“Great location for a stroll post lunch”

Cornwall Park Garden Restaurant
Ranked #733 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My young daughters were intrigued with the thought of High Tea so when a daily site listed a voucher for 50% off I nabbed it fast. We booked and turned up with great excitement. I loved the elegance of the restaurant and superb outlook over the park. We ordered the tea of our choice and the cake stand turned up. We got 11 items each which included 3 sandwiches, 3 savouries, and 5 sweet treats. All divine. Total satisfaction. Highly recommend this as a superb afternoon activity. Walk round the park before hand so the guilt is lessened.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Restaurant is in a lovely scenic location serving traditional food.Food had a certain refinement to it and service was laconic in an entertaining way.Decor of restaurant does need work though

Reviewed 13 January 2014

First time dining at this restaurant and they really need to do some work on this place. First impression of building was that it is looking very tired and needs some TLC. We came for lunch at 2pm and it wasn't busy and was seated promptly but I had to call over the waiting staff to serve us because I felt like we were invisible and waited far too long to be served. My husband ordered the Lamb Burger at $26 which he was very disappointed with. The meat pattie was too small for the huge burger bun, salad was limp and the shoestring fries were overdone. I had the scone, cream & jam which was nice and was amazed that it didn't come with butter and when I asked the Asian maitre de because there was no waiting staff to be seen, he looked at me as if I was from Mars. The butter was a pale cream colour and not the typical yellow butter made in NZ. The state of the chairs were appalling, faux leather which is coming off and tatty - yuck. It cost us $43.00 for a lamb burger, scone, cream & jam, hot chocolate and a beer.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you visit Auckland, make sure you go to Cornwall Park Restaurant. Excellent service, yummy food and a stunning location. The restaurant situated in a beautiful park with big shady trees. A lovely place to go to for a afternoon of relaxation!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I've been there twice, because I live very close by. Both time very disappointed with the service.

The first time I was not well,but had friends, who came to visit. So we decided to go to Cornwall Park have high tea and get me out of the house. I was drinking a bottle of sparkling water as it made me feel better. All three of us ordered food and drinks. Our waitress did not mention anything about my sparkling water. However half way through our meal, an older gentleman came out of the indoor restaurant area came to our table and told me off for having my own drink. It was extremely embarrassing and I was simply in shock as I had no idea who he was.

Second time my friend invited me there for a three course meal as she had a voucher. Through out the service, we felt like we were been hurried. One of the waitress also told us twice, with a very rude tone, to pass the plate to her when she was clearing. The food was great, but the service made the experience very bitter.

Will not go there again.