked the staff to clear the table, a waitress rudely/brashly gathered everything and accidentally dropped a dirty spoon on my friends lap. Ew. Also, please invest in outdoor heating.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank schen92
Shanghai Region, China
“It's amazing delicious and great for a brake”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I read something in a tourist book for the Chocolate Boutique Cafe. First to know & than go... Saturday morning we went for walk along the Parnell Road enjoyed the small shops, musicians with guitar or trumpet, morning fresh air and sun. Perfect day... close to perfect... till we arrived the Cafe. Lovely place inside and outside, great choice of coffee or chocolate drinks and superb chocolate nuggets. We're coffee lover but that time I try the thick chocolate drink, a special from Italy, mmmmmhhhhhhh. on every cup you get a small piece of chocolate. The day really went to perfect. Have a try there, it's worth and take a walk. You will love it....

• Visited February 2014
Rochester, New York
“A little slice of heaven”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Discovered this wonderful gem while studying abroad in Auckland! It is a short bus ride from Auckland central and well worth the trip! This tiny little boutique is situated on a cute street lined with street lights and spiral stair cases. The perfect date spot especially in good weather. Order the drinking chocolate and you won't be disappointed...it is literally like drinking melted dark chocolate. Also the chocolate cake is pretty much heavenly. Will absolutely return should my life take me back to New Zealand.

• Visited October 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic thick dense hot chocolate ”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I love their speciality hot chocolate - their denso are thick enough to stand a spoon in. They come in Italian, Mexican, or Chilli. All are lovely but they can be slightly heavy handed on the chilli sometimes for my tastes.

Awesome that they now have more staff and triple their original seating - including a deck out back. I don't have a problem getting a table now that they've expanded.

Note: it's not worth spending $3 for an extra scoop of ice cream. I did today and it was tiny - not at all what I'd expect for a single scoop or the charge.