“Worst food of our 3 week trip”
Review of Da Vinci's

Da Vinci's
Ranked #203 of 2,359 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I do not get the positive reviews.
First of all service was terrible. After we got our meal we didn't see our waiter the entire rest of the evening.
Secondly, from the bread to the gnocchi to the veal parmesan, it all tasted burned and flavorless. The veal was two tiny pieces of meat. I mean tiny plus a few pieces of broccoli and 2 pieces of potato. I ordered a salad and they informed me they ran out of lettuce! At 8pm they run out of lettuce and all their entrees include a salad? They were busy but not that busy.
It took us over 30 minutes to get our bill, I told the guy that cleared our plate my food was unacceptable and they still didn't do a thing about it. I am not that picky about my Italian food, but this place was terrible and I would avoid it!

Reviewed 28 February 2013

In Auckland for 7 days, we popped into this restaurant for dinner one night. Lovely food with wonderful flavours, great service and atmosphere. The food was so good we went back the next night, and again found the same excellent food and service. I would heartly recommend this restaurant. Great value for money.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Visited the restaurant January 2013 for a nice evening meal. Very disappointed the service was terrible too any customers with not enough supporting staff. When I brought their attention to my dinner a home made lasagne the poor meat quality. I was just ignored. Even when I paid the bill no customer service totally uninterested in my comments.

1  Thank Teeheeitismee
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Da Vinci restaurant is a simple Italian joint in Auckland. We tried vegetarian pastas and found the food to be superb. We were waited by a young, enthusiastic Italian and he recommended couple of pastas for both me and my wife. We loved the food, specially the Gnocchi Pasta, and recommend this to other travelers.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

In the three days we had in Auckland we went here 3 times for dinner. The staff are from Italy and very nice and helpful. Tried the pizza with saffron potatoes on it and was amazed, never would have considered trying it with out the waiters recommendation. The peach dessert was another treat.